PDA

View Full Version : You've been very, very naw-tee!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Seems we have a closet counter cat on our hands. I have never seen Cracker Jack on the counters, but he is evidently going up there at night. First of all was the catnip bag found on the living room floor two times before it got put away in a cupboard. Now.....

Last night I made a coffe/crumb cake thingy and of course, I left it on the stove (countertop stove type thing, not a regular stove with the oven below). Why did I leave it there? Well, I don't have cats that climb on the counters, they're all too old to jump that high. Ha!! I must realize that I've got a "youngster" in the house again. Yes, this morning CJ is not his normal perky self....because he must have a tummy ache....from all the coffee/crumb cake he ate! Silly boy, I hope he learned his lesson, but probably not. :rolleyes:

(PS - although he has been sneezing and rubbing his face again, which indicates to me that his tooth is bothering him. Time to make an appointment and start thinking about getting that removed.....although it's evidently not an emergency issue since he made such a piggy of himself, his appetite is obviously still there. :rolleyes: And I have seen/heard him crunching on his hard food too.)

Oh, and since he wasn't being rambunctious this morning, Peanut was actually following him around - probably wondering why she's not getting her morning hiss in....;)

ramanth
02-14-2005, 10:46 AM
Ohhh CJ! Nawtee boy! My parents 10 year old cats are counter surfers. That's why all bread products have to be hidden before bed.

jenluckenbach
02-14-2005, 10:57 AM
Hee hee.....snicker....snicker......You will need to learn a WHOLE new set of behaviors now that you have a BABY in the house again. :D:D

NoahsMommy
02-14-2005, 11:06 AM
Uh oh....CJ found something yummy, huh?

I've had to learn that the hard way too. Just because we don't see them on the counter doesn't mean they don't get up there. ;)

catmandu
02-14-2005, 11:29 AM
Cracker Jack,is not a Nawtee Boy,its in the Law,of The Cat,taht everything,in your House,belongs,to The CAT! Food,Beds,EVEYTHING,and The Found Cats,produced the Book.It is written in Meeeowish,so I am taking thier word,for it!

RICHARD
02-14-2005, 11:32 AM
Wait until he figures out the coffee machine.;)

catnapper
02-14-2005, 11:34 AM
NawTee CJ! Are you trying to steal the crown away from Leroy as the nawteest orangie?

rg_girlca
02-14-2005, 11:56 AM
(Hee,hee) Nawtee, nawtee CJ. I sure hope your little tummy feels better real soon sweetie.

BigB_Kittys
02-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Just be glad he doesn't know how to operate the can-opener. :D Cracker Jack, you are a charactor. LOL

Brian,

Ontario, Canada

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by BigB_Kittys
Just be glad he doesn't know how to operate the can-opener. :D

Lol, that's a good one!!:)

Cinder & Smoke
02-14-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Seems we have a closet counter cat on our hands.

... Peanut was actually following him around -

Did you check for Krumbz onna FLOOR??

CJ might have been makin points with the PeaNutter
by <pushin> a few bits of Kawfee Kake "over the edge" for her! ;)

I KNOW the Dawgs go in the kitchen an <WATCH> whenever Boots
goes on a Counter Surfin Mission...
He's been known to "share" what he finds!

CalliesMom
02-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Wait..the cats aren't supposed to be on the counters? :eek: That rule never went over well in my house..Callie taught the other two to get on the counter tops.

Rie Rie
02-14-2005, 02:22 PM
Annie has her food on the counter, to keep the dog from eating it. It's been a long time since she's gotten into anything and it was always a new loaf of bread. NAWTY KITTIES!!!!!!

Edwina's Secretary
02-14-2005, 02:39 PM
My brother-in-law (yes...the one who tried to feed RAW sardines to my pampered pets) gets all excited about the cats on the counter or kitchen table. I figure they will go there whether I cam looking or when I'm asleep so why make a big deal out of it. Edwina's legs are too short for her to jump on the counter but the table is fair game!

(BIL said...."oh in my house the cats don't get on the table!" My response...."this isn't YOUR house!" :D sweetly of course...)

Cinder & Smoke
02-14-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary

BIL said....
"Oh in my house the cats don't get on the table!"

You also could have said...

Cats don't get On the table...
"... that you KNOW about!" :p

slick
02-14-2005, 02:58 PM
:D :D That's too funny. Poor little CJ...no wonder he wasn't well. I've actually trained M & S to stay out of the kitchen because it's so small and when I first moved in I stepped on Speckles' tail once, so NO, mine don't get on the counters at all.

Dining room table is a different story, but then again, I never use it. I'm always eating in front of the TV or the 'puter.

Laura's Babies
02-14-2005, 05:12 PM
Since Chester was use to eating on the counter when Rie Rie has him, I had to do the same thing here but since Samantha came along, he wants his on the floor here like everybody elses.

Giz will get up there once and awhile to see what she can get into and she DID find the catnip in the cabinet above the counters one time so I moved it..

Amy has quit getting up there since she took several really bad falls off and hit the floor real hard. On her good days, she will get up there but soon as I see her, I get her down but she don't get there often...

Chester drinks his morning water from the faucet and that is about IT for him to get on there anymore.

Soapets
02-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Sounds like CJ may have gotten in to more than he can chew! :D

My Angel likes to sit in our kitchen sink, with the water just barely dripping out of the faucet, to get her drinks of water. She leaves everything else on the counter, and on the table-top, alone.

I don't know what it is about her and water! She "steals" our dogs' water bowl by moving it across the kitchen floor, away from their food area (if it doesn't have too much water in it to make it too heavy for her to move). She even moves her own water bowl out from it's place by the wall before drinking out of it.

Any time she hears water running, either in the kitchen or in the bathroom, she's right there. She's always jumping up onto the edge of the sink, then gets IN the sink and sits there meowing expectantly for us to turn the "drip" on so she can get her drink!