PDA

View Full Version : What's the weirdest snack food....

CamCamPup33
02-15-2005, 09:57 PM
That you like or have eaten before?

For some reason i LOVE lemons with a dash of salt on them.. I guess this isn't considered a snack, but it's something im constantly craving. My mom told me that while she was pregnant with me, that's all she wanted.. I tried it one day, and now im "hooked".. :o :p

What's yours?

Kfamr
02-15-2005, 09:59 PM
Black Olives and pickles. :o (not together)
I LOVE them.

MariaM
02-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Well I'll probably come back with more, but I like making a bit of my own apple crumble topping and eating it lol.

popcornbird
02-15-2005, 10:06 PM
Peanut butter with honey. :p Not sure if its weird or not, but its something I was introduced to by 'Mr. Rogers' (I think), back when I was a wee little kid, and I've liked it ever since! I'm sure there are more weird things I eat, but I can't think of anything right now.

My dad on the other hand has a lot of weird snack ideas. Sometimes he goes as far as to eating his banana with spicy salsa. :eek: I've never understood it. LOL...

Samantha Puppy
02-15-2005, 10:07 PM
Tonight I had coconut chocolate chip ice cream followed IMMEDIATELY by half a bag of garlic and onion potato chips.

To me that is a pretty nasty combination but boy did it taste good!

Kfamr
02-15-2005, 10:23 PM
I remember my old neighbor used to eat a bowl of icecream with potato chips and a VERY sour dill pickle. :eek: :eek:

Logan
02-15-2005, 10:25 PM
Maybe not so weird, but I love bananas with peanut butter on them. :)

Tweety_Pie
02-15-2005, 10:30 PM
oohh hahah! I like cheese and grapes! Also another good one is celery and cheese whiz!

Logan, have you ever tried apples with peanut butter? :)

NoahsMommy
02-15-2005, 10:36 PM
I learned this one from Naomi...

Dill pickles, cheddar cheese and apples. YUMMY!!! :)

Nomilynn
02-15-2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

What a PERFECT combination! :D

slick
02-15-2005, 10:47 PM
My Mom LOVES sardines and HP sauce together on a sandwich.....

EEEEEWWWWWWWW!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

Logan
02-15-2005, 10:49 PM
My stepkids love peanut butter on apple slices. I'm sure I would too!!!! But I don't even need to go there! LOL!!!!

I like pimento cheese on celery, too.

Logan

Suki Wingy
02-15-2005, 10:58 PM
1.) a saltine cracker w/ cream cheese and a pickle slice on top (I love it!)
2.) poptarts. (Weird in themselves!)

GoldenRetrLuver
02-16-2005, 11:56 AM
I like Ketchup and Ranch/Blue Cheese dressing on just about anything. :p

cali
02-16-2005, 12:05 PM
celery with cheeze whiz... yuuuuuummmmmmmmmmm:D

peanut butter and honey is awsome too! my mom used to make them for my schoole lunches when i was little(back before PB got banned in school lol) I always loved it! I also like peanut butter mixed with nutella that is just as good and PB and honey!

Jadapit
02-16-2005, 12:12 PM
My husband talked me into trying this and I love it! Crackers with peanutbutter and jalapenos. :)

joanofark
02-16-2005, 01:11 PM
I like doritos with Hot sauce and shredded cheese on top! Yum Yum!
:)

RICHARD
02-16-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

With cottage cheese!

Or

Doritos, cottage cheese and tomato juice.

RedHedd
02-16-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by slick
My Mom LOVES sardines and HP sauce together on a sandwich..... What is HP sauce? :confused:

PJ's Mom
02-16-2005, 01:47 PM
Harry Potter sauce. :D

Cataholic
02-16-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
Harry Potter sauce. :D

Really? Well then, what is Harry Potter sauce? :D

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 01:59 PM
My mom always used to make me peanut butter and honey sandwiches... they were awesome. Whenever my husband makes my lunch, that's what he always makes me. (It's okay because he doesn't do it often enough where it becomes gross.)

PJ's Mom
02-16-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Really? Well then, what is Harry Potter sauce? :D

I have no idea, but it can't be bad. :D

RedHedd
02-16-2005, 02:48 PM
Harry Potter sauce. :D :D I had to Google Harry Potter Sauce .... appears to be some magical concoction used in a Harry Potter video game :D but I still don't know what it tastes like! :p

Lexi_Lover
02-16-2005, 02:51 PM
Kay, you read my mind! I LOVE black olives! And you guys in AMerica may not know what it is so it may seem weird to you but, I love poutine!

Its fries with cheese over top and gravy poured over! *licks lips* :p I'm having them tonight, and its not really a snack more of a lunch or dinner!

lizzielou742
02-16-2005, 08:31 PM
When we were teenagers, I had a friend who would mush a pat of butter into a spoon, cover it with salt, and lick, lick, lick. Then, when she felt like she needed either more butter or more salt, she'd reload. She carried that spoon around with her all day after school. Of course, she was then, is now, and always will be, 5'7", 130 pounds, and never has to diet a day in her life. :rolleyes:

My boyfriend likes cauliflower dipped in shrimp cocktail sauce. When I was a kid, I used to make peanut-butter-and-Hershey's-sauce sandwiches. Yum.

popcornbird
02-16-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by lizzielou742
Of course, she was then, is now, and always will be, 5'7", 130 pounds, and never has to diet a day in her life. :rolleyes:

How totally UNFAIR is that? :p Some of us have to practically kill ourselves to lose weight, while there are those that can eat all the butter, sugar, and fatty foods they want and remain as thin as ever. 'sigh'

Of course being thin doesn't necessarily mean you're healthy though...so eating that much butter can't be good for a thin person either! LOL

GraciesMommy
02-16-2005, 08:39 PM
I could live off of salsa and chips
I always say I am a "condiment" person..I love green olives, avocados, cheese, pickles, etc. I would choose this type stuff over meat/potatoes any time!

MariaM
02-16-2005, 08:43 PM
joanofark..I don't find Doritos with hot sauce and cheese on it that weird...it's basically the same as Tostitos with it....which is nachos! But I agree, YUM!

I do the peanut butter/honey thing too Lol.

Sometimes I take chocolate chips from the bag and eat them.

And Ashley should recognize this from the summer LOL...

A bowl of icing sugar and a huge glass of coke. Y-U-M!

THANKFULLY, I have stopped my icing sugar habit and haven't done that for a couple months. Actually, I had completely forgotten about it until right now. Good thing to...I'm sure that habit was mighty unhealthy.

I like ketchup on many things as well Lol.

CamCamPup33
02-16-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
How totally UNFAIR is that? :p Some of us have to practically kill ourselves to lose weight, while there are those that can eat all the butter, sugar, and fatty foods they want and remain as thin as ever. 'sigh'

Of course being thin doesn't necessarily mean you're healthy though...so eating that much butter can't be good for a thin person either! LOL

I USED to be able to eat anything and never gain weight.. Now, im gaining weight when i eat, it's weird because i never did before.. But everyone always says that it will catch up to you after years of eating junk, so i've been watching what i eat.. LOL! :p

Lilith Cherry
02-17-2005, 04:03 AM
HP sauce is nothing to do with Harry Potter ;) she is kidding you!
It is a really delicious english food good with all kinds of stuff!

http://www.hpfoods.com/brands/hpsauce/

Lillycat
02-17-2005, 11:01 AM
one of my very favorites is bananas and peanut butter (chunky) sandwiches......another is cream cheese on a good, preferably whole wheat cracker topped w/a tad of seafood/cocktail sauce......yummy!

PJ's Mom
02-17-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Lilith Cherry
HP sauce is nothing to do with Harry Potter ;) she is kidding you!

Yes, I am kidding. :D

I just can't look at the letters HP and not think of Harry Potter. Pretty sad. :rolleyes:

popcornbird
02-17-2005, 12:52 PM
Yes, I am kidding. :D

I just can't look at the letters HP and not think of Harry Potter. Pretty sad. :rolleyes:

I look at the letters HP and think of Hewlett Packard. :o

:p

CathyBogart
02-17-2005, 03:48 PM
Nori. Dried, roasted seaweed. One of my favorite things EVER.

Kfamr
02-17-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by WolfChan
Nori. Dried, roasted seaweed. One of my favorite things EVER.

Seaweed IS good! :p

buckner
02-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
For some reason i LOVE lemons with a dash of salt on them.. I guess this isn't considered a snack, but it's something im constantly craving. My mom told me that while she was pregnant with me, that's all she wanted.. I tried it one day, and now im "hooked".. :o :p
Oh lordy, these are wonderful... I tried them yesterday at lunch. My dad thought I was sooo weird, but yummy! Although, I prefer limes with salt... the limes off a Margarita or some other kind of Mexican beer.

I really like cream cheese on crackers with hot sauce on top. That's a great snack food. Ranch or Salt and Vinegar chips with cheese dip is wonderful, also. I love snack foods...

K9soul
02-18-2005, 12:02 PM
I don't know how weird it is, but one of my favorite "treats" is Granny Smith apples cut into slices with cream cheese spread over each slice, and just a little cinnamon/sugar mixture sprinkled over the top. :p The sweet-tart, creamy combination just really does something for me.

Christiansmommy
02-18-2005, 12:19 PM
Wasabi Peas!!! Mmmmm....i *love* them...very addictive.

CamCamPup33
02-18-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Christiansmommy
Wasabi Peas!!! Mmmmm....i *love* them...very addictive.

I hate those!! LOL! :p