PDA

View Full Version : Darn was Sold. :(

chrissycat21
02-15-2005, 08:39 PM
If you don't know who Darn is, seeTHIS (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58506&highlight=Darn+horse)
thread.

I just came back from my riding lesson, only to be told that they sold him. No one knew anything more other than he was sold as a companion horse for another retired horse. I find that sort of odd because he will attack other horses within 10 seconds of seeing them.

My dad called the stable and is trying to find out who bought him and if I can go see him.

I'm just really upset now, I don't think I've ever cried this much. This summer I was either going to lease or buy him from the stable. I guess I just thought he would never be sold to anyone but me only because of his 'problems'.

I just had to let it out to someone.....And this was the first place I thought of...
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Logan
02-15-2005, 09:22 PM
I'm so sorry. :(

Suki Wingy
02-15-2005, 11:07 PM
SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED TO ME (WELL, ALMOST.)
I am really bad at jumping. I have been jumping for about 2 yrs now and I'm still at 1 foot! I used to shareboard on a SEATTLE SLEW grandson (ex-racer who absolutley HATED racing but loved jumping and being a pet.) untill a change of barns (the whole family owned business re-located) I couldn't ride as often, other new and *scary* people rode him, etc. everything changed. The owners decided to sell him off to Iowa due to "saftey reasons" (he started to buck and rear and bolt and bite and kick a lot more than usual)
here is a picture of him.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/sukiwingy/player.jpg
His jockey reg. name is "I'm A Player" He was born in KY on May 6, 1999, and he is seal brown. His Sire is Fast Play(stud fee $5000, sone of the Seattle Slew) Dam: Leading Ballerina (by Moscow Ballet) Quite a royal pedegree there! and to think, my stable got him for free!
I really, truley know how you feel right now, deepest sympathy.
:( :( :(

chrissycat21
02-16-2005, 06:51 PM
Suki Wingy, I'm sorry about your horse. :(

My dad stopped at the stable on his way to work. He talked to the manager or owner and she is going to try to find out the phone number and address of where he was sold so I can maybe visit him. I really hope I can! If we aren't able to get the phone number of whoever bought him, the person said she can try to find out more information of where he went, what his home is like, etc.

Suki Wingy
02-16-2005, 10:03 PM
Oh, I amso happy for you that you might be able to find out more info on where Darn went.

flamepony12
02-16-2005, 10:06 PM
I'm so sorry. :( I really hope you can find out who he was sold to!

luvofallhorses
02-16-2005, 10:20 PM
I am soooo sorry :(:(:( I hope you find out where he was. Not the same thing happened to me but similar. I was oh about 13 and my favorite horse at the time was a bay named Nelly and I was told that she went back to her home. I would have liked to say goodbye or atleast see her. I was crushed :(:(:( (((hugs)))

ramanth
02-17-2005, 10:25 AM
I'm sorry. :( I hope the new owners let you see him.

My friend rode a horse at a stable and told the owner if she ever decided to sell her, that she'd buy her.

Well, one day, she arrived at the stable to find her favorite horse gone. Sold to someone else. :mad: :(

chrissycat21
02-17-2005, 05:41 PM
Well, I found out a little more about where he went. Tony thinks that he is just a companion pony now, he probably won't even be ridden. Which, makes me a little happier because I know how much he hated being a school horse, he looked so happy in his stall, with his blanket on, muching on hay. One of the things I was worried about is if he was being ridden they might not know the 'right' way to ride him. Since he was abused he is pretty sensitive (not sure if thats the right way to put it) and although he is stubborn if you kick him or use a crop on him he will flip out.

I guess it makes me happier that it atleast sounds like he should enjoy where he lives now.

Still waiting to hear if I can see him or not, though...