PDA

View Full Version : anyone have tips for taking pictures of kitties?

aprilynn
02-10-2005, 10:47 PM
Everytime I try to take a picture of my Ellie and her beautiful golden eyes, she a) closes them b) squints or c) they dont show up and they turn out all funky.

Then I try to take a pic of macy - her eyes come out RED because she has skyblue eyes.. so i turn on redeye and they come out WHITE or she closes them.

Please share your tips on taking beautiful kitty pictures!

wolf_Q
02-10-2005, 10:54 PM
I don't have a cat ;) but I do have a dog with blue eyes. They are definitely hard to photograph, his always turn out red. I find if the lighting is really good (either outside or I position a lamp near him plus the regular lights) his eyes come out looking natural instead of red. Plus turning off the flash will help but if the lighting is bad it will be hard to get your pictures focused and not blurry. When I take closeups of Nebo's eyes I turn it on closeup mode which by default turns off the flash.

tomkatzid
02-11-2005, 04:19 AM
I second that "turn off the flash". Not only does it make them red, it turns Ashlee's green. Beautiful green, but it looks funny. Flash is not good for them or us, up close. If you have photoshop you can get an action to install to 'clear the red eye'. Let me know if you need it, I can e mail it to you.
Katz

christa
02-11-2005, 06:46 AM
The best tip I can give you:

Get a digital camera!

Seriously . . . If I take about 20 pics of the kitties, I'll delete more than half of them! It's great to be able to see the pics as soon as you take them and then delete if they move at the last second (they always do) or close their eyes.

:)

aprilynn
02-11-2005, 07:30 AM
I do have photoshop - I didnt know there were "addons" for redeye - Please pass it along...
my email is [email protected]

I do have a digital camera...

Thank you very much!

catmandu
02-11-2005, 08:30 AM
Try,not to be nervous,as the Cats,will sense this,and run. andwait until aquiet time,where they are not running about!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-11-2005, 09:15 AM
I agree with the "turn off the flash." Natural light is the best because it not only stops the "red eye" but it allows kitty's natural fur color to come through also.

tomkatzid
02-11-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by aprilynn
I do have photoshop - I didnt know there were "addons" for redeye - Please pass it along...
my email is [email protected]

I do have a digital camera...

Thank you very much!
OK, just e mailed you directions in Word for installing actions and 2 zipped files of the 2 actions for red eye removal.
Katz