PDA

View Full Version : Paxil is booked for surgery...

Glacier
02-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Paxil had her blood work redone yesterday. The results were in this morning. Although not completely normal again, my vet assures me it is normal for a dog in her condition and recovering from pancreatitis. Her pancreatic enzymes are still slightly elevated. Her liver and kidney levels have returned to normal levels. So it is safe to put her under and get that tumor out of her leg and a good sign that the cancer hasn't spread to those organs.

She is scheduled for surgery on February 15. I will be on holidays for the rest of February so I can stay home with her while she recovers. Samples of the tissue will be sent out that afternoon and I should have staging/testing results within a week.

Paxil seems to be in good spirits right now. She's not gaining any weight, but she is keeping food down and wants to eat. She's happy, playful and talkative again. She's lovin' being a house dog. Sleeping by the woodstove is apparently alot of fun! Please keep your paws crossed that she will have much more time to enjoy her retirement!

tatsxxx11
02-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Lots and lots of postive thoughts and love coming your way, Paxil:) What an encouraging update. I'm thrilled to hear that Paxil is stable enough to tolerate the surgery. That nasty growth needs to go! All paws and fingers crossed for a successful surgery! We'll be thinking of you all on the 15th and until then, you snuggle up by that warm and cozy woodstove with your Mom Paxil, get in some R&R and regain your strength for the big day. Please keep us updated, Glacier and give Paxil a hug for me!:) Sandra

dukedogsmom
02-10-2005, 03:42 PM
I hope she does ok. I would be so nervous about her having surgery. You going to let her be a house dog forever now? I think I would have to. Good luck to Paxil. We'll all keep our paws crossed for her.

Glacier
02-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I You going to let her be a house dog forever now? I think I would have to.

She can be a house dog if she wants to be. She eats different food than the others now she gets fed indoors for sure.

She always could have been inside, but before she got sick, she prefered to be outside more. She used to come in, get a treat, harass the cats a bit and then she would want back outside. Now she comes in, woos til I feed her, harasses the cats a bit and then lays on her new bed...goes out, pees, maybe plays a bit, comes back on to her bed. She loves that bed. When I get paid I might have to go get a couple more. Paxil won't share hers with the other dogs and gets right ticked if they try to lay on it.

Corinna
02-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Mixed blessings in your post. Prayers and hugs to you and Paxil both. Glad it can be operated on but sorry it has to be. She is such a sweet heart. lots of head pats to her.

lizbud
02-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Sleeping be the wood stove sounds pretty good to me with
all this cold weather.:D Bless her heart, I'm glad Paxil is keeping
her food down & acting better now. I'll be praying that all goes
well with the tests coming up & she does great during the
surgery. All paws crossed here for Paxil.:)

fritz03
02-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Best wishes from Fritz and Fritz03(Barry) to Paxil.hope she comes out of surgery with flying colors and will be her cheerful self again.

cyber-sibes
02-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Got our paws crossed, and we'll send prayers and healing light Paxil's way. Hugs to you both!

wolf_Q
02-10-2005, 10:32 PM
I hope everything goes well with Paxil's surgery!

cocker_luva
02-10-2005, 10:40 PM
good luck paxil ol' girl!

RobiLee
02-11-2005, 07:34 AM
Lots of positive thoughts for Paxil.

ramanth
02-11-2005, 08:41 AM
Lots of love sent to Paxil! :)

Queen of Poop
02-11-2005, 08:55 AM
Sasha and I have all paws and toes crossed for a good outcome of the surgery. I've prayed and asked Sami to keep an eye on things during the surgery. Take care of yourself and Paxil.

anna_66
02-11-2005, 09:30 AM
Sending many good vibes to you and Paxil that all goes well with the surgery on the 15th. You will be in our thoughs.

pitc9
02-11-2005, 09:33 AM
Paws Crossed!!! We will be thinking about you both on the 15th!

K9soul
02-11-2005, 12:54 PM
Fingers and paws crossed, and Paxil will be in our thoughts and prayers. What a strong girl she is. Of course it helps to have such a loving and attentive Mom and Dad :)

Sudilar
02-12-2005, 09:31 AM
My deepest prayers are with Paxil and Sara (also having surgery) in their upcoming fight for health. Prayers for their families, too. I can imagine the fear and worry you are all going through. Hugs and big time prayers.

ChrisH
02-12-2005, 02:28 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for Paxil's surgery to go well.

Dixieland Dancer
02-12-2005, 03:17 PM
All fingers and paws are crossed here too for a successful surgery for Paxil. We will keep the prayer line open extra just for Paxil on the 15th. It's nice you can be home while she recuperates.

Marie410
02-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Keeping Paxil in my prayers. {{{{hugs}}}}