PDA

View Full Version : My Porch,is slaugtherhose 5

catmandu
02-14-2005, 02:52 PM
As in the last week,Scrappy 2,has left 3 mice,and this Afternnon,a freshly called Sparrow,I think.I know,that he is grateful,but I hate,to see these Animals,killed,for no reason,as he has not,as far,as I can tell,eaten any part,of them.

Grace
02-14-2005, 03:00 PM
If you have Slaughterhouse 5 - then I have #4.

If the road kill is intact - it was Grady.
If I just find parts - it was Duffy.

We have been blessed with moles, mice, birds, and just once part of a rabbit.

Luckily I have a strong stomach - I am a retired nurse.

Barbara
02-14-2005, 03:02 PM
I am sorry for that- I am sure Scrappy2 wants to feed you but I also wouldn't like that kidn of food:(

catmandu
02-14-2005, 03:05 PM
I should be used to that,as I lved,at one time,in a semi rural area,and the Resident Cat,was always bringing home Mice,Birds and Rabbits! George,the Tabby,was an amazing hunter.He could catch Birds,and Squirrels,and when a Grass Hopper jumped,he would grab,it out of mid air,and CRUCH,Grasshopper Guts,dripping,from his mouth!!!

ramanth
02-14-2005, 03:24 PM
Awww. They are just showing you that they can provide for you. :)

Rie Rie
02-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Man, I'd hate to open the door and find something dead lying there waiting for me. My neighbors cat, will catch lizards and frogs and bring them her door step.............GROSS!!!!!

sirrahbed
02-14-2005, 04:13 PM
aww Gary - isn't that considered an honor when kitty brings their kill to you? I think it is a love offering:D

kimlovescats
02-15-2005, 07:28 AM
Yes Gary, Scrappy 2 is bringing you gifts to show you his gratefulness for your love and hospitality! Hmmm, now if you can only get him to bring you pizza instead!:eek: ;) :D

Logan
02-15-2005, 07:58 AM
Gary, Butter and Mimi both do the same thing! I've always heard that we should be honored when our cats bring us these "treats". :p It is a sign of their loyalty to us.

My friend who lived across the street from me at my old house says that she misses Butter's "offerings" that he would leave on her doorstep. He kept the voles out of her yard! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-15-2005, 09:40 AM
Maya does that too :( . Last summer she brought me 3 mice and 2 birds.... . Naughty Maya (I love you honey!!) I hate to see her do that too, but it cannot be helped, it is in her nature... :(