PDA

View Full Version : Was worried about Murphy...

catnapper
02-12-2005, 11:19 AM
so I called the vet and got an appointment ASAP.

I just returned from the vet & now I feel silly! The vet was concerned about FIP because his tummy is so BIG and swollen looking. When I was at the vet tuesday for his cold, the vet gave him a deworming pill and said if his tummy didn't get smaller to call and get a recheck. So today we went in, with me being all upset thinking about him going to his new family with a bad illness, about him exposing my monsters... oh the thoughts!

The did the Xrays to see if he has fluid, and she said she's never seen an adult cat with as much food and poop as was in Murphy, let alone a kitten! She showed me the Xray and yup... that little boy was just stuffed with both! I know he poops and uses the litterbox reguarly.

He's just a hungry little eating machine! Which is what I thought it was at first. But now we are sure and I can call them to set up delivery to his new family. He gained another 1/2 pound since Tuesday. Its like he's making up for lost time. In the 3 weeks I've had him, he's gone from 3 pounds to 5! Thats quite the jump in three weeks!

Craftlady
02-12-2005, 11:32 AM
Did vet give you anything to relief the build up?

catmandu
02-12-2005, 11:57 AM
Thatnis Great News that Murphy,is eating,and getting back,to normal,and the Found Cats,are doubling prayers for Murphy,that he can soon,go,to his Furr Ever Home!

catcrazylady
02-12-2005, 12:05 PM
ROFLOL!!!:D :D :D I don't mean to make light but once I read what his problem was I had to laugh! Poor little Murphy has given you quite the scare hasn't he? You have had more things to deal with in three weeks then you've had with all the others!;) :D
The poor little fella is working really hard to make up for lost time and it sounds like he is doing a mighty fine job of it!!:D

I guess you can legitimately tell him...He's full of POOP!!:p

kimlovescats
02-12-2005, 02:02 PM
*snicker, snicker* So what is amounts to is Murphy is a little PIGGY!!!:D

catnapper
02-12-2005, 02:07 PM
YES! Murphy is one BIG piggy! No wonder I've been going through cat food like nothing before!

Now tell me this though... if he's soooo full of poop, then why on earth did he put me through heck on Tuesday when I wanted a fecal sample!? :D

CalliesMom
02-12-2005, 02:10 PM
:D LOL Poor boy...did he finally uh..."relieve" himself?

rg_girlca
02-12-2005, 03:13 PM
Poor little "PIGGY" Murphy. I think someone should schedule your feedings so you don't land up like a blimp.

I'm glad that everything is okay with him and that he will be going to his new forever home soon.:)

kimlovescats
02-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
YES! Murphy is one BIG piggy! No wonder I've been going through cat food like nothing before!

Now tell me this though... if he's soooo full of poop, then why on earth did he put me through heck on Tuesday when I wanted a fecal sample!? :D

I think he is shoving it in faster than he can ummm *process* it ... he might need some kitty lax!;)

Rie Rie
02-12-2005, 03:46 PM
Gives new meaning to being FULL OF IT!!!!

Laura's Babies
02-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Better warn his new parents about how he eats and how bloated he gets and that when he "goes"... well, just have a BIG litter box!!! (Tell them about this whole orderl)

Samantha was so starved when I got her that she gobbled down all the food she could get and it took her from July to October or November before she slowed down on how much she ate and how she gobbeled it down.. Now she eats normal so you may want to warn them, that may last awhile...