PDA

View Full Version : Stray Kitty

ratchet22
02-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Ugh, I was just brought a kitty that is pretty freindly. She appears to be a runt. I immediatly gave her food and water. Then noticed that she would scream everytime she would eat a bite. So off to the vet I took her, he just called and said he thinks she has a hard mass in her abdomen, he said he has to sedate her to get to her mouth and do an x-ray to see what the mass is.

I am so worried, I didnt even have her here for 5 minutes, and Im already worried as heck, Kitties are like instant love with me.

Pray that everything will be fine!

Thanks for listening I had to vent. :(

QueenScoopalot
02-11-2005, 11:15 AM
Sending prayers that she'll be alright, and that the vet will figure out whats wrong without having to open her up. :( I rescued a sweet abandoned cat some years back that was so hungry she ate an entire shrink wrapped hot dog package as it smelled of meat. :( It came up violently in several large chunks, but luckily didn't shred "Paisley's" insides. Keep us posted.

catcrazylady
02-11-2005, 11:25 AM
OMG!! Poor little one.:( I will be saying prayers that she is alright and you hear some good news soon.
Thank you for being so caring and getting her such immediate help. That was a lot to take on for a kitty you only had for five minutes.
Keep us posted about the little sweety.

kimlovescats
02-11-2005, 11:46 AM
OH MY GOSH ... thank you for getting this baby to the vet! Praying it's nothing horrible!!!:(

sirrahbed
02-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Poor little girl! Thank you for taking her on....hope the mass is just some junk she ate and it can be removed with no damage:(

Laura's Babies
02-11-2005, 12:29 PM
Gee whiz, they just happen to have brough you one with a problem? How considerate!!

Glad they did and you are having her tended to.. Hope she will be alright.. Poor doll! Keep us posted PLEASE!!!

ratchet22
02-11-2005, 03:03 PM
Well he called and thank goodness the hard mass may be nothing, he thinks it may have been the ffod I gave her, which she devoured because she was starving. But the soarness in her mouth was because she has ulcers and reseading gum lines. He gave her a boost of cortizone and antibiotics, and he wants to see her again. He is hopeing it is because of malnutrition, and it will go away. If not the next step may be pulling all of her teeth :(

Laura's Babies
02-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Lets hope that clears up so she can keep her teeth.. Can you put her on soft food for awhile?

I am SOoooo glad that hard mass was FOOD and nothing more is needed for that.

QueenScoopalot
02-11-2005, 04:24 PM
Glad she's OK. Poor baby. Maybe she should be tested for bartonella, as this causes red gums as well, and is a far easier treatment than pulling all her teeth. :(

catcrazylady
02-11-2005, 04:40 PM
Bless her heart!:( I'm glad she is going to be ok but it would be awful if she had to lose her teeth.
How old do you think she is? You mentioned that she might be a runt, does that mean she is still a kitten?

catmandu
02-11-2005, 05:32 PM
We do hope,that that Little Stary,will be All Right,and a Pox,on those people,who let her loose,to become that ill.Where is our sense,of responsibility,towards Our Pet Companions! More,of certain people,treasuring Mans Creations,over Gods Craetures!

ratchet22
02-16-2005, 02:17 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/ratchet22/DSC01103.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/ratchet22/DSC01106.jpg

Well her teeth are doing great, she is no longer in pain, AND she has been adopted as of today! I am very happy witht his outcome!

QueenScoopalot
02-16-2005, 03:05 PM
AWW!!! I love happy endings! She's sure a pretty little girl. :)

NKBurlington
02-16-2005, 03:14 PM
Aww! Great news. She is very pretty.