PDA

View Full Version : Thank You All For The Get Well Cards

catfamily
02-15-2005, 08:24 AM
I want to thank everyone for the beautiful get well cards that you all sent me when I needed them so much to help me through this past surgery.It was the worst one I've had and I am still in terrible pain.I taped all of your cards in my kitchen doorways and I smile whenever I walk in the kitchen now.Mike says I'm just showing off:D ;) :D You guys are the greatest.Love,Carla and Mike and all our cats:D

catmandu
02-15-2005, 08:45 AM
We are glad,that you,are getting,better,and The Found Cats,were waiting,until,the Toys came,to send a Card,but a surprise,is coming for them,and you! How was The KiTty Bag,that Birdie,and Friends,brought back.They hope,that the Dom Perignon,didnt get warm!

catnapper
02-15-2005, 08:47 AM
ooops... thanks for the reminder! Pouncer wanted me to send you a card! :o. Its in an envelope all ready to be mailed! Its coming Carla, its coming! :D

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I know it has to be incredibly painful. Gentle {{{Hugs}}}

catfamily
02-15-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
We are glad,that you,are getting,better,and The Found Cats,were waiting,until,the Toys came,to send a Card,but a surprise,is coming for them,and you! How was The KiTty Bag,that Birdie,and Friends,brought back.They hope,that the Dom Perignon,didnt get warm!
The Dom Perignon was still chilled when the Cats arrived home with it and it is helping the pain.;) Thanks for taking care and watching over them Gary.And thanks for sending them home early to take care of me.:D

catfamily
02-15-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
ooops... thanks for the reminder! Pouncer wanted me to send you a card! :o. Its in an envelope all ready to be mailed! Its coming Carla, its coming! :D

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I know it has to be incredibly painful. Gentle {{{Hugs}}}
I love Pouncer:D :D :D

slick
02-15-2005, 09:24 AM
I'm so glad you are feeling better Carla and I know you still have alot of recovery to go through. Just know that we love you and will always be here for you.

luv
slick, max and speckles.

Laura's Babies
02-15-2005, 11:42 AM
Carla, paste the card anywhere that gives you a smile and cheers you up! That isn't showing off, that is RECOVERY! A happy person heals a lot faster than a miserable one. Stay happy, keep a smile on your face, watch nothing but comedy's!!

catfamily
02-15-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
Carla, paste the card anywhere that gives you a smile and cheers you up! That isn't showing off, that is RECOVERY! A happy person heals a lot faster than a miserable one. Stay happy, keep a smile on your face, watch nothing but comedy's!!
Mike was just saying that to make me laugh.And of course it did.He's a goofy funny guy.We kind of have the same sense of humor.I guess we were meant for each other.Both goofballs:D. This surgery just doesn't seem to be healing.I'm calling the doctor again:(Something just isn't right.I can't do anything but sit or lay down.It's awful

Grace
02-15-2005, 01:33 PM
Hi Carla - glad you are getting better, one small step at a time.

I'm curious - how many duplicates did you receive? When I was picking out some to send, I kept wondering if others were picking the same card.

catfamily
02-15-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Grace
Hi Carla - glad you are getting better, one small step at a time.

I'm curious - how many duplicates did you receive? When I was picking out some to send, I kept wondering if others were picking the same card.
I only got one duplicate,and that one my dad bought and one from a pettalk friend.I love the card so it doesn't matter.And if I get any other duplicates..all the funner.:D But only 1 so far..
surprisingly only 1 duplicate with all the lovely cards I recieved:D

Grace
02-15-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by catfamily
I only got one duplicate,and that one my dad bought and one from a pettalk friend.I love the card so it doesn't matter.And if I get any other duplicates..all the funner.:D But only 1 so far..
surprisingly only 1 duplicate with all the lovely cards I recieved:D

That really surprises me - in a nice way. I figured there would be way more duplicates - guess those card makers are more creative than I gave them credit for.

QueenScoopalot
02-15-2005, 03:31 PM
Hang in there Carla. :( With all those kitty nurses, you have to get better! ;) Hope you don't have another infection cropping up somewhere. I'll probably pop by in a day or two. Chaotic week already. Rest, relax, and heal up. ;)

rg_girlca
02-15-2005, 08:10 PM
I love the thought of you having all the cards taped to the kitchen doorway.

I'm so sorry to hear you are still in so much pain Carla. Please DO call the doctor and insist on seeing him. You should have been feeling some comfort by now.

Please keep us updated.

((((((HUGS))))))

catfamily
02-15-2005, 08:18 PM
Mike is taking me in tomorrow.I'll call when they open and if he can't see me I'll go to emergency.There's still pus coming out of a huge hole next to the belly button.I told them a few days ago and he even looked at it.I thought they panick on this stuff but I guess not.Plus unreal pain on the way inside of the tummy around the organs.:eek:

rg_girlca
02-15-2005, 08:29 PM
I am so relieved to know that you are going to the doctors tomorrow. I got the shivers just by the way you described what it is wrong.

You will be in my prayers tonight Carla.

(((((HUGS)))))

NoahsMommy
02-15-2005, 08:36 PM
(((Carla)))

You poor thing. :( Please rest and let us know what your doctor says tomorrow. We're worried about you.

Take care,
Kelly

catfamily
02-17-2005, 02:31 PM
I went to the doctors today and they said it's looking good because the wound is draining nicely.(A little pus that they aren't worried about)Thank God.And the Nurse read the whole Catscan I had AFTER the surgery to me and said there is NO blockage or anything wrong except the infection and water that is now healing from antibiotics."Cephalexin"4 times a day for 10 days.I started it Monday.The Peritoneum(the inner lining of the abdomen was cut during the back surgery back in October and my intestine was sticking out for 4 months without me knowing.He repaired it and it looks fine but I'm to baby myself for a little while longer.I'm so happy that she explained everything.I feel a bit better today anyway.Thank you everyone for your support.Carla

sirrahbed
02-17-2005, 08:05 PM
Carla,
Thank you for updated us - so glad you feel a bit better and especially having things explained is so helpful!!
Please keep getting better each day and be very good to yourslef, pleae.
Love, Debbie

QueenScoopalot
02-17-2005, 08:31 PM
Carla, you're doing better than I expected! :eek: :eek: :eek: Keep healing my friend! ;)

rg_girlca
02-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Oh Carla, i'm so glad that the nurse took the time to explain everything to you. This must ease your mind some.

So happy to hear that you are feeling a bit better. Hopefully the medicine will finally be kicking in too help ease your pain.

Continue to heal and feel better real soon and please, DO baby yourself and take it easy. You truly deserve it.:)

Gentle (((((HUGS)))))

catfamily
02-21-2005, 06:02 PM
My kitchen looks great because of you guys.Thanks:D http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/catfamily%202/getwell3.jpg
And more
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/catfamily%202/getwell4.jpg
There are more on the other side too.You guys are the greatest:D

rg_girlca
02-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Glad we were able to help you through this terrible ordeal that you had to endure Carla.

I hope you are feeling better these days.

kimlovescats
02-21-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by catfamily
I went to the doctors today and they said it's looking good because the wound is draining nicely.(A little pus that they aren't worried about)Thank God.And the Nurse read the whole Catscan I had AFTER the surgery to me and said there is NO blockage or anything wrong except the infection and water that is now healing from antibiotics."Cephalexin"4 times a day for 10 days.I started it Monday.The Peritoneum(the inner lining of the abdomen was cut during the back surgery back in October and my intestine was sticking out for 4 months without me knowing.He repaired it and it looks fine but I'm to baby myself for a little while longer.I'm so happy that she explained everything.I feel a bit better today anyway.Thank you everyone for your support.Carla

My goodness Carla ... what an ordeal you've been through. That nurse was wonderful to explain everything to you though ... it certainly helps to be able to really know what is going on inside of you! HUGS and keep getting stronger!

Kim;)

Laura's Babies
02-21-2005, 07:37 PM
Keep healing Carla... We are still thinking about you!!