PDA

View Full Version : Some cute videos of the tiels...

popcornbird
02-14-2005, 02:58 AM
Hi everyone. Just thought I'd share some cute videos of the tiels.

The first one is a video of what they do every night at bedtime. They know they sleep upstairs in my room, in their little purple cage, so at bedtime when I hold the cage up and call them, they come running. Its funny because if I hold up their little cage during the day and call them, they NEVER come. Only at night when they're ready for bed will they come like this. :D

Cookiebaker
02-14-2005, 06:18 AM
Poppy, those videos are the best! I just loved the one where they went flying up the ladder. :D I even got Mark in here to watch them with me. Give them smoochies and some millet for me. :)

trayi52
02-14-2005, 07:33 AM
When I played these videos, Charlie started answering them back. He really did enjoy the singing!

Thanks for sharing these wonderful videos, Poppy!

Willie:)

K9soul
02-14-2005, 09:07 AM
What a treat this morning! Looks like Popcorn is really in the Valentine's Day spirit in that one where he's singing and dancing :D. Dawn was doing her whisper cheeps back while I played that one and the last one. So adorable :)

ramanth
02-14-2005, 10:06 AM
Very cute! I love the ladder set up! :D How many cages do they have?

Logan
02-14-2005, 10:27 AM
They are all adorable! I'm embarassed to tell you that the sound that Popcorn makes in that third one, when he's "happy", is the same sound Roger makes when he is "happy", if you know what I mean!!!! :o :o :o

Roger and Milly both answered when they heard your birds! :)

Logan
02-14-2005, 10:45 AM
OK, it's another dark one, but listen, and you will hear Roger say "Hey Roger", "Whatcha doin?". I'll try to get another one of him with more light and more noise, later! :) Sure am glad I was sitting here with the camera on the desk to catch this one! :D

Logan
02-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Here's one more......."Hey Birdie" "Whatcha doin?".......of course, he was talking to Milly, not me!!! And Popcornbird, you can finally hear my voice! LOL!!! :p

popcornbird
02-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Oh my gosh Logan!!! :D:D That is TOO cute!!!!! Your little Roger has a Southern accent too. ;) He he he! He's so smart! It was so nice hearing him and you!!! I do get what you mean about Popcorn's song though. Muffin usually screams and runs from him when he does that. My family thinks she just hates his song, but honestly, I 'know' why she hates it. Because she thinks he's going to....'you know what'..:o..LOL!!!! Popcorn does use that song when he's happy in 'that sense' too, but he sings this all the time, and only uses it for 'bad birdie intentions' :p once every 6-7 months or so. Then it becomes JUST a song again. Actually, I think he has his bad intentions whenever he does it. He just can't get away with it until Muffin agrees, and Muffin's a girl tiel that's hard to convince!!! She's always wanted to keep her chastity. :p LOLLLLL!!!!!!!

Kimmy, they have two cages. The white cage with the ladder is their 'home'...but its always open and they're out of it 90% of the time. Purple cage is small and cozy. It gets very cold in our family room at night during the winter because of our tile floors, so the tiels sleep upstairs in my room. Of course their main cage is too big to carry upstairs, so I got them this little one to make things easier. :D

Thanks everyone!

CamCamPup33
02-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Aww!

Those videos were adorable!! Even though they took forever to load.. :p :p

Bennie loved hearing Popcorn and Muffin. :)

GoldenRetrLuver
02-14-2005, 11:21 PM
Meh, I wish I could view the videos! :(

I bet they're adorable, PCB!

CamCamPup33
02-15-2005, 02:29 PM
Julie, have you tried Right clicking and Saving target as?

Suki Wingy
02-15-2005, 09:29 PM
oh, they are so smart. that is so cool the way they talk!

RobiLee
02-16-2005, 07:58 AM
Love, love, love the videos! Thanks so much for the head up, Poppy! ;) What adorable birdies and I loved getting to hear them. Just awesome. Loved yours too, Logan. I so wish I could have so many different pets! I just feel like I wouldn't have the time and I don't have a clue about how to take care of a bird. I love them though!

Give them lots of head scritchies from me, Poppy!

Robin :)

My Peanuts
02-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Logan
They are all adorable! I'm embarassed to tell you that the sound that Popcorn makes in that third one, when he's "happy", is the same sound Roger makes when he is "happy", if you know what I mean!!!! :o :o :o

That's exactly what I was going to say. Also the spread wings are also part of the "happy" time. Watch out Muffin!

Very cute videos PBC and Logan. :D

popcornbird
02-16-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by My Peanuts
Watch out Muffin!

Muffin sure is watching out (as is their mommy)...LOL! I 'KNOW' what Popcorn wants from her...but good thing is she's not allowing it right now at all. When she does, it will be time for them to stay away from each other again. Good thing is Muffin usually doesn't accept Popcorn's wishes, so its very rare that they actually do what Popcorn wants to do. :p LOL!!! What else would you expect from a boy? He he he!

Ps. My mom calls Popcorn "Majesty Popcorn" when he walks like that with his wings spread. He thinks he's some king or something. LOL

Thanks everyone. :D

flamepony12
02-16-2005, 07:35 PM
uh-oh PCB, I saw your hand. :eek: (just kidding...lol)

Those were soooo cute! :D During the one of the 'tiels sitting on the calendar listening to popcorn tweet on the computer, Baybi was chirping at them. :p It's like, a never-ending chain, right? ;)
I would post videos, but unfortunately, Baybi isn't very exciting to listen to. :p
Keep 'em coming! ^_^

Kater
02-17-2005, 03:15 AM
Scamper, scurry up the ladder! TOO CUTE! :D :D :D

Loved the videos! Poppy's sweet serenade was um...not what I expected! Muffin, you must stand firm and get involved Popcorn's foolishness. ;)

Thanks for posting these, PCB! :D

My Peanuts
02-17-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Ps. My mom calls Popcorn "Majesty Popcorn" when he walks like that with his wings spread. He thinks he's some king or something. LOL

LOL! I'm going to steal that one! I'm going to call Danny Majesty Danny :D :p. I imitate Danny and my dad laughs at me. Danny does that ALL the time. Just like Muffin, Alex isn't too interested:p

Ps. PCB & Logan I showed my cousin and my bf those videos and they were cracking up :D

My Peanuts
02-17-2005, 04:01 PM
Also PCB, do your tiels walk on the ground a lot? I know you said they don't spend much time in the cage. Are you afraid you will step on them? I know I'm paranoid when my tiels are out I am always looking at the ground :p