PDA

View Full Version : My rescue, and question..

summersgem
11-27-2001, 04:44 PM
I adolpted a b/g macaw, and a cockatoo, they were both in the same cage, now get this it was a 2x3 cage. I am in search of a very large used cage, cheap. I live in Indiana, and for anyone that owns a macaw this is not the size they should be in.. She was very stressed, plucked most of her feathers, but been here 3 weeks and has down now, so doing well. email me @ [email protected] Thank you ever so much... :p

zippy-kat
11-27-2001, 09:18 PM
Wow! I love b/g macaws. I've been around two--one was a DOLL and the other, well...he started out nice then took a nip out of my finger! Ouchy! :eek:

What did you name your new feathered friend?

If I come across any sites that have bird cages, I'll be sure to let you know. You might try PetDiscounters.com but by the time you add s/h, it might be $$$.

Oh! And Welcome to Pettalk!! :D

purrley
11-28-2001, 01:03 PM
While Hi There Summersgem and Welcome.
Sounds like you got quite the aviary there. Just love the Macaw's - so beautiful. Got some pics to share with us? Don't have a clue on where you can get a big cage - don't they usually just have a perch. Sometimes the flea markets have stuff like that.

[ November 28, 2001: Message edited by: purrley ]

Karen
01-01-2002, 10:15 AM
Often around here the "Want Ad" - a little newsprint cheap publication that you can find in grocery stores, convenience stores, etc. has that sort of thing for sale second-hand. Do you have anything like that in your area? I'd also check with veterinarians in your area - they probably know people with birds or who used to have birds that could make a recommendation.

Welcome to Pet Talk, by the way, and congratulations on rescuing both birdies and changing their unhappy circumstances!