PDA

View Full Version : Dear Sweet Lola is FINALLY Letting Me Love Her!!!

QueenScoopalot
02-11-2005, 08:27 PM
She was rescued on Labor Day (Sept. 03) and had a horrible story to go with her rescue. :( One surviving newborn kitten (Lita) and a raging fever due to pyometra the next day. She's blind, seeing only shadows, and it's actually a miracle she survived on the streets with micropthalmia! http://messybeast.com/freak-face.htm
link for those who are curious! Gabriel (catlover4ever's sweetie from me) is also a microp. baby. Lola has been with me for all this time, and shunned attention, though I've tried! :rolleyes: Lately she has been really enjoying being patted, and even held! She has the funniest short, loopy tail! That may be deformed too...bless her little heart. :) I'm lavishing her with all the loving she can stand now! :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/Lolacloseup.jpg
My poor shy Lola :(

catnapper
02-11-2005, 08:36 PM
Awww... I am glad she's coming around. I tried the link and it didn't work.

catcrazylady
02-11-2005, 08:42 PM
I wonder what finally made her turn around? Sometimes I think there is a magic age that they hit and suddenly everything changes.
She is a very beautiful girl and I'm so glad she is letting you love her. How wonderful for her to finally know just how wonderful that feels. I'm surprised she is letting you hold her too. That is a HUGE hurdle to get past in this house!:rolleyes:

What a sweet little girl you have turned out to be Lola. BIG {{{HUGS}}} to you honey. (now that you will let meowmie deliver them!;) )

QueenScoopalot
02-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Catnapper..the link works now! And CCL..it's a BIG step for this shy girly. :) I've been trying for almost a year and a half now, and all of a sudden, she loves it! So every chance I get, I scritch her cheeks, and hold her (but not off the floor yet...too scary for her)!:eek: I sit on the floor, and hold her until she feels secure.:)

Rie Rie
02-11-2005, 08:54 PM
Poor baby, it breaks my heart to see animals abandoned on the street, especially when they are hurt. Wish I could save them all, but can't.

rg_girlca
02-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Oh Jan, this is such great news that Lola is starting to accept your lovings.

Feels good doesn't it Lola.:D

Give her an extra scritch and hug for me please.:)

QueenScoopalot
02-11-2005, 10:20 PM
I'll give that sweet girl extras for you Lorraine! If she doesn't hide again *sigh* :D She really is pitifully shy. :(

Laura's Babies
02-11-2005, 10:30 PM
Well, give that angel a BIG hug from me!! And if she allows that, a gentle kiss on top of the head!! With your expert touch, I am surprised it took her that long..... anyone else would still be trying just to touch her...

WAY TO GO GIRL!!!

jenluckenbach
02-12-2005, 05:05 AM
I know the feelings of warmth when a shy kitty FINALLY accepts my love. :D There is no better feeling. Hurray for Lola.

CalliesMom
02-12-2005, 06:17 AM
Congrats! It takes real time and dedication to get a cat's love...especially a "special" kitty.

catmandu
02-12-2005, 09:04 AM
Lola,looks so much,.like My RB Pouncer,taht Pouncer Angel,is going ,to be her Cat Angel Guardian,and comfort her,and teach,her,how,to love,as Pouncer,was really a Love Cat,and 12 Years later,I Miss Her,more than ever!