PDA

View Full Version : May need to change our name!?

rkidsrcats
02-16-2005, 08:44 AM
Hi everyone,
We have been reading regularly but not much posting. Mom will be done with school for the year in a few weeks and we can expect her to get the camera out then and give us some PT time again.
Big news ( and we mean BIG) The Tribe of 5 may be adding a member....of the canine persuasion!
His name is Samson - 9 yr old golden retreiver/Great Pyrenees mix. Good with cats.
We applied to rescue a golden and were approved. We then fell in love with the big guy. We go to meet him on Saturday. Does this mean we have to change our PT name? To something like rkidsrcats+Sam? Tiger will think we got him a pony!!
Wish us luck!

catmandu
02-16-2005, 09:02 AM
That will be interseting,to see how,the Tribe Of Five,handles the newcomer,and we hope,and pray,that there will be peaceful coexistance.

Grace
02-16-2005, 09:08 AM
He is magnificent!!

kuhio98
02-16-2005, 09:16 AM
Sam is adorable! I hope he knows what he's getting into. :D
Hopefully, he'll win over a couple of kitties to "his side" and they'll all soon be friends.

rkidsrcats
02-16-2005, 10:49 AM
RE: Tribe of 5 reception of newcomer:
Sam's foster family says he wants to be friends with their cat, but she isn't interested. I anticipate he will get a friendly welcome from the Tribe. Tiger LOVES dogs, Pippin will do whatever Tiger does, Percy & William love dogs and Norbert will do whatever Percy does. I'm hoping for a big group hug by the end of the introduction period.

Hubby is taking time off of work to make sure transition goes well. What a guy!

RedHedd
02-16-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by rkidsrcats
His name is Samson - 9 yr old golden retreiver/Great Pyrenees mix. ... Tiger will think we got him a pony!! What a GREAT combo! He looks wonderful -- not pony-like at all! :D

NoahsMommy
02-16-2005, 11:13 AM
How exciting! He looks like a love. :)

It'll be interesting to hear what the cats think of their new brother. ;)

Corinna
02-16-2005, 12:13 PM
How terrific your getting an older pup. And one thats Larger . I know most people think they are bid. But I forget how large they appear to others. My Newfy crosses freck people out all the time. But to me they are small since they are crosses. I could see the pryneeses in his face. I want ot grab it in my hands and kiss that face all over.

kimlovescats
02-16-2005, 12:15 PM
He is adorable! Good luck with the transition!;)

Laura's Babies
02-16-2005, 01:34 PM
Sam is a beautiful!! Hope the intro's go good for your tribe..

smokey the elder
02-16-2005, 01:58 PM
Aww! He looks like a big ol' mush.

QueenScoopalot
02-16-2005, 03:21 PM
What a handsome boy!!!! He does look like a mush ball lol, and can't wait to see pictures of the reactions, and hopefully the future snuggling too! :D :D :D

krazyaboutkatz
02-16-2005, 11:59 PM
He's so handsome and it sounds like his new siblings will like him too. Good luck and please keep us updated.:)

val
02-17-2005, 12:06 AM
Congrats on the addition to your tribe. I guess you'll also have to spend some time on dog general to brag about him. I haven't even had the time to venture there yet to brag about my 3! Your new fur kid is spectacular!