PDA

View Full Version : Who Feeds Your Pet?

Pam
02-26-2001, 06:12 AM
In my home I am the main "feeder/litter box scooper." I was just wondering if these duties are shared in other households. As much as I would love to think my kitties prefer me to anyone else, I think it may be because I provide the vittles! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/wink.gif What do you think?

Genia
02-26-2001, 06:21 AM
My daughter and I share the responsibility. I used to handle all the feeding and care of Jeffrey and Bandit. Then I noticed they preferred to be around me more than my daughter. I figured if she took part they would like to be around her more. It worked!

RachelJ
02-26-2001, 10:33 AM
My husband will feed the dogs occasionally, that is if I ask him to, and he is pretty good about bringing the subject up if we are going somewhere, that is, "Should we feed the dogs before we go?" but it is I who performs this duty 95% of the time. I also am the one who hands out the nighty cookies and dispenses treats for lessons. I am also the one who does 99% of the letting them out and letting them in. But does that earn me #1 status in the eyes of Hannah? Absolutely not. Dad is her hero and of course this makes me insanely jealous because I am the one who caters to her needs.

sammi
02-26-2001, 10:36 AM
I also used to get Buddy his meals & after I got my husband to give him his breakfast he started paying more attention to my husband as b/4 he ignored him alot. But with our girl lab we had b/4 Buddy I did her feeding, treats & played with her alot & when my husband was home she gave all her attention to him!!! Except at night she came to me to love her up.

jackiesdaisy1935
02-26-2001, 10:45 AM
Perry and Daisy are on different diets. Perry eats dry lamb and rice and Daisy eats Natures receipe canned lamb and rice. My husband feeds Perry in the pantry and I feed Daisy in the Kitchen. Daisy is very picky, but she loves this Natures receipe food, so for the time being that is what we are giving her. For the most part my husband tends to Perry and I tend to Daisy, I think it is because Perry is pretty big, about 26 lbs and Daisy is small about 15 lbs and she is easier to handle. But we love both equally and mostly do things together.

wolflady
02-26-2001, 11:02 AM
The care duties are pretty much split up equally between my husband and I. We both feed the kitties and scoop the litter boxes. Although he tends to his cat a little more as I do with my cat...

pam_pesto
02-26-2001, 11:37 AM
I do most of the litterbox scooping, but Pest's dad cleans the box. He mostly looks after her food, and I give her fresh water. But I clean up most of the things she spills more often, because I am usually the one home when she does it!

------------------
Personal servant for Pesto

Fuzzy317
02-26-2001, 11:50 AM
My step-son and I share the cat 'scoop litter'/water/food duties. Here lately it seems he is letting me do my share and his. We are sharing the 'trips outside'/water/food duties for our dog. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

------------------
Recently adopted by a dog, 3 cats, some fish, and my fiancee

4 feline house
02-26-2001, 10:17 PM
My son does litter box duty, I do vet duty, and we share grub duty.

strawberry_puff13
02-27-2001, 04:01 PM
I clean my rabbits cage and feed him. The whole family takes turns feeding the little dog. Me and my dad take turns feeding the big dog. And my sister feeds her mouse.

Daisy's Mom
02-27-2001, 08:22 PM
I feed Daisy on weekends and my Mom does it on weekdays. Everyone takes turns letting her in and out. One person couldn't handle it all, that dog is CONSTANTLY in and out. I am also the nail-clipper and ear-cleaner, and I bathe her and put her to bed. I am her main caretaker mostly because getting her was my idea and only happened after my thirteen years of begging. It's a lot of work but SO worth it! And I think she loves me the best too http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/wink.gif