PDA

View Full Version : Somebody Please Tell Me What's Going On

DogLover9501
02-15-2005, 08:52 AM
I really need someone to explain all this to me.

Yesterday I got PMs from Karen that I knew nothing about, and they also all disappeared and everytime I tried to log out, it would say something like "Cookies Deleted".

I went to bed after Karen told me to log out, change my password, and said she didn't think anyone was on my account.

I then went to bed.

I just got up and have an e-mail about creating a new user to attack someone?? :confused:

And a PM that people are talking about me.

I really don't know what's going on, who is getting attacked..etc, but I know nothing about this, and I have nothing to do with it. I am really confused.

I'm not sure if anyone will believe me or not, and if not I guess I'll be leaving, and it'll be hard to leave over something like this, that I don't even understand :(

Robyn

GoldenRetrLuver
02-15-2005, 08:56 AM
Oh my GOSH. Robyn, PLEASE just drop the act. I suppose I was just 'dreaming' about our whole conversation last night?

Bye. :)

DogLover9501
02-15-2005, 08:58 AM
Julie,

Please tell me what happened? I went to bed and this is not an act, I thought people here knew me, and it hurts so much when I was nothing but nice to everyone here :( I never did anything, and I'm so confused.

CountryWolf07
02-15-2005, 10:22 AM
That's strange.. :confused:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-15-2005, 10:37 AM
Robyn, I hope you took Karen's advice and changed your password. If it comes down to it, you may want to change your user name and password because it sounds like someone has gotten their hands on yours.

I have never seen anything in any of your posts to indicate you would be saying things or attacking people. And if someone is doing that with your id, they need to be removed from this board, not you.

DogLover9501
02-15-2005, 11:12 AM
I know that it's strange, that's why I don't expect anyone to believe me :(

I don't think there are any reasons to think I'm not being honest, I have never caused any trouble here before, and would never want to.

I really hope this doesn't happen to anyone else :(

cali
02-15-2005, 11:33 AM
something like this has happend to me before. someone got into my account and started attacking another person on the board, I knew nothing of it, I just started getting PMs from people calling me a lier and a "spoiled brat in dire need of pshcological help" and of coarse people did not beleive me, and I got banned from that board and another one that was linked to it... they eventually found the real culprit and I am back on those boards(greytalk was one of em) but I had to change my password and username everywhere on the net.

aly
02-15-2005, 11:49 AM
The moderators do see IP addresses. While it is possible to spoof an IP, it is difficult and probably not the case here. Especially because the writing style of the person who posted seemed like they were young and probably didn't know about IP spoofing.

I'm sure that Karen would have checked IPs before sending you the PM and email.

Karen
02-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Send me every email that you have gotten regarding this. You did change your password, right?

I will send you a PM.

cali
02-15-2005, 12:43 PM
aly keep in mind that some people will imitate the writing of their victim, this is what happend to me, the person got my IP addy and everything and wrote everything the same way I did, copying my typos etc..

catnapper
02-15-2005, 12:55 PM
I'm sorry this is happening to you. I have never seen you say or do anything to suggest you'd act or say something mean. I know you'll get this sorted out!

aly
02-15-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by cali
aly keep in mind that some people will imitate the writing of their victim, this is what happend to me, the person got my IP addy and everything and wrote everything the same way I did, copying my typos etc..

Yup, I know. I'm not implying that she did or did not do it. My main point was the IP *should* point to the person responsible (although not 100% because of ip spoofing, but chances are that didn't happen).

popcornbird
02-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Robyn, personally, I was shocked when I 'heard' it was you, because I have never, EVER seen anything nasty coming from you. I always thought you were a very sweet person. You've never fought or done anything on PT that I know of.

I guess only Karen knows if she concluded it to be you from the IP or something else. You don't seem like a person to do this, but if the IP points to you than I don't know what to think. I just hope that if you are innocent, the truth will come out. I would hate to see an innocent person being blamed.

:confused:

And if you're guilty, I would hope you'd stop lying, admit it, and apologize.

:(

Kfamr
02-15-2005, 01:22 PM
So you're saying the 10 ++ PM's between "DogLover9501" and I were someone else?

Including..

DogLover9501 wrote on 02-14-2005 08:24 PM:
You no i did it.

SURE.

DogLover9501
02-15-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
And if you're guilty, I would hope you'd stop lying, admit it, and apologize.

:(

Trust me I would be the first person to apologize if I had anything to do with any of this and knew what was going on.

Kay-I never use chat-talk like "no" and I always use proper grammer and always capital "I"s.

That says that this person didn't take alot of time to write/seem like me.

I hope this gets sorted out soon :(

Karen, I replied to your PM.

Kfamr
02-15-2005, 01:35 PM
So i'm quessing whoever did it hacked into your messengers, was spoofing your IP, and posted replies/threads under your name as well.

DogLover9501
02-15-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
So i'm quessing whoever did it hacked into your messengers, was spoofing your IP, and posted replies/threads under your name as well.

I'm not sure if IPs and all that were checked out, Im guessing they were, but Karen and I are still PMing about things.

Theres nothing in my message tracking or sent items about any of this, however last night there was about 5-6 messages to Karen in my message tracking and they had disappeared, and a couple PMs Karen sent disappeared before I could even open them.

This is all really, really nerve wrecking, and I have no idea why I was dragged into it.

slleipnir
02-15-2005, 01:43 PM
Do you have any siblings that live with you?

My Peanuts
02-15-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir

That's the first thing I thought of.

popcornbird
02-15-2005, 01:58 PM
I wonder if its Jasper. :D

He he. Just kidding.

Seriously though, I just hope the truth comes out....whatever it is.

DogLover9501
02-15-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir

No, nobody else uses my computer, and it was in the middle of the night, I left PT after posted a thread about Tigger in CG around 3:15 AM, and none of this was going on then.

Logan
02-15-2005, 02:01 PM
This is just too strange, Robyn. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. :( People need to get a life and use their creativity in positive ways.

Kfamr
02-15-2005, 02:05 PM
Whomever it was attacked me about things, attacked my dogs (calling them imperfect, overweight, ect..), blamed it on other members, denied it to others on messengers - then admitted to it, mentioned a very personal entry I made in my journal for "friends" to read, and a ton of other low-life immature things.

All while I recieved PM's from "DogLover9501" posts and threads were being made on PT and people were talking to her through messenger.

It's very sad when trust has been lost in so many people that I used to enjoy talking to - and for others as well.

DogLover9501
02-15-2005, 02:10 PM
Kay-I'm really sorry that all of that happened to you, and I hope Karen gets to the bottom of this soon.

If it helps, I never read your journal and I don't even have any accounts for journals.

It is really sad, and even if all of this gets sorted out, people could have been hurt, I don't know who/why, and even if the truth comes out, I'll still feel like I'm starting over here, and I can't help but wonder "Why me?!", I've always avoided things like these.

CamCamPup33
02-15-2005, 02:12 PM
Im with Kay and Julie here..

You admited it was you, Robyn... You can't just pretend like you didn't do anything when you know you did. I really was shocked to hear it was you too.. You never spewed up any trouble on PT and all of a sudden this happens. No offense, but it's sad when you act like you know nothing about it, when you were acting so harsh towards Julie and all last night.....

If it turns out it wasn't you, then i apologize but we'll just wait and see the outcome..

Cataholic
02-15-2005, 02:12 PM
If you didn't do it, and weren't a part of it, just let it go. Move on. To continue to post about it, deny it, etc., just keeps it current.

The truth will come out, eventually. It always does. If you weren't the perp, it will become clear. If it was you, all this denying is only going to make it worse.

dukedogsmom
02-15-2005, 02:14 PM
Whomever did it, I am so sick of this crap that has been going on in PT lately. They are making it very hard to enjoy when you have to wonder who's a troll and who isn't. I'm sure they're just loving all this, as well. If you did it, just admit to it and get it over with. From what I hear, the proof is indeniable.

DogLover9501
02-15-2005, 02:16 PM
I posted to hopefully scare this person and to see if anyone else knows anything.

I wouldn't be denying this if I was part of it, I would have left.

I hope that whomever received anything that has anything to do with this, has kept it, Im not sure what kind of information Karen needs to figure this out, but anything could be helpful.

I'm a complete wreck and I have no idea why this is happening, and that's the point, I have never caused any trouble here, I've never attacked anyone, I've stayed away from anything like that, that's why I believe that everyone should just wait until Karen figures this out.

slleipnir
02-15-2005, 02:39 PM
I don't know you well enough to say that I think you did this, or didn't. I never got the impression from you that you disliked Kay or whatever (but again, I don't know you very well)

I'm not going to judge you for this till I know for sure, but it would be nice for this to be cleared up and put behind us. PT seems to be having a lot of stuff like this lately :(

DogLover9501
02-15-2005, 02:43 PM
Thanks for not making any judgements until things are sorted out.

Karen has said she will look through the things I have sent her when she gets home tonight, I really hope everything gets cleared up soon.

However, I will probably leave even when things are sorted out because it scares me that things like this is going on here, and it's not a safe place to me anymore.

Also, no I don't dislike Kay, we don't always agree, but I would never say bad things about her, or to her.

Kfamr
02-15-2005, 02:44 PM
I guess someone hacked into your messengers as well, then.

Karen
02-15-2005, 02:47 PM
Puiblicly speculating about this is not good, and will only encourage future troublemakers. I'm going to close this thread now, okay folks? I'll get back to Robyn with what I discover this evening.