PDA

View Full Version : Bailey's Ashes are Here...A Vent

Sevens
02-10-2005, 02:35 PM
I'm sorry to vent, but I have to get this out of my system. The vet's office called to say Bailey's ashes are ready to be picked up. I knew that when the ashes were ready, I would have to "settle up" on the bill from the final day.

I asked the girl how much it was going to be. After putting me on hold, she came back on and said $770. I asked her for a breakdown of the cost.

She told me that $220 was for the cremation, which was done by an outside company, so nothing could be done about that cost. The other $550 was for the final day. She told me that Dr. Kuhn said that she was not going to charge any sort of surgery fee for that day. She said the money was only to cover IV antibiotics, painkillers, steroids, IV fluids, and anesthesia that they used on Bailey.

When she was in surgery, Dr. Kuhn and 4 other doctors, plus all the vet techs were working on her. Nobody is getting paid for the work they did.

I love this practice and I love Dr. Kuhn in particular. I am mad because when I told Brian, his only comment was "Well $770 is still a lot of money."

Can't he see how much Dr. Kuhn loved Bailey? How many doctors do you know cancel their fee for surgery when a pet or a human dies on the surgery table? Not too d**n many, I can tell you...I work for a hospital. I'm just really annoyed with him right now....:mad:

Hugs,
Stephanie

Kfamr
02-10-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm sorry Brian is acting like that. :(

Your vet sounds wonderful, and you're right, not many would work for "free".

{{HUGS}}

caseysmom
02-10-2005, 03:04 PM
Money issues are the hardest thing in marriage...just ignore his comment...it is a lot of money but you have no choice. The 225 sounds kind of high for cremation....when I was debating what to do with my rb gigi I was told cremation was 75.00, of course that was for a cat.

luvofallhorses
02-10-2005, 03:09 PM
I am so sorry :( :( {{{hugs}}}

cocker_luva
02-10-2005, 03:20 PM
im soo sorry

Dixieland Dancer
02-10-2005, 03:26 PM
Just understand that sometimes in marriage the other says something that is unsensitive but if they knew how much it hurt you, they wouldn't say it. Your husbands comment was probably looking at this information from a totally financial standpoint where you were looking at it from the emotional side. Men in particular are not as emotional as woman are so they can really be annoying sometimes to us sensitive types.

When my husband does that to me, I usually wait until I cool down a bit and then sit down and tell him how my feelings were hurt. I try not to do it in a way of accusation. It's more like "John, my feelings were hurt by the comment made about ..... vs. "John, you hurt my feelings". I don't want to make the situation worse by pointing a finger at him an saying YOU did this. Instead I try to keep it on the "I'm feeling this" or "I'm hurt because of...". This way he is more receptive to hear what a jerk he was! He usually tries to make up for it too! ;)

lizbud
02-10-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Dixieland Dancer
Just understand that sometimes in marriage the other says something that is unsensitive but if they knew how much it hurt you, they wouldn't say it. Your husbands comment was probably looking at this information from a totally financial standpoint where you were looking at it from the emotional side. Men in particular are not as emotional as woman are so they can really be annoying sometimes to us sensitive types.

;)

I agree with Dixieland Dancer about this and also agree with
how to respond. It is very hard to hear anything too critical
sounding when your emotions are still raw with grieving for Bailey.
I'm pretty sure if he knew how much it hurt your feelings, he would apologize. :)

RobiLee
02-11-2005, 07:42 AM
I agree with Dixieland Dancer.

Please try not to be too mad at him. I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Sometimes people just say the wrong thing and don't realize that it hurts others. I'm sure he is just upset about what has happened it was just a grumbling remark

I hope you are doing well and coping the best that you can. Such a difficult time.

Big hugs for you.....Robin

ramanth
02-11-2005, 08:37 AM
*HUGS*

KYS
02-11-2005, 08:40 AM
((HUGS)))