PDA

View Full Version : Hours on the Boards

4 feline house
02-27-2001, 12:26 AM
I've noticed, there are so many new people coming to the board, that it now takes me hours to go through all the new posts! I guess I'm going to have to make a habit of visiting 5 or 6 times a week, instead of my usual 3 or 4! I'm staying up too late on the nights I visit!

Fuzzy317
02-27-2001, 12:46 AM
I get on the board some at home, but mostly I get on the board here at work.

I am in I.T. Operations, and there are times with many tasks to complete. Other times (like now) I am waiting until a certain time for things to occur.

------------------
Recently adopted by 3 cats, a dog, some fish, and my fiancee

Fuzzy317
02-27-2001, 12:52 AM
Since this board covers much of the world, I wonder what local times posts are made. Here it is about 1:50 am 2/27. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

------------------
Recently adopted by 3 cats, a dog, some fish, and my fiancee

Helen
02-27-2001, 05:46 AM
I'm having the same trouble - so many interesting people and topics. I only log on at work, so Monday mornings especially are a challenge for me, three new COTDs, and three days of Talk to get through! I only rarely venture into Dog- or Pet-OTD, simply because of lack of time.

Wouldn't have it any other way though, this must be one of the most successful sites ever - we are so lucky to be a part of it.

------------------
Helen

Angels3
02-27-2001, 06:13 AM
I agree with Helen that this must be one of the most successful sites ever. And I also feel very fortunate to be part of it. The people from all over & of all ages are so interesting & thoughtful of others. I check the posts every day.

RachelJ
02-27-2001, 07:11 AM
I'm checking in 3 times a DAY. Usually when I get stressed at work, I take a break to see what's up at DOTD. If there are no new posts, I go to COTD as you cat people are cool. I used to visit other sites but since I've become addicted to DOTD, I just don't have the time. Problem is, you all let me know about these other great sites you've found, and it is really frustrating not to explore them all. For me when I check out this site, it is almost like dropping in a place where all my best friends hang out.

Genia
02-27-2001, 09:08 AM
I haven't found a site that's as user friendly as this one. I love how I can just scroll down and read all the posts instead of having to open each one seperately. I usually check 2 or three times a day at home. Never at work, too busy. I visit DOTD everyday, but will sometimes visit COTD. My two cats are at the Rainbow Bridge but I still like to see what's going on in the world of Cat People.

wolflady
02-27-2001, 02:39 PM
I agree! This has got to be THE BEST site ever! I'm addicted. Let me tell you, our network was down one day last week, and I totally felt naked because I wasn't able to check in on Pet Talk!!! LOL http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif
I check every morning when I first get to work and before everything starts. Then I'll come back and catch up on all the reading during my lunch hour that I missed earlier! It's nice to be in a place where everyone is so understanding and considerate and can share so many great stories and advice for us pet lovers! It's truely a unique bond, and it's great getting to know each of you.

Karen

Daisy's Mom
02-27-2001, 08:32 PM
Yup I'm addicted. I check the site as often as possible, but because of schoolwork and other things, I am sometimes limited to once a day, but I can't see myself letting one day slip! I am going on a trip to Spain for 9 days in April... how will I live without my Pet Talk!? Oh well... this site is wonderful. The people are so funny, interesting, and caring. They will listen to you whether you want to brag about your pet, vent about abuse, and they are even "virtual shoulders" to cry on even if your problem isn't pet-related. This site is all around great.

RachelJ
02-28-2001, 08:59 AM
Daisy's Mom, That is so neat about you getting to go to Spain for 9 days. What a wonderful experience for you and you deserve the opportunity. Is this with a Spanish class at school? I know you will miss Daisy something fierce but at least you don't have to worry about her. She will be well taken care of.

gini
02-28-2001, 09:17 AM
Spain - what a wonderful place to visit - enjoy every minute of it - Daisy's Mom and know that when you return you can still visit all of the pets that you missed each day. However, you will need to set aside a full day to catch up on all of the posts.

When I was in Spain five or six years ago, we stopped in Barcelona. Everyone was gawking at the sites. We were near a beautiful park and I noticed a dozen or so feral cats. Slowly, an old man came into the park with a large bag. He pulled out all kinds of scraps of food and little trays to put the food on. The cats knew him and came running up to be fed. He petted each one as he placed a tray in front of it. In my heart I blessed him for taking the time and care to feed these cats.

I know that I must have missed some historical information that day, but whenever I think of Barcelona, I always remember that old man tenderly feeding the cats.

Have a great trip - and watch out for the old man in the park

4 feline house
02-28-2001, 08:22 PM
Nuestros amigos en Espana quiere los gatos, tambien. Muy bien! Somos hermanos en todo el mundo.

La Casa de Quatro Gatos

Daisy's Mom
03-01-2001, 08:21 PM
Yeah I am so excited. It's a trip that you can go on if you reach the 3rd Spanish class available at my school. I took Spanish starting in fifth grade, and then my freshman year of high school I passed a test and was able to skip Spanish One, and took Two last year. This year last term, I completed Three. I love speaking another language. I am so excited! My best friend and boyfriend are going also. We are going to a Flamenco show, and seeing tons of historical buildings and things like that. We are also taking a day trip to Morocco. It's going to be so much fun, and we might even learn somehting too http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/wink.gif

HowieDawn
03-02-2001, 12:41 PM
I usually get on at work as well....usually only here on friday, saturday and sundays...unless i have a few minutes at college

Ben E Gas
03-27-2001, 11:08 AM
i'm new to this site. i love it.

thelmalu99
03-27-2001, 01:47 PM
Gotta say that this is my favorite site! I check it throughout the day here at work. Knowing that there are so many people out there who love animals restores my faith in the world. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

Daisy's Mom, have a great time in Spain!

Daisy's Mom
03-27-2001, 07:06 PM
Oh I will... it's coming up soon! April 11th!!!! I'm gonna miss you guys, not to mention my baby Daze! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif