PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Season

Ben E Gas
03-27-2001, 12:37 PM
It's almost turtle season up here in New England. Watch for them on the road. If you see one, help him to the other side. I've saved plenty, last spring. But I also saw some deaths too. so sad.

Genia
03-27-2001, 06:57 PM
I always stop and try to move the poor creatures from the road. Thanks for posting the reminder!

Karen
03-27-2001, 10:57 PM
As Ben says, move the turtle to the side of the road he is already heading for, otherwise he or she will just have to head across the street again! Turtles have probably been going in that direction in that place for generations and generations - it's not their fault we stuck a road right through their turtle highway!

thelmalu99
03-28-2001, 04:27 PM
Thanks for posting that reminder, Ben.
As you know, I have a turtle at home as well, so they're close to my heart. They're such beautiful and gentle creatures. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

Ben E Gas
03-30-2001, 10:49 AM
Karen, you're right. I live near a marsh and the road splits right through it. what a shame. the turtles have no idea that there are cars driving by now, and the road is nice and toasty warm. they're willing to take the chance, to get from their hibernation chambers to their breeding grounds.

Karen
03-30-2001, 06:15 PM
Ben, what kind of turtles do you see?