PDA

View Full Version : Please Read! Magazine story from Young rider

PetsRule
06-14-2001, 09:38 PM
I read a story from a magazine about a horse.
This is what it said:
Real Life Rescue Case:
There is no excuse for ignoring a horse or a pony that needs help. If you suspect that a horse that is being neglected, there are people and groups you can contact for help.
Most of the time, you just report a the abuse and then let the authorities take care of it. You won't have to involved, and the owners/abusers won't know that you reported them.
If you suspect that a horse is in trouble, you should ask an experienced horsey adult to go check out this situatoin. If he or she agrees with you that the horse is in trouble, you can contact these authorities:
The local humane society (like the S.P.C.A.)
The local animal control officer
The police department
The sheriff
The state veterinarian

You should be able to find these people in your local phone book. Make sure you have details about the horse icluding:

Where the horse lives
What the horse looks like and his color
The type of gender of neglect or abuse that he horse is suffering

Here is the story, those were some tips:
Gold Rush is the horse's name. Gold Rush was bought at an auction and brout to CHR in 1999. When she arrived she could barley stand. (They abused sooo badly!)
CHR had to put her in a sling so she wouldn't collaspse. She used the sling for two months.
She had to be fed every hour from 7:00 a.m. until midnight. During her stay at CHR she gained 200 pounds!!! That's AMAZING!
Thourghout her rehabilitation at CHR, Gold Rush was never grumpy or mean. She was always friendly, and now back to full health.

Wasn't that an amazing story? Tell me what you thought of it! In my magazine it shows pictures of how Gold Rush changed.
First it showed a picture of Gold Rush All dirty and her ribs were showing. The next picture shows Gold Rush in the sling. The last picture shows Gold Rush so Beautiful standing there. She looks sooo pretty.
Thanx for reading and say if you like the story or not. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif
Thanx again!!

------------------
Emma
~*My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound*~
*~*You do not own a dog but the dog does own you*~*

sammi
06-14-2001, 10:04 PM
That was a great story and thanks for passing along the information about how to report abuse. Never know someone might read that and help a horse in a abuse situation.

PetsRule
06-19-2001, 12:30 PM
Who else thinks that, that was a good story?

PetsRule
07-11-2001, 10:31 AM
Does anybody else like the story?????? :confused: I really enjoyed the story!!! :D A lot! How about you?

Daisy's Mom
07-11-2001, 02:08 PM
Yeah that was a great story! Thanks for sharing it!

PetsRule
07-11-2001, 06:22 PM
Thanx Daisy's Mom!!! I LOVE that picture of Daisy!! How do you do that???

DogFan77
07-11-2001, 11:55 PM
"K"

Daisy's Mom
07-12-2001, 12:32 AM
LOL oh that isnt my Daisy. Are you kidding? My Daisy is a lot cuter ;) How do I do what? Get a picture there?

PetsRule
07-16-2001, 10:37 AM
I just noticed that, that wasn't Daisy. You are right, Daisy is a lot cuter! And yes I was wondering how you got the picture on there. ??????? :confused: I am really wondering! I may ask Karen and Paul, If you don't tell me.

Karen
07-16-2001, 09:44 PM
To post a picture in a message, or in your signature file, first you need to have a picture on the Internet somewhere.
Then find the address of the image.
Type then the image address, then
all with no spaces - there, you're done.

PetsRule
07-19-2001, 01:27 PM
Thank you Karen!!!! I really needed help! I got it! :D :D :D

PetsRule
07-19-2001, 03:32 PM
The picture didn't work. I will try it again.

Eudora
07-21-2001, 02:06 AM
That was a great story and could you let me have Daisy's picture, Daisy's Mom? Please? I wanna see how cute she is... I always thought that the doggy in the pic was Daisy!!

Daisy's Mom
07-21-2001, 02:44 AM
I will share my beautiful Basset baby's face any time :) Here is one picture of her that I like :)

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/025/8L/KU/Dv/wI76672.jpg

If you want to see more, she has her own phot album at http://community.webshots.com/user/daisyroo2

Enjoy :)