PDA

View Full Version : Prince Charles to wed Camilla Parker Bowles!

moosmom
02-11-2005, 01:19 PM
I was surfing the web and saw something about where Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles are planning to honeymoon . :eek: To say I was shocked is an understatement!!

But after giving it MUCH thought, I guess he's FINALLY doing what he wants to do. Let's face it, this guy has always listened to his mother and abided by her wishes. That's why he married Lady Di, despite the fact that he's been in love with CPB since the 1960's. While I'm not crazy about CPB, I believe people should do whatever makes them happy. I just HOPE that this frumpy looking woman will have a complete makeover once she becomes Mrs. Prince Charles, or whatever her title will be. A new do, and up to date clothes, and a lesson or two in make-up would definitely help her image.

To each his own! :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
02-11-2005, 01:47 PM
Too bad those two didn't get married BEFORE he married Diana, and ruined HER life!!!! :(

lynnestankard
02-11-2005, 01:51 PM
I agree MOFF.

Lynne

caseysmom
02-11-2005, 02:21 PM
It would have been better for Diana but imagine their offspring:eek:

RICHARD
02-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Every time I see that woman I think about that intercepted phone call the Brit media quoted......:D

mruffruff
02-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Why are they bothering? She won't be Queen, won't inherit (will she?), and will agitate the populace. It can't be for moral reasons at this late date.

Mary

caseysmom
02-11-2005, 02:32 PM
He wants her to free up a job opening of mistress.

Rie Rie
02-11-2005, 10:35 PM
Makeover........they both need a makeover, but she is one ugly woman!!!

Karen
02-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Rie Rie
Makeover........they both need a makeover, but she is one ugly woman!!!

Ah, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Lilith Cherry
02-11-2005, 11:04 PM
I am very happy for them both. Diana, despite her much-vaunted public image, was no saint herself and had plenty of extra-marital "amusements" of her own. She was also as thick as a brick whereas Charles is an intelligent and erudite person. Having to marry someone chosen as suitable by one's imperious and not exactly loving parents must be terrible! I wish Charles and Camilla many happy years together. Let us remember that looks are of very little importance in procuring happiness in a marriage!
:) CHEERS TO THE FUTURE DUCHESS OF CORNWALL":)

Corinna
02-11-2005, 11:43 PM
Shes a beauty next to the big eared goof. At least Dianas boys are great looking .

RobiLee
02-12-2005, 07:41 AM
Well, I think its about time. I am happy for them.

I don't usually say things like this because I always try to be nice, but I just don't think its very nice to talk about peoples looks like that. I think its rude and it hurts people's feelings. Not everyone is born with model looks. Yes, this is a sore spot with me as I have been on the receiving end of such comments. So sorry that I'm venting a bit here.

I like Karen's view point...."Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"!

moosmom
02-12-2005, 09:02 AM
Let us remember that looks are of very little importance in procuring happiness in a marriage!

Amen to that! I agree with Lilith Cherry. Marrying someone "chosen" for you when you've been in love with someone else for a long time can be a real bummer. But I'm glad that Camilla has stuck it out. They both deserve happiness and she now has her prince charming.

Sorry if I offended you, Robi. That was not my intention.

RobiLee
02-12-2005, 09:21 AM
Oh Donna, you didn't offend me at all! You just said she needed a makeover. You didn't call anyone ugly! Nothing wrong with that. I guess I was just feeling a bit grouchy this morning. I don't usually blurt out stuff like that.

Robin

sirrahbed
02-12-2005, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Lilith Cherry
I am very happy for them both. Diana, despite her much-vaunted public image, was no saint herself and had plenty of extra-marital "amusements" of her own. She was also as thick as a brick whereas Charles is an intelligent and erudite person. Having to marry someone chosen as suitable by one's imperious and not exactly loving parents must be terrible! I wish Charles and Camilla many happy years together. Let us remember that looks are of very little importance in procuring happiness in a marriage!

I wish I could have figured out a way to express how I felt when I read about the marriage. Lilith Cherry - you put it the way I *wish* I could have. ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
02-12-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Lilith Cherry
Yes, Diana had extra-marital "amusements" but only after she learned her husband was cheating on her.

I still wish he had married Camilla first and let Diana find someone who really loved her.

I'm sure I wish Charles and Camilla all the happiness they deserve.

Denyce
02-12-2005, 02:04 PM
I find Lilith Cherry's comments about Diana make me very sad. :(
Whether or not Diana was as "intelligent" as some feel Charles is she was certainly a very loving and caring woman. She handled her life the best she was able to in such a difficult circumstance. She made mistakes as ALL of us do yet she carried herself with much grace and class. To be thrust into the arms of a man practically old enough to be her father and into the relentless spotlight of the media was horribly difficult for such a young person. She was still practically a child herself. Yet she did her best throughtout her life to make sure her own children and so many other's children felt the love and warmth she was being denied. She was an 18 year old innocent walking into this situation and now the woman that was having an affair with her husband and calling her names behind her back is stepping into her former situation.

I wish Camilla all the good luck in the world. I think she is going to need it. I certainly hope she remembers some of the words she uttered when people start saying nasty things about her.

I personally think the crown should skip Charles and just go directly to William. He seems to have the best parts of both his parents.

Denyce

carole
02-12-2005, 09:08 PM
I also have a great deal of empathy for Dianna, after all she was very young, donot forget that, I feel she was miserable from day one, and lonely, and yes I wish he had married camilla his true love instead of her, because today she probably would still be alive, It was a marriage of convenience only to have a heir to the throne.

Just for the record I don't think Camilla is ugly, she is a little worn looking for her age,and could do with a bit of a make-over I agree, but if any of you have seen pictures of when she was young, she was indeed very pretty IMO, not everyone gets better looking with age, and beside's as people pointed out Charles is no oil painting himself.

I have mixed feeling about their happiness, because from what you read they caused so much unhappiness for young Dianna, imagine being a new bride and faced with that, someone who is not even as young or pretty as yourself, still she could not compete, it would eat away at you, do they really deserve so much happiness together, considering all the facts told.

Also being intelligent does not make you a nice human being, just because she was not the brightest crayon in the box, did not make her a horrible person (Lady Dianna I mean). JMHO

gini
02-13-2005, 12:09 AM
Cnn had a poll - did we approve, disapprove or not care.

The majority that voted said they didn't care whether they married or not.

Why did Camilla rush to get married in the first place? I believe she was married before Charles married Diana. Is that correct? Did the Queen disapprove of her?

I truly felt sorry for Diana from day one. They were so ill-suited to begin with and she was so very young.

When it is all written in the history books - and we are all long gone.........Diana will shine in history not only for her beauty, her style, but for all the good that she accomplished. Can you imagine what kind of Queen she would have become? That whole family could have been turned around because of her.

So many sad stories coming out of the Crown though......recall the horrors that Princess Margaret faced.

However, in the wings are two very handsome young men - one who may one day become King. I sincerely hope that he will carry on the seeds that his Mother planted.

And when it is all said and done - they are human - fragile and make mistakes - just like the rest of us.

Cataholic
02-13-2005, 06:10 AM
Gini,
You put it so perfectly.

Laura's Babies
02-13-2005, 11:09 AM
I think it is great that they are finally doing it after all these years. He should have married her long ago... I'd like to see if it lasts...... love like that, usually does.

GraciesMommy
02-13-2005, 11:24 AM
I always admired Diana...was terribly saddened when she was gone...and think very highly of her. I have read every thing I could find on her and have seen all the movies made about her..any time I answer one of those goofy emails where you have the question who would you like to meet dead or alive for lunch, I always choose her.

But she is gone...and you will always hear the good, bad and the ugly. I, myself, will continue to hold her in the highest esteem. Every one makes mistakes..and altho a princess, she was a human being..

And as far as Charles is concerned and his engagement to CPB...whatever........I have no opinion one way or another.

I hope the 2 young princes' will both find happiness tho and carry on their mother's legacy to have as caring a heart for the underdog

momoffuzzyfaces
02-23-2005, 02:14 PM
I heard on the news this morning that the Queen is not going to attend the wedding! Sure sounds like she approves of the match to me.

carole
02-23-2005, 02:22 PM
Yes I heard that too, apparently she has never attended a civil wedding ever and wants to keep it all low key for them, so rumour would have it.

She is paying for the reception though, so I do think she approves really, I read if you are at Macdonalds on the day , one would get a good view of Camilla and Charles entering the registry office, guess the Big M will do a roaring trade that day.

moosmom
02-23-2005, 02:23 PM
I was watching the news last night too. While she will not be attending the civil ceremony, she WILL be attending the marriage blessing. Go figure!