PDA

View Full Version : bird rescue..please help

delidog
09-29-2001, 08:35 PM
one of my friends has found a dove baby...how do we care for it??? i said keep it warm, and give it water and milk in a bottle until i can get back to her..please advise...quickly!!!! the baby is waiting,...thanks..the deli dog ;) :)

Karen
09-29-2001, 10:38 PM
How big is it? I don't know much, I'll do a little research, but keeping it warm and having water for it are both essential. I don't think milk is a good idea, but I'll do a little research and let you know. How do you know it's a dove? Is it feathered yet?

Karen
09-29-2001, 10:41 PM
Please see this page:
http://www.csubak.edu/fact/babybird.html

It says when you should return the bird to the nest, and when not to, and gives good, clear instructions as to how warm, etc. to keep the bird.

zippy-kat
09-30-2001, 02:15 AM
Deli,

Have you tried contacting any wildlife rescues in the area? Also, I will try and get ahold of my aunt who is involved in a bird club--she might have some helpful advice and/or connections....

delidog
09-30-2001, 05:30 AM
we will try to contact groups this morning...it was too late on a sat. for anyone to be open....thanks,i will look into all suggestions....the deli dog :)

delidog
09-30-2001, 05:37 AM
karen that was a great web site...i have not seen the bird personally....my friend called me last night...she found it when she let her dogs in her back yard.....i will see her this a.m....thanks again to all the pet talk friends.....deli dog