PDA

View Full Version : Paxil is home

Glacier
02-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Sweet Miss Paxil is back home. She is quite groggy and not moving at all. She's comfy on her special bed right by the woodstove. She probably should have stayed at the clinic a little longer, but the vet called at 4 and said Paxil had been crying since she woke up. The vet thought she might be happier and quieter at home. I think they were tired of listening to her! She whined a bit in the truck, but hasn't made a sound since.

The wound on her leg is HUGE!!! I had no idea it was that big of a lump! It certainly didn't feel that big when I was petting her. The vet was able to get 2cm of healthy tissue around all sides ofthe tumor. The protocol for mast cell tumors is 3cm, but due to the location of Paxil's tumor, 2cm was all they could safely take. Dr. Carolynne said Paxil did very well and she was hopeful that the cancer had all been removed. The biopsy results will be back by this time next week.

Additionally, my tour customer had a great time. The dogs did great!! I was so proud of them. I had one small mishap when the bridle line on the sled snapped on one side. Fortunately, several years ago, my mushing mentor told me to always carry extra necklines and snaps. Brian believes that you can fix pretty much anything on sled with necklines and brass snaps! Today he
was right. I'll have to call him and tell that later tonight. Nothing
Brian likes more than being right!! Plus it always makes him giggle when I tell him I actually followed his advice!

Lexi_Lover
02-15-2005, 07:47 PM
Thats great that Paxil is doing good! Glad that she did well in surgery! WAY TO GO GIRL!

PRAYING FOR A QUICK RECOVERY!

*Also congrats to you for the excellent dog sled tour! If I lived near you I would be over there in 2 seconds literally! :D

anna_66
02-15-2005, 08:01 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Paxil is home and doing well. She definately sounds like she needed to be at home with her momma:)

Glad to hear that your tour customer had a great time!

Kona & Oreo's mom
02-15-2005, 08:26 PM
I am glad to hear that Paxil's surgery went well and that she is home. I will be thinking of you and praying that the biopsy comes back with good news. Get lots of rest, Paxil.

schteve_d
02-15-2005, 08:39 PM
Great news so far....best of luck Paxil!

cyber-sibes
02-15-2005, 08:56 PM
Welcome home Paxil sweetie! Now here's a command you can take to heart --- "HEAL!" Hope she get's back on her feet and you receive good news re: biopsy. Sounds like your tour went well - wish we could be there, too!

My Peanuts
02-15-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Glacier
Dr. Carolynne said Paxil did very well and she was hopeful that the cancer had all been removed.
I will pray that this is true :). More prayers and hugs on the way for Paxil!

RobiLee
02-15-2005, 11:34 PM
Glad to hear that Paxil is home. I'm sending lots of good vibes and positive thoughts her way. That is great about the tour customer also. I knew you would do good.

Robin

Corinna
02-15-2005, 11:49 PM
glad shes home and doing well

captain
02-15-2005, 11:59 PM
Oh Paxil, so glad you are home!

Wishing you a speedy recovery sweetheart.

K9karen
02-16-2005, 12:10 AM
Praying that Paxil has a full and speedy recovery. Sleep well, pumpkin.

caseysmom
02-16-2005, 12:14 AM
I am so glad she is home safe and sound.

zippy-kat
02-16-2005, 12:35 AM
{{hugs to you, sweet Paxil!}}

NoahsMommy
02-16-2005, 12:41 AM
I'm glad Paxil is home and all that's behind her.

I'll be praying for good test results. :)

Cinder & Smoke
02-16-2005, 01:03 AM
:)

THANKS, God!!

We all 'preciate Your <skrubbin in> on both Sara and Paxil's
Sir Juries onna same day!

Please Let It Be dat allua bad stuff came off an dat Paxil
getz All Better reel Quick-like.

Thanks, agin, God!!

/s/ the (Three) Prayer Pups