PDA

View Full Version : RIP, Binx- A memorial statement

Cataholic
02-16-2005, 09:58 AM
Binx,
I can’t believe it has been one whole year. 52 weeks. 365 days. Not a day goes by that I don’t think about you, Binx. Not one single day. Sure, the knife like pain is gone, and I can sleep in my own house without hearing you walk around, and I don’t cry every single Monday morning anymore. Everyone was right, the pain has dimmed, some. It isn’t gone. It is far from gone. I cry as I type this, I miss you so bad. I can still see you clearly. I see your eyes, asking me to take you for a walk. I can still feel your coarse coat, and your long, long tail, hitting my legs as I untangle us from the leash. The tennis ball still sits in the closet, the last visible toy of yours that isn’t packed up tightly. This past weekend, I had on the vest I used to wear with you, and as I took Jonah for a long walk around your favorite spot, I promised myself that he will know about you. He will know what a wonderful companion you were, so patient, so loving. I still can’t ever imagine loving/living with another doggie other than you. You were the absolute best. By far. I hope you know that my heart remains tied to you, forever, and that I only wanted what was best for you. I didn’t mean to let you down.

xoxo,
Johanna

slick
02-16-2005, 10:26 AM
:( :( Johanna....that's such a sweet memorial to a very special pup. I feel bad because there is absolutely nothing I can do or say to take away your pain. All I can do is offer up some big {{{HUGS}}}.

Binx...you are fondly remembered and loved by all Pet Talkers. I hope you are having a good time at the RB and I'm looking forward to the day that I make the same trip up there and get to meet you in furrrson. Kisses to you sweetie.

kimlovescats
02-16-2005, 12:04 PM
((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))) Johanna!:(
You never let Binx down, and his memory is alive in your heart forever, and Jonah will have a great example to follow by your love and devotion to your pet companions!

Love,
Kim;)

popcornbird
02-16-2005, 12:48 PM
Oh Johanna...:( {{{{{hugs}}}}}

What a beautiful memorial of your wonderful, sweet Binx. Although the pain will lessen, I know that Binx will always remain in your heart, and the memories of your special puppy boy will never fade. I know that as Jonah grows, he will be told all about Binx, and the memories of Binx will become a very special part of his life too. What you did for Binx is something most people wouldn't have done. Never feel you let him down. You were the best mommy God could have ever given him, and did the best you could for him.

Big hugs to you on this very sad anniversary. We will all always remember Binx fondly along with you.

GoldenRetrLuver
02-16-2005, 01:23 PM
Here come the tears.. :(:( What a beautiful, heartfelt memorial.

Never feel like you let him down. That's far, far from the truth. You were the best mommy he could have ever asked for.

We miss you down here, big guy.

{{{{hugs}}}}

My Peanuts
02-16-2005, 02:32 PM
That was a beautiful memorial Johanna. You never let Binx down. We all know that you gave him every chance possible, you literally did everyting. You will think of stories about Binx and smile again, I promise.

Cincy'sMom
02-16-2005, 04:55 PM
Oh my!! I can't believe it has been a year since we lost our dear Binx. {{Hugs}} to you Johanna, I can only imagine how hard it must be for you. Binx was such a special dog. I'll never forget him gumming on to my pant leg and taking me for a walk, or his big slobbery grin.

Don't ever think you let him down. You gave so much to Binx in his short life, and tried so hard to find help for him. No one, espically him, would have expected you to do anymore.

moosmom
02-16-2005, 05:18 PM
Johanna,

My ears are welling up. That was a beautiful tribute to Binxy. It IS hard to believe he's been gone a whole year! I know you will teach Jonah about Binxy and how much unconditional love he gave you. Binxy was a very special boy!

RIP dear Binxy.

Sudilar
02-16-2005, 08:41 PM
What a beautiful tribute. On the contrary, Johanna, you did not let Binx down.....you showed him true, unselfish love. Hugs to you. Binx, play hard at RB!!

captain
02-16-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Sudilar
you did not let Binx down.....you showed him true, unselfish love.

Ditto that.

Johanna, the tears are flowing here ........ and I send you all my Love .. and {{{hugs}}}

Michelle

cloverfdx
02-16-2005, 11:11 PM
{{HUGS}} for you Johanna. You loved that boy and gave him every possible chance to be healthy, in no way did you let him down. Know that you are in my thoughts on this sad day. {{Hugs}}

Binxy boy we all miss you here and think about you often. Play nicely at the bridge big boy. Luv ya.

:(

shais_mom
02-17-2005, 12:00 AM
Oh Jo -
tears are streaming down my face...
I know we have said you didn't let him down - I don't know what anyone could do to make you think otherwise.
He knows you loved him and he loved you he is you and Jonah's angel now....

wolf_Q
02-17-2005, 12:45 AM
It's hard to believe that year as passed since that day. I know Binx and Smokey are at the RB together with all of the other beloved pets. Binx was a very special dog and is missed by many.

Kater
02-17-2005, 03:35 AM
Johanna, please don't think you let Binx down in any way. It makes me very sad to think you might believe that. :( You showed him true and unselfish love.
{{{{HUGS}}}} on this difficult anniversary. Binx is so very missed. Play happily, big boy!

jenluckenbach
02-17-2005, 06:47 AM
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

ramanth
02-17-2005, 09:20 AM
Oh Johanna! You didn't let him down. You gave him love like no other could and he knew it.

*HUGS*

What a sweet memorial for that big loveable guy.

K9soul
02-17-2005, 04:08 PM
That was beautiful Johanna. Know that Binx has a very special place in many hearts, even those who never got to meet him face to face. I know how painful it is when you think of his loss, but but I also know he is one very special angel up in Heaven, playing his heart out pain-free at the bridge. Some day, a long ways down the road, you will meet with him again. He'll give you those big slurpy Saint kisses and tell you in his way how much he loves you and that you did not ever let him down.

I was tearful after reading your memorial post to him. {{Hugs}} to you.

pitc9
02-18-2005, 03:09 PM
Please.....please don't ever say you let him down, you did more than a lot of people would have done. You were his angel, and you always will be!

Binx, I am lucky to have met you at the park, I even have pictures of you and Sierra together! (I think she liked you!!;) )

Please know Johanna, that you and Binx have left your mark on my heart. All you did for him, he'll never forget and he'll always be thankful!

~*Hugs*~

anna_66
02-20-2005, 08:08 AM
Binx, I remember the last time I seen you so well. You were such a happy go lucky boy. Just lounging around and playing with that deflated soccer ball:)
I know how much your mommy loved you as I'm sure you did too. We all know she never let you down. She did everything in her power to help you, but to no avail.
I'm sure your at the RB having a great time with all the others who have passed recently...even my Angus boy (who at the time didn't seem to like you;)). But I know you two are the best of friends now.
It's all I can do to keep from crying so I will end this. Hope your having fun boy!

Johanna always remember, you did what you thought was right for him and I know he'd never hold it against you.
{{{HUGS}}} many of them for you.
Anna

Karen
02-20-2005, 08:29 AM
We will always remember and love Binx. You never ever let him down, Jo, you just loved him and wanted what was best for him. I know how deep a footprint a Saintly pup can leave on your heart, and we loved when we got to meet Binx. I am sure there are still little brown and white hairs woven into the carpet of your house, as well as the fabric of your heart, and Jonah will grow up knowing he is watched over by one great big angel! I know Binx and Freckles and Bruni have met at the Rainbow Bridge for one big Saintly slobberfest, then went and got biscuits from my mom. Place nicely at the Bridge, Binx, and say hello to all those we love, okay?