PDA

View Full Version : Finches

zippy-kat
11-08-2001, 07:39 PM
I'm thinking about getting a pair of Finches. Anyone have a "Finch Finder"--I'd like to 'rescue' or adopt rather than buy from a petstore. Any links?

Thanks in advance!

AdoreMyDogs
11-08-2001, 08:41 PM
I don't have any links, but if you put your name out to petstores that have healthy finches, sometimes you can get a rescue through them. I got a beautiful male zebra finch whos' cage mates bit off his leg. He could get around just fine with one leg, but he was not saleable. I bought him a wife but only because he needed one.

Good luck with rescue, I don't have any advice on websites, but if you do a search on your browser, you may have luck with rescues in your area.

Zebra finches have incredible songs. Lady Goulion (sp?) finches do also. Just FYI in case you didn't know.

zippy-kat
11-08-2001, 10:14 PM
Thanks Leslie...

I tried a search through Yahoo. No luck.

I've always loved finches for their soft songs. Do you have pics of your finches? I'd love to see them!

gini
11-16-2001, 10:45 AM
Hi Tonya, I sent you a link directly to your email from BJB Aviary. They are breeders, but also have rescues available.

I found it under Google.com search engine.

Hope it helps. Gini

zippy-kat
11-16-2001, 03:47 PM
Thanks so so so so much...I'm checkin' pettalk and then goin' to nose around their site!