PDA

View Full Version : Why would I need Wellingtons in California??

Edwina's Secretary
02-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Why didn't anyone warn me to buy good rubber boots before coming here???

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid157/p727326f6bc1ac5bc791a063da00f5c8f/f52a0c73.jpg

tatsxxx11
02-11-2005, 01:48 PM
:D:D:D I don't travel without my "Wellies!"

momoffuzzyfaces
02-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Why didn't anyone warn me to buy good rubber boots before coming here???

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid157/p727326f6bc1ac5bc791a063da00f5c8f/f52a0c73.jpg Because rumor has it that "it never rains in California"? :D

RedHedd
02-11-2005, 01:54 PM
LOL! I thought of you and the E's this morning when I heard the weather report for L.A. You guys down south really are getting hit bad although I hear it's comin' up north sometime this weekend. Of course it is! I was planning on getting the car washed! :rolleyes:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Oh my! I hadn't heard that it was raining there again!

but...but....what happened to all your grass...did it get drowned out by all the rain?

My eyes have now been opened, I always believed like MOFF says "Because rumor has it that "it never rains in California"?" I knew they got a mud slide now and then but geeze, it's been two months of rain now, hasn't it? :eek:

sirrahbed
02-11-2005, 02:09 PM
It Never Rains In Southern California
( Albert Hammond )

Got on board a westbound seven forty-seven
Didn't think before deciding what to do
Ooh, that talk of opportunities, TV breaks and movies
Rang true, sure rang true ...

Seems it never rains in southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California, but girl, don't they warn ya?
It pours, man, it pours

I'm out of work, I'm out of my head
Out of self respect, I'm out of bread
I'm underloved, I'm underfed, I wanna go home
It pours, man, it pours

Will you tell the folks back home I nearly made it?
Had offers but didn't know which one to take
Please don't tell 'em how you found me
Don't tell 'em how you found me
Gimme a break, give me a break

Seems it never rains in southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It pours, man, it pours

This is the sort of thing you remember when you had a wedding back in 1974 :p

NoahsMommy
02-11-2005, 02:26 PM
Yea...I think I need to get some of those. Do they even sell them here?? ;)

Its soooo wet outside...but, I did sleep really well last night and this morning.

Edwina's Secretary
02-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Debbie...I never realized the next line was "it pours, man, it pours." That explains it at least!

Killearn Kitties
02-11-2005, 04:00 PM
Hmm, are you sure about this BBQ people? Will that have dried out by July?

zippy-kat
02-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Good thing you don't have d-o-g-s ... can't imagine all the muddy pawprints! :eek:

Corinna
02-11-2005, 04:29 PM
I knew every one has a pool in California but not right out the slideing door. The E's must be upset no walkes in that.

popcornbird
02-11-2005, 08:45 PM
What are wellingtons? :D~:D~:D

LOL!

Enjoying the rain this year Sara? ;) The rumors 'It never rains in California', and 'Its always warm in California' are lies. Never believe rumors...never, ever, ever. :p

This winter's exceptionally RAINY though. Hasn't been this rainy for a long time. Oh well. We had a sunny break so I'm enjoying the rain again...but I'll probably get tired of it if it continues too long again.

Lillycat
02-11-2005, 10:55 PM
sara...do you even have wellies? or even garden wellies for working in the yard....?........;)

BCBlondie
02-12-2005, 10:14 AM
But didn't you know?? California is ALWAYS hot and sunny, with great beaches and surfer dudes. :p LOL!!
:rolleyes:

~~~~~~~~~~

I knew every one has a pool in California but not right out the slideing door.
And no, not everyone has a pool in Cali, ... unless you're a millionaire or billionaire, then maybe.. :p

Edwina's Secretary
02-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Here's our "pool"! Anyone for a swim?????

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid157/p44cbf130548daf10606f5774eee8fb62/f52a0c68.jpg

And I have gardening clogs but this quicksand-like mud just pulls them off my feet...:rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

lizbud
02-12-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Good thing you don't have d-o-g-s ... can't imagine all the muddy pawprints! :eek:

That's the first thing I thought of too.:D
Wow, is this Southern Cal, or all of California? My son lives in
San Jose. Maybe I should call him to see if his place is floating
yet.:eek:

flamepony12
02-12-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird

rubber boots :D

Oh my gawsh, I thought it was muddy in MY backyard!!

sirrahbed
02-12-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird

I actually had to look it up:rolleyes: I mean, I knew it meant rubber boots but was not sure if it was a *brand* or just a generic word. (Like Buckstove for any wood burning stove - *Buck*stove is a BRAND)

Here is what I found:

Wellington boot

NOUN: 1. A boot extending to the top of the knee in front but cut low in back. 2. Chiefly British A waterproof boot of rubber or sometimes leather reaching to below the knee and worn in wet or muddy conditions.
ETYMOLOGY: After First Duke of Wellington

from this website. (http://www.bartleby.com/61/81/W0088100.html)

Whatever - it sounds like they must be selling well in California where it never rains;)

popcornbird
02-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by BCBlondie

And no, not everyone has a pool in Cali, ... unless you're a millionaire or billionaire, then maybe.. :p

LOL!!! Ditto. :p I laughed when I read that, because almost no one has a pool at home here. Its very rare. Most homes have no pool in their backyards. Its another misconception. ;) He he he.

And Flamepony! Silly! :p I know what wellingtons are. I was just being sarcastic. :D

flamepony12
02-12-2005, 08:57 PM
originally posted by popcornbird
And Flamepony! Silly! :p I know what wellingtons are. I was just being sarcastic. :D

lol.... I kind of figured you knew, I just said it just in case :D rofl

gini
02-12-2005, 11:56 PM
Sara my attempt is for humor here..............

Gosh - it NEVER rained like this until you moved here! What did you do, bring it in from Chicago? The sun was always out - don't bother with a sweater..........wear your shorts.........

Seriously, since I have lived in California this is the third time in many many years that it has rained this hard.........all at once.
This last time was the worst I have ever experienced.

We tend to forget......because we go months without any rain.

I just hope your home was alright.

Suki Wingy
02-13-2005, 04:58 AM
I my LOVE Wellies!!!! They are pink- orange- and red stipped! I Love them then it snows and ESPECIALLY when all that snow melts and you are left with MUD!!!(AHHHH!!!! I will never accept mud. Boy how I love to fell that frozen groung in the wintertime!)