PDA

View Full Version : Leaky Eye Syndrome.

RICHARD
02-11-2005, 12:06 PM
The last two weeks on Pet Talk have triggered my Leaky Eye Syndrome.

I was working myself up for how I was going to handle the anniversary of my GF's passing and everything that has happened on PT has got my LES acting up in ways I have never imagined. Happy, sad and ?????

People have commented that PT has changed-It has.

It's become more defined, fleshed out...It's taken on a soul of it's own.

It's matured in a really fantastic sense.

And I think it's a good thing. (Sorry Martha Stewart!)

PT has taken on the flavor of every one the site.

And it will still move forward....I mean, what would you do without your Pet Talk???:eek:

-----------------------------------

You all rock!

:)

Cincy'sMom
02-11-2005, 12:14 PM
I tried to vote for all three, but you didn't allow for multiple answers!

You are right, PET Talk rocks...we may have our disagreements and ugly situations, but when it counts, this community pulls together! Pet people rule!!

RICHARD
02-11-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
I tried to vote for all three, but you didn't allow for multiple answers!

I couldn't see-my eyes were leaking!;)

sirrahbed
02-11-2005, 12:18 PM
I have LES too, Richard.....
lost jobs....lost pets.....Tubby's memorial.....Jonza gone.....Catmandu's computer.......amazing pet rescues....pain shared....joys shared.....friends gained.....friends lost.....LES is probably pretty widespread.

Gary (catmandu) wrote not too long ago..."without PetTalk, I would be a lonely old man, sitting on a park nench and talking to cats"

slick
02-11-2005, 12:21 PM
my LES acting up in ways I have never imagined OK, who are you and where is the Richard we all know and love?;) :D

I joined Pet Talk in December 2002 and I honestly don't think a day goes by that I don't have LES. Is there medication for it?:confused: :rolleyes:

You are right in that Pet Talk has become more "real" and some of the threads get to me...right down to the marrow!

I think we can all give ourselves a pat on the back for making Pet Talk what it is and kudos to Karen and Paul for luring us to this awesome addiction.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Yeah, I've got LES too. More some days, less some days, quite a bit this week....

K9soul
02-11-2005, 12:51 PM
I know what you mean, that LES has been pretty prominent lately, but also the feeling of love and togetherness is amazing, enveloping, and absolute.

I decided to vote on the middle one and ended up tying it up at 4, 4, and 4. I thought that was so cool :D

Thank you Pet Talk.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-11-2005, 12:52 PM
You have it so right, Richard!! PT really rocks!! And it has changed, but only to be better and more addictive ;) :) . And lie every other PT-er, I am proud to be one of the family!!

Killearn Kitties
02-11-2005, 12:52 PM
I seem to be a sufferer too. Does anti histamine help?

lbaker
02-11-2005, 12:59 PM
We all know that Pet Talk Rocks, but do Pet Rocks Talk? Or just mumble? Maybe they just hum the words.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-11-2005, 01:14 PM
02/14/2002 A day my life changed forever!
I joined Pet Talk.
Little did I know what I was getting into then.
3 years! Just imagine!
I've come to love this place and the people and, of course, the animals.
I've laughed my tail off with you, celebrated with you, and cried myself sick with you.
When one of you hurt, my heart hurts for you.
I would never have believed it when I joined that day.
In fact, I was new to the Internet and frightened. I half expected to have landed in a mess of ax murderers. ;) (Thanks to media coverage of Internet Dangers).
For once, I'm glad I was wrong. :D

I spend most days alone and in pain and sometimes, it's hard to handle.
I can always come here when things get too hard to deal with.
I can always have a cyber drink at the bar with Mario if nothing else.
You all mean the world to me.
Just want to let you know, because you never know; after all, when God calls your name, you HAVE to answer.

moff sings: THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES:)

slick
02-11-2005, 01:23 PM
do Pet Rocks Talk?
What about Pet's Rock Talk ? Sounds like a cheap cable TV show.

OK folks, on today's show we will discover the world of pebbles and later we'll learn the proper way of skipping stones across the water.

tatsxxx11
02-11-2005, 01:31 PM
We've spoken about the passing of your GF before Richard and you know friend, there wasn't a day over the past few weeks that I didn't think of you and your loss, and the losses endured by all my friends and family and most recently, dear Randi:( And when I thought back on our conversation Richard, I also thought back on your feelings regarding other peoples' responses to your immense loss:( The impact that the love and support of family and friends has upon the healing process is immeasureable and I feel especially blessed to have had the support and caring of many wonderful friends, family really, here on Pet Talk. Words can never express the gratitude I feel for all of your words of sympathy and caring after the passing of my father and brother. God, how hard and unreal it is to write those words; my heart is pounding. If you've ever lost a loved one, you know how much even a few simple words of comfort can help one to heal. Thank you to everyone who took the time to post a note on my thread, send me a card or a little something special to make me smile. I was overwhelmed by the outpouring of support and I cherish you all. As for me, I was born with LES, a life long affliction, one for which there is no cure. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

P.S. Seeing as how I am a card carrying member of the LES club, I received special permission from above to vote for all three;)

Logan
02-11-2005, 01:39 PM
As for me, I was born with LES, a life long affliction, one for which there is no cure. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Now, that's a true statement if I ever read one!!!!! :) And I wouldn't have it any other way, either.

The only regret I have about Pet Talk is that I don't have more time to spend, here, learning more about each of you, remembering everyone's name and what their pets names are. I do cherish you all, though, and I have never been prouder than I was today when I found out about Gary's computer. The amount of love and support shown through this group is astounding, unlike anything I have ever experienced, even in my "real" life.

I love that graphic that says "My friends live in my computer". It's the truth!!

Logan

PS. And yes, I have that same LES problem that all the rest of you have.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-11-2005, 01:39 PM
Richard, I hope you have plenty of hankies handy! (sniff)

K9soul
02-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Just MoFF's and Sandra's replies to this thread have my LES acting up. I too could never have imagined how special this place and all its members would become to me. Let the LES prevail ;)

RICHARD
02-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Richard, I hope you have plenty of hankies handy! (sniff)

DONE!

:)

jenluckenbach
02-11-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
lost jobs....lost pets.....Tubby's memorial.....Jonza gone.....Catmandu's computer.......amazing pet rescues....pain shared....joys shared.....friends gained.....friends lost.....LES is probably pretty widespread.

Gary (catmandu) wrote not too long ago..."without PetTalk, I would be a lonely old man, sitting on a park nench and talking to cats"
WELL>>>>>>>>>>This has brought on my own case of LES!

Corinna
02-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Pass that box this way please. I'm guilty on all accounts too.

NoahsMommy
02-11-2005, 05:33 PM
PT is beyond amazing to me. I tell my friends and family all about the wonderful things PT has done for eachother and they are floored. Each Christmas when my walls are adorned with cards, they are further amazed.

Its a unique relationship we all share. I've met people that I know will be in my life forever and that's not something you do every day...not many people can say that.

I've gone through so much since I first became a PTer in 2001 and you've all been there through it. I'm going through some personal things and the support I've recieved is enough to keep me happy and positive. THAT means the world to me.

Love you guys! :)

P.S. I too, was born with LES. PT aggrivates that condition, but I wouldn't have it any other way. ;)

slick
02-11-2005, 05:36 PM
Hey, my LES is soooo bad that it always crops up driving to and from work when I'm just thinking about Pet Talkers.....:rolleyes:

RICHARD
02-11-2005, 05:44 PM
My co-worker just walked in and asked me what was the matter with my eyes.

Gee, I dunno!;)

catcrazylady
02-11-2005, 06:04 PM

Debbie I couldn't have said it better. Even reading this gave me LES!

dukedogsmom
02-11-2005, 08:46 PM
I wasn't born with it but as I've gotten older, it comes on a lot more. Since I joined this site in October 2001, I've gotten it more, also. I just wish I'd participated more before I got my camera. I know I missed out on a lot of things. I love PT and the people that make it. I honestly don't know what I'd do without it. I have met many special people here and I just wish that I could all see them in person.

QueenScoopalot
02-11-2005, 08:59 PM
Is there a PTers Anonymous set up yet? Hi, my name is Jan, and I'm addicted to PT! :D "PT? Is that anything like PCP"? Or crack? :eek: I wouldn't know about the aformentioned substances, but there's enough great stuff keeping me high here! :D To many more years, and many more tears, and cheers. ;)

K9soul
02-11-2005, 09:31 PM
Pet Talk Rocks is in the lead but only by 1, right behind it is Pet Talk Rocks and pushing a close third is Pet Talk Rocks. Go Pet Talk Rocks! ;) :p :D

rg_girlca
02-11-2005, 09:45 PM

Gary (catmandu) wrote not too long ago..."without PetTalk, I would be a lonely old man, sitting on a park bench and talking to cats"

Debbie, I couldn't have said it better myself.

RobiLee
02-12-2005, 07:50 AM
I voted for Pet Talk Rocks!!;)

Oh my...I'm getting LES just reading this thread.

I absolutely love the place!

davidpizzica
02-12-2005, 09:38 AM
LES? I think I was born with it! Everything that happens on PT aggravates it. Pt is now interwoven with my life. The outpouring of support when I had my knee replaced was fantastic (LES), the passing of Jonza (LES), I could go on and on. If it wasn't for PT, I wouldn't have met Donna! PET TALK ROCKS!!!!

Aspen and Misty
02-12-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
My co-worker just walked in and asked me what was the matter with my eyes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/bursi/smilies/075.gif

Ashley