PDA

View Full Version : Daredevil klutz

catnapper
02-16-2005, 08:25 AM
What has gotten into Pouncer lately? He's been jumping and walking along places he NEVER went before. Just this morning he attempted to jump from the computer tower to the top of the TV on the high chest of drawers.... and promptly fell OFF the tv and between the wall and tv. Meowmie had to rescue him with her heart in her throat! :eek:

This is all new for him. We all know of his tendency to fall off things (I'm thinking of second story balconies :rolleyes: for example) so WHY is he suddenly attempting these daredevil jumps and landings? Then once he's up there (IF he gets up there) he tries the walk along whatever odd shaped item it is, or finesse his clumsy way around nicknacks and such.

Is it because he sees the younger ones and is trying to "save face"? My silly klutzy clumsy boy. Stay off the high spots and leave it to the ones that can do it without falling! Or you'll look like THIS again!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/kimmel101/Cats/wed_night.jpg

ramanth
02-16-2005, 08:37 AM
:eek: They sure do like to keep us on our toes don't they! :D

rkidsrcats
02-16-2005, 09:01 AM
Be careful Pouncer! You're scaring your Mom!

I remember the first time Pippin did a face plant off the bed. He just got up and went on down the hall chasing Tiger.... I freaked out.:eek:

catmandu
02-16-2005, 09:06 AM
The remarkable thing,is that Pouncer Angel,when she was with me,in the Apartment,used ,to do,a lot,of climbing.I was afraid,to let her,go out,on the balcony,as I was afraid that she,would go,over the edge.Maybe Pouncer Angel,is reliving he Kitten Hood,by telling her little Charge,that it is all right,to climb.

Lacey
02-16-2005, 11:14 AM
Silly Pouncer! Stop scaring your Meowmie by trying to do stunts!

Reminds me of Mowgli's klutzy daredevil moment from the other night, that was only witnessed because the lamp was on so I could read in bed. I was just getting settled and Mowg came flying in to catch some bed mice. He tried to leap onto the bed, but there was a little too much pep in his jump and he went full speed over the mattress and crashed into the wall. (No, this warden didn't move the bed just to throw him off :D) Needless to say there was much :eek: :eek: :eek: "Mowg! Are you alright!?" I just got an, "I meant to do that, Mom" look from him as he hopped up onto the bed much more carefully and started going after bed mice.

Klutzy daredevils - always good for a heart attack and a laugh at once!

NoahsMommy
02-16-2005, 11:18 AM
Pouncer....stop scaring your meowmie like that. (Do it when she's not home ;) )

hee hee ;)

catfamily
02-16-2005, 11:24 AM
Oh Pouncer stop scaring meowmie half to death.Pouncer is trying to keep up his image and wants to be the best at everything.They really are copy cats.I think after a couple more falls he'll relax or pretend to relax in front of the others to make them think he's just relaxing instead of scared to do the jumps.They don't like the others to think they can't do something;) :rolleyes: ;)

kimlovescats
02-16-2005, 12:25 PM
Pouncer, you really don't need to do your nawteeness "one better"! You are the Prince of Nawtee just as you are!!! :rolleyes: ;)

catnapper
02-16-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Pouncer, you really don't need to do your nawteeness "one better"! You are the Prince of Nawtee just as you are!!! :rolleyes: ;)
Would you please come tell him that for me? He won't listen to me!

And while you'e here giving Poucner a lecture, bring along the little tabby so we could get it to Lorraine! ;)

Laura's Babies
02-16-2005, 01:36 PM
I remember that fall from the balcony.. What does he think he is doing now?? Maybe he thinks you hair needs to be lighter... Like GRAY!