PDA

View Full Version : Next Northern CA Cat Show

krazyaboutkatz
02-15-2005, 12:53 AM
Hi everyone.:) I have some bad news and good news. The bad news is that the San Mateo cat show that was scheduled for March 19th and 20th has been cancelled.:( The good news is that the Pleasanton cat show scheduled for April 2nd and 3rd is still scheduled.:D It seems like a lot of the shows have been cancelled in our area for some strange reason. So who's up to going to the Pleasanton cat show?

AmberLee
02-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Wooohoooo!

Not that you had a lot of doubts about that, right? :p ;)

Going to a cat show, whoooopeeeee!

wolflady
02-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Count me in!!! That's a bummer that the San Mateo show was cancelled, because that one was supposed to be a really good one, right? :(

The Pleasanton one will be fun though. It seems like forever since I've been to one there! Yay! I can't wait! :D
**hugs**

RedHedd
02-15-2005, 04:23 PM
Keep me in the loop on this.

NoahsMommy
02-15-2005, 09:00 PM
Karen,

I think David and I will still come up for a visit. Maybe we can go to Los Gatos instead??

:) Kelly

wolflady
02-17-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Karen,

I think David and I will still come up for a visit. Maybe we can go to Los Gatos instead??

:) Kelly

:D :D You're definitely welcome any time! ;) Los Gatos is a lot of fun, so we can do that.

Plus, that means you can come up for the Pleasanton show in April too...so 2 visits! ;) LOL Yay!
**hugs**

krazyaboutkatz
03-13-2005, 11:45 PM
I'm bumping this thread up again since it's getting close to being April.:) I just looked up the cat fanciers show times again and so far this is the schedule for the rest of the year for Northern CA:

April 2&3- Pleasanton

June 11&12- San Jose- Santa Clara County Fairgrounds

Sept. 3&4- San Francisco

Nov. 5&6- San Jose- it doesn't say where yet

Nov. 18-20- I guess this means it's 3 days - San Mateo- It's the International Cat Show- This would probably be a great one to see.

So who's still up for the Pleasanton show?:)

I also looked up TICA show times and they aren't in our area. I think the closest is Sacramento.:(

AmberLee
03-14-2005, 12:03 AM
Oh boy, how exciting! Love them cat shows!!!

NoahsMommy
03-14-2005, 11:23 AM
David and I are coming up for the April 2 & 3 cat show!! Is anyone else interested in coming with Karen and I?

Yay!! Only 2 weeks away! :)

krazyaboutkatz
03-14-2005, 11:40 PM
AmberLee and I will both be at the Pleasanton cat show too.:D Which day is better for everyone? I'm sure we'll all have a great time. I can't wait.:D

sandragonfly
03-19-2005, 04:31 AM
count me in!! my first time meeting....it will be very awkward to finally meet a few of pet talkers! I'll go on april 2&3 with one or two friends and either of days works better for you guys.

but I need some resources before I go! :)
# the address or what site can I find about it?
# $ of ticket?
# how do we usually meet up each other? we don't know each other! *yeeks* ;)

can't wait...hope somebody remembers me too!

krazyaboutkatz
03-20-2005, 01:28 AM
Hi Gina, I'm glad that you'll be able to go. I'm still not sure which day is better for everyone. I don't know how much it will cost either. I think it could be between $5-$7 a person. There's also a parking fee.

Here's a copy of the location etc.:02-03(L). CA, PLEASANTON: Hall of Commerce, Almeda County Fairgrounds. Crow Canyon Cat Club. 7AB, 1Spec. Judges: Grimm(AB), St. Georges(AB), Nye(AB), Placchi(AB), Fuller(AB), Harding(AB), Owen(AB), Ayers(LH/SH). EBEF $45 1st, $40 2nd, $30 3rd+, EBCD February 25, EF $49 1st, $44 2nd, $34 3rd+, CD March 27; entry limit 225. Info: Laurie Holmes, 4113 Hemlock Avenue, Clearlake, CA 95422. 707-995-1125. Email: [email protected].

You can e-mail your questions to the above address to find out more information. We usually set up a meeting place and time when we meet other people from PT. It will be nice to meet you.:)

NoahsMommy
03-20-2005, 03:29 AM
How cool that you're coming too, Gina!! :)

I can't wait! Karen and I have so much planned....yippee!!!

BCBlondie
03-20-2005, 12:38 PM
I'll see if I can take work off on Saturday. Sunday Miko has obedience class in Oakland from 2 - 3pm, so I'm not sure if I'd be able to go on Sunday, unless we meet a few hours before 2, or stay after 3 lol...

krazyaboutkatz
03-21-2005, 11:12 AM
So has everyone decided which day would be better? I just wanted to remind everyone that Daylight Savings Time begins on Sun. April 3rd so we'll lose an hour. We set the clocks ahead one hour on Sunday at 2am.:) I hate losing the hour but I'm looking forward to more daylight in the evenings.:)

sandragonfly
03-21-2005, 02:00 PM
saturday AND sunday is fine with me. I'm waiting for all of you to pick out the day, and where to meet before we glibber off to cat show! it'd be fun....

ps] does anyone sign?

AmberLee
03-21-2005, 04:15 PM
I took a class in SEE (Signing Exact English) ... oh, my, almost 20 years ago. I'm rediculously rusty, no doubt.

Looking forward to seeing you at the cat show.

Either day works for me, I think Sunday would be a bit better though...

Going to a cat show is great fun!

sandragonfly
03-21-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee
I took a class in SEE (Signing Exact English) ... oh, my, almost 20 years ago.

*yikes* :eek: SEE is no longer around! that was my first language and now MANY, MANY rather ASL (American Sign Language). SEE is more old-fashioned. and I even can't understand a few of people who signs SEE myself!

anyway, you took a class is a good thing, let's see what you remember! :D :D

BCBlondie
03-21-2005, 10:22 PM
I don't think Saturday will work for me. It is the day of my former co-worker's memorial service and my boss needs me to work that day to cover for the people going (although I wish I could go too.. *sighs*). :(

I can see if I can make it on Sunday. What time will you guys be meeting at on Sunday?

krazyaboutkatz
03-21-2005, 11:08 PM
So far either day works for me. We really need to hear from Wolflady and NoahsMommy because I think they're planning on going as well. I also pm'd RedHedd to see if she was able to go but I haven't received an answer yet.

Edit: Quoted by Redhedd: "I'm still planning to go. Saturday afternoon MIGHT be better for me, but I'll go with whatever date the majority decides on." I just noticed that she replied.
:o

NoahsMommy
03-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Personally, I'd think Saturday would work better because we'll need to leave Sunday to go home. But, we could do the catshow in the morning and David and I can leave that afternoon.

Let me talk to him and to Karen and I'll get back to you all.

:)

sandragonfly
03-25-2005, 03:05 PM
well...anyone? it's getting very close. why don't we go ahead and say 2nd, saturday. seems work for most of us. so...krazy, since you wanted this, why don you tell me where to meet .. in pleasanton or near you? (santa clara).. I really want to go so I can get a taste of cat show! (dog show was awesome!) hear from you soon?

AmberLee
03-25-2005, 03:36 PM
KAK and I usually car-pool together especially on the out of town ones, so I'll be presumptuous and answer for her.

I'm not sure which direction you are coming from. Make it easy on yourself: we can easily make more room in my car (or hers if she's driving, I guess). I'm not planning on buying any cat furniture this time, so there shouldn't be a problem over room in the car... When we meet at the cat shows, there is usually a ring number 1 at least, so we agree to meet there (or whatever the lowest number is, if they get creative when they number!)

Feel free to PM KAK or myself. Are you in the south bay?

Tonya
03-26-2005, 08:55 PM
I'm going skydiving for my birthday in Santa Rosa on the 2nd...so I'll be driving through Pleasanton Saturday. We're staying the night in SF, so I'll be driving through again Sunday morning. So...let me know what time and we just might be able to make it!

krazyaboutkatz
03-27-2005, 02:36 AM
I'm still waiting to hear back from Wolflady. NoahsMommy will be visiting her and I know that they also want to do some shopping. I pm'd her so hopefully I'll know more by Monday. We really do need to set up a time and date very soon.:)

NoahsMommy
03-27-2005, 03:08 AM
I think Saturday will be best for me...I don't want to worry about timing on Sunday because we're going home that day. :)

Can't wait!!! :) :) :)

BCBlondie
03-27-2005, 01:48 PM
I hope you guys have fun! Take lots of pics for me. I don't think I'll be able to make it to this one. :(

krazyaboutkatz
03-27-2005, 06:15 PM
Okay, then it sounds like we'll all be going on Sat. April 2nd. I think the cat show opens at 10am and it usually closes around 5pm but I'm not sure. When will everyone be arriving on Sat.?

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again and also I'm also looking forward to meeting Gina too.:D Gina is going to meet me at my place and then AmberLee will pick us up so we'll be carpooling together. I don't know what time we'll be leaving yet.

sandragonfly
03-27-2005, 08:26 PM
krazy, it wasn't for sure but since I'm closer to you than amber, I'll meet you at 10, 11, 12, or 1 or whenever everyone is there! just say the time. hope that is ok with amber too. I think it'd be nice to be a the cat show all afternoon. a lot of cats to watch, eh?

so far it's six/seven of us, right? I'm exciting! my friend probably comes if the another one can't. oh, I'm still waiting to hear from someone to tell me where to get tickets faster.. have you guys already got one? if you're planning on get one, can you get it for me? it would be easier for me and of course, I have to pay back :) see you soon!

sandragonfly
03-27-2005, 09:12 PM
hi again,

nevermind, I finally got an email back from someone. you pay tickets at the door, 10-5PM. oh. :)

krazyaboutkatz
03-28-2005, 11:38 AM
AmberLee, Gina, and I will be leaving around 1pm on Sat. April 2nd for the cat show so we'll get there around 2pm. I hope that this works for NoahsMommy, Wolflady, RedHedd, Tonya and whoever else may be there.:) I can't wait!:D

wolflady
03-28-2005, 02:08 PM
Hey there everyone. Sorry I'm late at posting here, but I wanted to confirm that yes, Kelly and I can make it by 2pm on Saturday. That's the best day, since she and David will head back to LA on Sunday.
She'll be coming late night Friday night, so we'll be able to sleep in and then we're planning on going up to Los Gatos for a visit to Purrsnickity. From there, we'll make our way up to Pleasanton to meet up with everyone at 2pm.

Also, I believe the possibility of dinner was mentioned. We can figure that out when we meet. :)

I'm looking forward to it. I've been so drained physically as well as emotionally lately...:(
**hugs**

RedHedd
03-28-2005, 03:45 PM
I just did a MapQuest for the directions -- LOL! I am CLUELESS about the East Bay and ALWAYS get lost once I'm on the other side of the Bay Bridge. I have good intentions of getting there around 2:00!

krazyaboutkatz
03-29-2005, 12:10 AM
Yeah!:D I'm so glad that Wolflady, NoahsMommy, and RedHedd can also make it. We're all going to have a blast.:D I'll be bringing my camera so we need to take lots of group shots.;) Too bad BC Blondie won't be able to make it.:(

Karen, I'm so sorry to hear that you've been so physically and emotionally drained.:( We'll all be there to lift your spirits and cheer you up.:D {{{HUGS}}}

AmberLee
03-29-2005, 01:50 AM
My biggest problem will be if I get to yakking too much and miss the highway exit!

Getting excited!

I wonder if this is the cat show that combines with a book sale? I do enjoy that one.

krazyaboutkatz
03-29-2005, 11:32 AM

I wonder if this is the cat show that combines with a book sale? I do enjoy that one. He He!! LOL I know how you enjoy buying books!:D

NoahsMommy
03-29-2005, 05:53 PM
Book selling AND cat stuff!?!?! Uh oh...better bring my WHOLE paycheck! ;)

I'm getting excited! I can't wait to meet the PTers I haven't met before...and the ones I already know as well. :)

slick
03-29-2005, 06:24 PM
WWWWHHHHAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! I wanna be there too!!!!! Why, oh why don't I live in Cali??? :(
You guys had better take hoards of pictures....and wear your PT visors....

RedHedd
03-29-2005, 06:48 PM
Is Tonya coming too? YIPPEE!

wolflady
03-29-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
Karen, I'm so sorry to hear that you've been so physically and emotionally drained.:( We'll all be there to lift your spirits and cheer you up.:D {{{HUGS}}}

Thanks Tracey:) I'm really looking forward to it! Yay! Plus, since there won't be any men tagging along, we'll be able to stay at the show for as long as we want! :D LOL LOL LOL:p

Kelly, you'll have to keep my spending in check since Aaron won't be there to say "NO"!
ha ha

AmberLee
03-29-2005, 07:22 PM
Oops, I'm not sure if this is the one with the book sale or not. I hope so, but don't want to get anyone's hopes up.

AmberLee
03-29-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
...Plus, since there won't be any men tagging along, we'll be able to stay at the show for as long as we want! ...
Kelly, you'll have to keep my spending in check since Aaron won't be there to say "NO"!
ha ha

Ruh Roh. Sometimes I really thought the only thing keeping WL from bringing home another furster was Mr. WL. :eek: :p :eek:

Who wants to bet we'll witness a fur-baby adoption this weekend?

Woooohoooo!

krazyaboutkatz
03-30-2005, 12:04 AM
Ruh Roh. Sometimes I really thought the only thing keeping WL from bringing home another furster was Mr. WL. :eek: :p :eek:

Who wants to bet we'll witness a fur-baby adoption this weekend?

Woooohoooo! LOL I was just thinking the same thing AmberLee.:D If there are any cute white cats or grey cats up for adoption then I think that there just might be another furkid at the Wolflady household.;)

NoahsMommy
03-30-2005, 01:46 PM
ha ha
Uh oh...is right. ME??? Keep anyone's spending in check is a huge contradiction. :eek: I have a shopping problem...and it tends to be contageous!! ;)

YAY!!! Shopping!!!

wolflady
03-31-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
LOL I was just thinking the same thing AmberLee.:D If there are any cute white cats or grey cats up for adoption then I think that there just might be another furkid at the Wolflady household.;)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Do'h!

wolflady
03-31-2005, 07:37 PM
I forgot to ask...does anyone have discount coupons for this show?

krazyaboutkatz
03-31-2005, 11:20 PM
I forgot to ask...does anyone have discount coupons for this show? I don't think that this show has any disount coupons. If they do, it would be in the paper. It would probably be in the eye section. I don't get the paper so I can't look for it.

I'm getting very excited. I hope that the weather is good and that we all have a great time.:D

RedHedd
04-01-2005, 11:52 AM
I couldn't tell from their website, how much is admission anyway? Must make sure I bring enuff $$ (yes, I'm on a budget too). I will be looking for a deal on a water fountain for Mishi so I can have my bathtub back :rolleyes:

Dinner too? Oh goodie! Must bring more $$!

sandragonfly
04-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
YAY!!! Shopping!!!

:eek: must...avoid shopping for a while! :(

AmberLee
04-03-2005, 12:29 AM
Hi, all. I had such a wonderful time.

Shall I assume photos are being posted in Cat General?

*yawning my head off* Will post tomorrow.

krazyaboutkatz
04-03-2005, 01:08 AM
I had a great time today and enjoyed seeing AmberLee, RedHedd, Wolflady, and Noahsmommy again. I also enjoyed meeting Gina and her friend Eddie.:) I'll be posting my pictures is Cat General so please look for them. I'll call the thread "Pictures From The Pleasanton Cat Show". I'll also include some pictures of my cats playing with their new toys etc.:)

sandragonfly
04-03-2005, 01:23 AM
I'm home!

what a little weird day for me because I've been on petalk for three years and never met one of pet talkers until today!

it was fun meeting all of you even though it was a little quiet for me. cat show's interesting!! very different from dog show...(of course) but it was absolutely elegant! all are so spoiled with gold bowls, pinky fluffy tents, treated with mushed fish cans, purring with their squishy eyes... "every pet is special but I'm special!" :D

I'll help you guys with more pictures in "Pictures From The Pleasanton Cat Show" thread when I get to A computer with uploading enabled, see ya there! :D

krazyaboutkatz
04-03-2005, 03:04 AM
Here's the link to the thread in cat general: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=1073997#post1073997 .

RedHedd
04-03-2005, 11:59 AM
It was SO nice to meet Gina and Noah's mommy! I'd met the others before, and it was terrific to see y'all again. That show was SO much fun! I'm going over to cat general to see all the pics!