PDA

View Full Version : I just have to vent...

CalliesMom
02-15-2005, 06:58 PM
You ever have one of those days where you wonder what is wrong with humanity? I don't know why I bother coming in the dog house anymore...I am so sick and tired of reading stories about people starving their pets, torturing them, treating them like pieces of clothing "getting rid of the old and in with the new."

I was watching Animal Cops last night...again, why do I bother? They had an apartment that was abandoned and two beautiful pups left to starve to death in their cages. WTF??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!! My three well loved, quite chubby kitties were all laying around me on the couch. I couldn't help but look at them and thank God that I was fortunate enough to find them...and not someone else.

Am I just becoming disillusioned with the world? Are there any good people left besides those on Pet Talk?

RICHARD
02-15-2005, 07:07 PM
It's hard for me to read all the sick/abused animal threads.
As a matter of fact I steer clear....I NEVER WATCH ANIMAL PLANET
because of Animal Cops, or whatever the name of that program is.

The other day I saw a horse get his hoof trimmed.

The gentleman found an abscess on the poor abused horse's foot.
I saw him open it up and draining it....

It was fricking sad.....

Animal abuse is totally unexcuseable....

P.S.
That's why I post stupid people stories here....

Edwina's Secretary
02-15-2005, 07:12 PM
Are there any good people left besides those on Pet Talk

Of course there are....but they don't make for very interesting tv shows....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RICHARD
02-15-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Of course there are....but they don't make for very interesting tv shows....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'll send you some of my home movies.:eek:

slick
02-15-2005, 07:24 PM
As a matter of fact I steer clear....
Me too! I go by the title....if it even suggests animal abuse, I don't open it up.

dukedogsmom
02-15-2005, 07:24 PM
I can't even watch the commercials to that show without getting sad. Would never be able to watch the whole program.

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
I NEVER WATCH ANIMAL PLANET because of Animal Cops, or whatever the name of that program is.

Same here. I would be in tears 24/7 if I did.

Laura's Babies
02-16-2005, 07:48 AM
I agree, happy stories just don't make good TV but let me remind you of a few... QSL, just went out and trapped a cat in the freezing snow in the cold northern USA.. Val just had a $25 neuterthon where her orginazation raised enough money to pay the vet the differance in his fee. Look at the great work Kimlovescats does with her fostering. Never forget Maggo's story..

These are but a few but animal cruelity is nothing to be ignored and as long as there are people, it is going to happen. WE as animal lovers must speak up and press for harsher and harsher sentencing for these crimes against companions that I feel, God put here to keep us company and enhance our lives.

Take every chance you get to press Spaying and Neutering pets to stop the overflow of unwanted pets. We here, know it is important, it is the people that don't come here that need to know that!

Pit Chick
02-16-2005, 09:11 AM
I think the animal cop shows on Animal Planet should be seen by everyone. Everyone needs to see the kind of abuse animals endure so that they too can say enough is enough, instead of the same overworked, overstressed, and underpaid/or volunteer people. The more people turn a blind eye because they "don't want to see it", the more it will continue to go unnoticed. I love those shows because it keeps giving me the motivation (along with the animals in my living room) to keep helping the animals and to keep educating the public of what is really happening to abused animals by cruel or irresponsible people. I have a photo album full of all the animals I've rescued over the years (before pics and after pics) and I have it on display during adoptions at Petsmart so people can see what these animals went through to get to that beautiful, adoptable animal they see before them.

Don't let the shows make you sad, let them light a match under your rear so you'll take a stand for the abused, starved, and neglected. :cool:

CalliesMom, I do have those days where I wonder what is wrong with humanity....EVERYDAY!

Ok Richard, let's see those home videos! :D

RICHARD
02-16-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Pit Chick

Don't let the shows make you sad, let them light a match under your rear

Ok Richard, let's see those home videos! :D

LOL,

If you know about matches and rears, you have seen them already!:eek: ;) :p

GraciesMommy
02-18-2005, 05:48 AM
I agree with Pit Chick....they are definately eye openers and hopefully make people realize that tougher laws need to be put in place and that it is a real problem. I have only watched it a few times and have had to turn it off because I get so mad..But the one that sticks out in my mind was the Houston one that the boy let his dog starve and mom had to pay a huge fine (which imo was not nearly enough!) because she "told him he needed to take care of it but wanted to teach him a lesson! If the dog died he would see that he did wrong!")OMG...what a stupid way to teach a kid!!!!!!

Suki Wingy
02-19-2005, 08:07 PM
I hate it when people see something like that and just say "I'm not looking" I thing instesd of saying "I'm not looking" we should watch it, and maybe it will motivate us to get up and do something, anything that can help.

QueenScoopalot
02-20-2005, 01:22 PM
That's the nice part about living in a "free country" is we have the freedom to either look and do something, or look the other way. I think Animal Cops is a terrific show as it opens peoples eyes, and hopefully will get them off their butts, and reporting animal cruelty. Some people wouldn't recognise it otherwise. :rolleyes: Unfortunately the justice system in this country sucks in many cases involving animals, but at least we have some degree of justice, however pitiful it is. Many other countries have no protection for companion animals, and view them only as vermin to erradicate. I for one, am quite tired of mopping up after all the irresponsible people out there, and then I watch Animal Cops, and am thankful there's law enforcement nailing the pets sufferering behind closed doors. ;) And it really is a good feeling to rescue a tormented, starving pet, and have an active part in assuring they have a future. ;)

Pit Chick
02-21-2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
If you know about matches and rears, you have seen them already!:eek: ;) :p

lolololol

Most people keep a fire extinguisher in their kitchen, you keep one under your couch, huh? :D