PDA

View Full Version : Very irked at our web provider!

Cookiebaker
02-14-2005, 09:15 PM
Late last week, I noticed suddenly that my webspace quit working. It kept saying that my password was invalid. My DH called them today, and they informed us that they shut it down. And the reason why? Was because it's been too long since we signed up for the service (about 5 years).

It is a dial-up account that is billed on a a per hour basis, and the last time we paid was about 3 years ago, and we paid for like 50 hours or something. No where in the fine print does it say that we have to use up our time in a given length of time or anything like that. Granted, we don't use it as much anymore now that we have DSL; but we DO depend on the service when Verizon is down. The lady even admitted that we have quite a few hours remaining on our account.

I don't really have a problem that they are pulling the service on us, but I DO have a problem with them not giving us any notice. This is my main email account, and the address that all my friends & family have. They didn't even forwarn us to be able to switch stuff over. :mad:

They HAVE re-instated my account, for now. I at least have a couple of weeks to figure out what I have in my webpage (pictures) and who needs an address change. I am glad that I have some space through my Verizon account, so at least I will still be able to post pictures on PT. :)

Kfamr
02-14-2005, 09:31 PM
That's really crappy of them to pull it without warning. Thank gosh they're allowing you time to get your pictures!!

dukedogsmom
02-14-2005, 09:32 PM
I would be finding someone else pronto! I'm glad it was reinstated long enough for you to save your stuff and find someone else. Check with boomspeed.com That's what I use. You get tons of space and a homepage/email.

Karen
02-14-2005, 09:50 PM
I would ask them for a copy of your service agreement/contract. If it doesn't say anything about them shutting you off with no notice, mention the Better Business Burea, or your Attorney General - seems illegal to me!