PDA

View Full Version : Ut oh! We need a new food dish!

Cookiebaker
02-09-2005, 09:52 PM
Just before leaving the house, I put some wet food in Marigold's dish, and left her happily eating. We just got home to smashed glass throughout the whole kitchen. :eek: Somehow she must have knocked it down.

I checked all her pawsies and her mouth, and not bleeding, nor appearance of shards of glass. I will definitely be keeping a very close eye on her.

No more "cute" glass bowls!! Must find something unbreakable!!! :p

kimlovescats
02-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Oops, I didn't mean to meowmmy!:eek: ;) Stainless steel is great!;)

CalliesMom
02-09-2005, 10:14 PM
Yes, stainless steel is wonderful. The cats eat out of d-a-w-g bowls but they don't know that...shhhh....

Vette
02-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Or plastic ones. although they dont look quite the same. ;)

Laura's Babies
02-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Live and learn!! I have a galss bowl for Chester and I feed him on the counter... THAT bowl will be replaced TOMORROW! Thank you for posting that so those of us who do that will know NO GLASS BOWLS on the counter!!

catmandu
02-10-2005, 08:57 AM
And Stainless Steel,is a lot easier,to keep clean,and is easier to remove old food,from.

christa
02-10-2005, 09:01 AM
I prefer glass or stainless steel . . . we feed on the floor though, so the glass doesn't worry me too much.

I think plastic holds in bacteria, so they're harder to keep clean. We do have 1 plastic water bowl in our house, but I put it through the dishwasher every time I run it.

:)

Glad there were no injuries!

RICHARD
02-10-2005, 10:45 AM
3 A.M.

TING, TING TING.......

3:01 A.M.

TING, TING TING.......

3:02 A.M.

TING, TING TING, TINKLE, TINKLE.......

3:03 A.M.

TING, TING TING, TINKLE, TINKLE.......

Translation?

Ting- Ed arranging the food in his STAINLESS STEEL DISH.

Tinkle- The sound of the bells on Ed's collar as the sticks his mug
into his STAINLESS STEEL DISH and they hit the edge.....

;) :D :eek:

Catsnclay
02-10-2005, 12:30 PM
I have found the *PERFECT* thing to keep glass and decorative vases etc. in place while also raising kittens: Weather Stripping.

Don't laugh, its true. Go to your local hardware store and buy a roll of the pliable (almost like a clay-like substance). All it takes is a tiny little ball of the weather stripping under your glass piece, and it will not budge. It will take a little muscle when you do need to remove it, but it will not leave any marks!

When Yoshi was a baby he knocked everything off the counters! :mad: I lost or repaired quite a few things until someone told me about this. Then all my porcelain pieces in the bathroom were "tacked" down, as well as everything on my kitchen counters, ever since then, no more accidents!

It really works!!!!

RICHARD
02-10-2005, 12:36 PM
This stuff is good too!

It doesn't mark up your walls, furniture.....

http://www.sunsetent.com/Categories/quakesecure.html

Don Juan's mom
02-10-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
This stuff is good too!

It doesn't mark up your walls, furniture.....

http://www.sunsetent.com/Categories/quakesecure.html

I've used Quake Wax myself, purchased from the gift shop at the San Jose Museum of Art. :eek:

Don Juan eats out of glazed stoneware bowls. Breakable (at least in theory), but less likely to shatter or make sharp pieces. And yes, I do get the clink, clink, clink of his St. Francis medal on the edge at 3 am. :D

Liz