PDA

View Full Version : An Update on the 100 Abandoned Cats

Denyce
02-15-2005, 12:05 PM
Well I talked to Donna (the woman who has most of the cats in her garage) and it was a successful adoption weekend. 27 of the cats found their furrever homes. There are still almost 70 to go but it is a good start. There are still about 30 cats in the repo'd house so they are hoping to be able to get the rest out by the end of the week.

Denyce

kimlovescats
02-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Very encouraging news! God Bless everyone involved!;)

catmandu
02-15-2005, 12:13 PM
That atleast,is Good News,as I know,that in the Last House,in Hamilton,that had a lot,of Cats,they had,to put almost,all of them down.We are praying,that those Poor Cats,can get a Furr Ever Home!

QueenScoopalot
02-15-2005, 03:35 PM
27 is excellent for a start! I know when the numbers are so high, that it seems like a small amount adopted out, but it is phenomenal! All adults? Or are there kittens involved as well? :confused: Hope some newspapers, and maybe another news station will bring the need for homes up again. ;)

jenluckenbach
02-15-2005, 06:14 PM
That is fabulous! :D

Rie Rie
02-15-2005, 06:23 PM
Great news, hope it won't take long to find homes for the others.

Laura's Babies
02-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Yea, GREAT news!! A good start on solving the delima of all those poor babies... get all the publicity you can and that'll help them find homes.

Denyce
02-15-2005, 09:43 PM
We are hoping to get the media to do another segment on Friday so that it refreashes everyone's mind before the weekend. A friend and I also will do another email update only this time with pictures involved.

There were all ages involved. I don't know the particulars as to how many of each were adopted. Although the one I saw was a half grown kitten...oh probably around 8 or 9 months. It was a solid soft gray with green eyes and a bad URI. Apparently it was one of the first ones spoken for. There was another with a crooked neck that some guy took immediately also. He said that he could take another perhaps but would like to wait a bit but to give him a call if he was needed.

Also next week we intend on putting up flyers all over the town with photos. Then on March 19th (yes I know...a month away) the Michaels Crafts here is having a Family Fun Day and they would like it if what cats are left are brought to the event. That should mainly be adults by that time I am sure.

Overall I am very pleased with our community support. :D :D

Denyce

krazyaboutkatz
02-15-2005, 11:51 PM
This is wonderful news.:D