PDA

View Full Version : More Onyx pictures! Meet the feral kitties I take care of too. =)

luckies4me
02-11-2005, 06:21 PM
I thought it was due time to introduce the feral/stray cats I take care of, so I took the opportunity last night to snap a couple shots. In the first picture is Onyx's dad. He is a stray, not exactly feral and lets me come up to him and pet him. I haven't tried holding him yet but he loves attention most of the time. It takes him awhile to get used to new people though. But I'm hoping to work with him more, get him into the vets and into a foster home/permanent home. The other black cat is Onyx's twin. I am unsure if it is a male or female, as the kitten is very skittish. I think with this kitten I will trap, neuter, release. I'm saving up to buy a nice dog house igloo type thing they can sleep in at night.

luckies4me
02-11-2005, 06:23 PM
Here is another photo of the dad. He is such a sweetie! :D I'd really like to find him a home. I don't know who could leave such a sweet kitty behind. It saddens me. :(

luckies4me
02-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Maybe Cataholic wants to add another tuxy to the herd. ;)

OK, time for Onyx! I have an appointment scheduled in two weeks to get him neutered. I LOVE this cat and am so happy he has excepted me as his mommy. I really do cherish him already. He's so sweet, playful and loving. Can you tell I am attached already? :D We're still working on adjusting him to being inside, so for the next several weeks most of the photos will be of him outside. I don't know if I want him indoor only (I know it is best) but his brother is out there. Seeing the two play just makes me so happy. I'm thinking of leash training him so I can still take him out and let them have their free time together. Plus, I do not know if I will be able to make him an indoor only cat, having lived all his life outdoors.

luckies4me
02-11-2005, 06:29 PM
I forgot the picture LOL. :rolleyes:

luckies4me
02-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Isn't he a cutie?! :D

luckies4me
02-11-2005, 06:36 PM
This picture is so cute. We were playing together and all of a sudden he stopped, and started grooming me. It was so cute! :D

rg_girlca
02-11-2005, 06:36 PM
AWWWWWWWw yes he is a cutie and his daddy is quite stunning.

Bless you for feeding and taking care of the strays in your area.

luckies4me
02-11-2005, 06:38 PM
I absolutely LOVE this picture!!! It is by far one of my favorites of Onyx.

luckies4me
02-11-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
AWWWWWWWw yes he is a cutie and his daddy is quite stunning.

Bless you for feeding and taking care of the strays in your area.

Thank you. =) I've been taking care of strays and ferals since I was about 8 and I absolutely LOVE it! I'll make sure to take pictures of my giant feral cat population sometime as well. There are about 30 plus cats. It's the best job I've ever had!

luckies4me
02-11-2005, 06:43 PM
These next two are super cute too. They are close ups. You can see how beautiful his eyes are. He was very interested in the camera LOL, and kept pawing at it. :D

luckies4me
02-11-2005, 06:44 PM
Gosh darnet, I keep forgetting to attach the photos. I'll try this again. :p

luckies4me
02-11-2005, 06:46 PM
:D That's it. I'll try to take some more later on tonight. I'm planning on enticing the mom with some wet food today so I can share some photos of her as well. =)

iloverat
02-11-2005, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rg_girlca
[B]he is a cutie and his daddy is quite stunning.

I agree wholeheartedly! It's easy to see how you fell in love with Onyx kitty - he is so pretty. It's not hard to see, either how he came by his good looks as his father is a knockout!!!

luckies4me
02-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by iloverat
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rg_girlca
[B]he is a cutie and his daddy is quite stunning.

I agree wholeheartedly! It's easy to see how you fell in love with Onyx kitty - he is so pretty. It's not hard to see, either how he came by his good looks as his father is a knockout!!!

LOL. I know. Onyx is still dateless for Valentines Day too. :(

luckies4me
02-11-2005, 11:14 PM
Bump.

Rie Rie
02-12-2005, 07:52 AM
Onyx is beautiful black with that silky looking fur and the daddy is georgeous.

Laura's Babies
02-12-2005, 09:43 AM
That Dad is STUNNING and you will find a home for him real quick!! Onyx is a looker too with all that black beauty he has.. WOW!!

catmandu
02-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Sadly,your place,sounds like The Found Cat Hotel Porch,especially,after I started feeding The Pet Valu Preformatrim Turkey,which they all love,and is the equivelent,of Science Diet,or Iams,at a lower Prive.Bless you,for feeding Those Hungry Cats,and keeping them alive!

luckies4me
02-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately I found out today that Onyx is sick. He's been sneezing off and on all day. Please pray that my baby boy is alright. :(

To make him feel better I gave him tuna juice this morning. :D