PDA

View Full Version : Fostering

jenluckenbach
02-14-2005, 06:32 AM
I love fostering! And I just wanted to let you know that when I say "I miss fill in name " it is not because I have regret that they have left.

I have the unique position of having the LARGEST herd of cats through my fostering. You may recall that I have already placed over 50 (then add my own) and I concider them all family. Even though I don't foster only babies, I still think of it as raising a "child" and allowing it to move on to its own life. (those who have children don't regret having them when they leave for college or married life)

I was a firm believer that I too could NOT let go............that is why I never fostered (until relatively recently). But I think I have truly found something that I am GOOD at! And look at all the fringe benefits! :D:D

1) variety
2) all the purr therapy you can stand
3) challenge
4) love and devotion
5) satisfaction

I shower my fosters with love that they may never have received so they are ready to accept love from their soon-to-be forever homes.

OK, enough rambling...........now get out there and foster a cat.....:p :D:D

catnapper
02-14-2005, 07:13 AM
I have two fosters cats! :D

And you're right, as much as I love little Murphy and will miss him, I am so happy he's going to a new home and will be loved there.

I'd immediately get a new set of fosters in, but Mr. Pouncer has let me know that he's had enough fosters for the moment. I need to let him de-stress again. I need to pay attention to him for a bit, and take a break from fostering.... sigh, I love my boy but he can be such a brat!

Rie Rie
02-14-2005, 07:37 AM
I only wish my husband would allow me to foster cats, but with keeping the grandbaby and the granddog everyday, I think he thinks I have enough on my plate,,,,,,maybe one day!!!

catmandu
02-14-2005, 08:20 AM
And Jem,whem many Years,from now,when yougo,to The Rainbow Bridge,all the Fosters,will be there,and you will be rewrded,for helping them,find those Very Special Furr Ever Homes,and they love you,for having given them,a second chance!Your Special Friend, Catmandu.

Laura's Babies
02-14-2005, 09:17 AM
Wish I could foster on a permant basis and have as many as you do......

rosethecopycat
02-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I love fostering! And I just wanted to let you know that when I say "I miss fill in name " it is not because I have regret that they have left.

I have the unique position of having the LARGEST herd of cats through my fostering. You may recall that I have already placed over 50 (then add my own) and I concider them all family. Even though I don't foster only babies, I still think of it as raising a "child" and allowing it to move on to its own life. (those who have children don't regret having them when they leave for college or married life)

I was a firm believer that I too could NOT let go............that is why I never fostered (until relatively recently). But I think I have truly found something that I am GOOD at! And look at all the fringe benefits! :D:D

1) variety
2) all the purr therapy you can stand
3) challenge
4) love and devotion
5) satisfaction

I shower my fosters with love that they may never have received so they are ready to accept love from their soon-to-be forever homes.

OK, enough rambling...........now get out there and foster a cat.....:p :D:D

AGREED!

I've met SO many characters!
So many different little personalities.
I love it.