PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #93-

RICHARD
02-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Today, Thursdays will open but there will be No DOTD or theme.

We have lost one of our own and I feel the thread would be best served as a quiet place to remember and reflect.

Thanks.

Pull up a seat and remember.

K9soul
02-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Amen. John and Randi and family are much in my thoughts and prayers today. I will light a candle in memory and tribute. :(

lbaker
02-09-2005, 11:56 AM
That "soppy old human" did bring a smile to this hardened heart (thanks for finding that old posting Phred.. ) Nice thought Richard, let's just sit and hold each other for awhile and reflect on better days and miles of smiles.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-09-2005, 11:57 AM
To help us remember....

Here are just a few of the many wonderful, entertaining posts from John. In these he is writing about his beloved Fister, who was a stray and who John was determined to win over and bring in the house. John and Randi succeeded in luring him into the house, but from then on it was Fister who ruled the roost, much to John's delightful dismay.

Fister’s Journey – The House of Cages (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20296)

Fister’s Journey – the noble art of scratching (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21375)

Fister’s Journey – More news from the frontline (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21710)

Fister’s Journey – Picking up bad habits (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26811)

Fister’s Journey – Cat Speak & Cat Think (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29333)

Fister’s Journey – A CHEEKY MONKEY! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29512)

We all never failed to delight in the "Fister Tales" and couldn't wait for him to post another. However, these are only a few of his earlier threads. He has many many more posts to his credit, and I know there are quite a few of you who enjoyed bantering with him in the Dog House.

slick
02-09-2005, 12:16 PM
On the way in to work this morning I told myself that I wasn't going to the bar this week, but how can I stay away. We all need support right now so I'll take a seat in the back and just ponder. I've got lots of hugs to give away if anybody needs one.

dukedogsmom
02-09-2005, 12:24 PM
Didn't he do the cruise on the ship, too? That one made me laugh a lot. I also admired him for his opinions and the way he stated them here in the Dog House.

Cinder & Smoke
02-09-2005, 12:35 PM
WHUT to do...?? :confused:

Maybe a *Toast*???

Well... OK...

But maybe a {{{HUG}}} would be more appropriate...
More Jonza-like...

Yeah...
... a *BIGG*, (warm) Pet Talk {{{HUG}}} for John!

And hey, <squeeze> over just a tad...
<make room> for Randi ~
she could use a *BIG* PT {{{HUG}}} right about now! ;)

RICHARD
02-09-2005, 12:43 PM
I think that we could have a toast.

A DOTD seemed to be a little too improper.....

I somehow feel he wouldn't mind us hoisting a glass in his honor.

Sooooo.....

To Jonza, a creative force here on Pet Talk.

DONE!

:)

Corinna
02-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Remebering is the best way to fill the hole in our hearts. Thanks for the chance Richard.

K9soul
02-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Last night my husband was over an hour late from work. He generally works until 10 p.m., and is about a 5-10 minute drive away depending on traffic. As 10:30 and then 11 p.m. passed, my anxious mind began thinking the worst and I became more fearful. I tried calling him at work but he can't answer the phone if he's working because he's on the phone with customers all the time. By the time 11:30 came my fear factor was so high that something horrible had happened. But he finally drove in. He had had extreme difficulties with work and had not been able to get away to call me, but he was okay, except for being very upset with his work problems.

The night before, I had a vivid dream of losing my mother. Maybe that's partly why I got so extremely fearful and anxious last night when he was so late. Then last night I dreamed over and over of deaths and losses in my family.

I got up feeling so drained and down this morning. While I was posting to a few other threads, I saw the announcement come up.. I had a flood of tears before I could even bear to open it.

I don't know what to think. I feel confused, afraid, sad. My greatest fear last night is Randi's reality now. I just feel stunned.

I hope sharing these things are not inappropriate here, it's just that this hit me so powerfully, it's so hard to find the "right" words to say.

Thank you for posting the threads. I have mostly seen Jonza's threads in the Dog House, which I enjoyed, and I wish to see these warmer tales, to share more in his memory.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-09-2005, 01:14 PM
My tummy feels sick, my head hurts and so does my heart! :(

If someone had told me before I got the Internet, I would come to love people I met in a magic place called Pet Talk, I would never have believed them. Now I would!

Be at peace Jonza. If you visit the RB, I have lots of critters there who would love to meet you!

Cataholic
02-09-2005, 01:15 PM
Just sitting here quietly, reflecting....

zippy-kat
02-09-2005, 01:20 PM
To one of the most brilliant minds on pet talk and elsewhere...

PJ's Mom
02-09-2005, 01:25 PM
I didn't know John at all, but I loved reading his stories about Fister.

His sense of humor will be missed. :(

Edwina's Secretary
02-09-2005, 01:32 PM
I had the wonderful opportunity to spend a few days in the company of John and Randi. So when I read his stories I hear his very proper English accent....his chuckle....

I know he would expect us to toast him. Beer would be good....but please...not Carlsberg or any of the big, bully brands. He liked the little guys...He was as political about his beer as anything else. So something local...something made from the heart...like John was.

Here's to you, John...

catland
02-09-2005, 02:08 PM
to John.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-09-2005, 02:48 PM
Thanks Sara, I was thinking a proper DOTD would be whatever John's favorite was - so beer it is. If he liked the little guys, he would have loved Naked Beer from a small town in Wisconsin. Some of the best beer I've ever had.

Here's to you John. :(

slick
02-09-2005, 03:04 PM
To John. Funny, but I always have something to say....but not this time. Debbie, can I please sit down beside you? Where are Laurie and Gini? Sure hope they are holding up.

Lucky you Sara. Thanks for giving us a glimpse into this special man.

RICHARD
02-09-2005, 03:14 PM
One thing I noticed about Jonza's post count....

I don't think anyone on Pet Talk ever got as much mileage with so few posts...

Economical - but filled with thoughts.

To John.

wolflady
02-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
One thing I noticed about Jonza's post count....

I don't think anyone on Pet Talk ever got as much mileage with so few posts...

Economical - but filled with thoughts.

To John.

You're right Richard. He definitely had a way with words...
:(

To John. :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-09-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by slick
To John. Funny, but I always have something to say....but not this time. Debbie, can I please sit down beside you?

<skooches over> No problem, Slick, sit right down. I've put another log on the fire. Fires are so great for this kind of stuff, you can just stare into the fire and remember and get lost in your thoughts.....

ramanth
02-09-2005, 03:33 PM
I've never posted in a Thursday thread before, but wanted to toast to John.

What a guy.

jenluckenbach
02-09-2005, 03:36 PM
I have never been to the bar, and drinking a toast is not someting I normally do, but I needed a place to shed a few tears. HUGS to Randi, HUGS to all pet talk loved ones, And CHEERS to John............and a wonderful life remembered.

K9soul
02-09-2005, 03:39 PM
I shed tears every time I visit here off and on, but your beautiful, kind and warm comments are so very touching.

To John.

davidpizzica
02-09-2005, 03:46 PM
Slick, is there room for a teary-eyed guy from Pittsburgh to sit down? I'm still speechless.

slick
02-09-2005, 03:50 PM
That's the thing about Thursdays. Everyone is welcome however often they want to join in.

Welcome Kim and Jen. This is the right place to come to when you need support. **stands up** Here, sit down by Debbie and the nice warm fire. Kleenex is on the table if you need it. You don't have to drink to come to the bar. This is the place "where everybody knows your name". There are no "attitudes" here and we don't judge people.

David, there's room on the couch for you, hon.

I'm going to put on some coffee and make some bailey's in case anyone wants it.

RICHARD
02-09-2005, 04:05 PM
Thursday started out as an idea and a wacky place where everyone could come in and be silly, without a care in the world.

To think we could keep the "cold" from the real world out of the place is a just a dream.

The outside world has a habit of seeping in at times and it's good to know there is a place where we can warm our bones.

In our fireplace burns a cyberfire - but the warmth is generated by everyone who has ever posted on a Thursday thread.

One or one hundred times.

There are quite a few of you that peer into the windows at times.
I hope that you all take a minute to stop in from now on.

Time is very short - There is only one Thursday a week.

You have to make the most of them!

slick
02-09-2005, 04:09 PM
There is only one Thursday a week.
Ahhh, but sometimes that Thursday can last 3 or 4 days. ;)

Well said Richard.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-09-2005, 04:17 PM
Jen and Kimmy! Great to see you both, although it's too bad it's under such sad circumstances. I'm glad you stopped in for some hugs and to share your grief with friends. As others mentioned, this is not just a place for drinking, but for laughing with our friends when they're happy and have good news (yeah Kimmy on your job!), crying with our friends when they are sad, and just for being there for each other when we might need a shoulder to lean on or cry on.

Both of you come sit on the couch by me. We'll make room for everyone who just wants to be close at this time. We may need a bigger couch, but in cyberspace, that's not a problem.

Amazing how the bar is a cyber bar, the drinks are cyber drinks, the fire is a cyber fire and even the couch is a cyber couch, but the friendships and feelings are as real as it gets. :(

K9soul
02-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Amazing how the bar is a cyber bar, the drinks are cyber drinks, the fire is a cyber fire and even the couch is a cyber couch, but the friendships and feelings are as real as it gets. :(

Beautifully put.

I generally only peek in from time to time.. but I often get a smile and feel so warm and welcome. I hope everyone has a relaxing evening.

catcrazylady
02-09-2005, 04:40 PM
I swore I was going to stay out of the DG but I have always loved peeking in on the Thursday get togethers.
Tonight my heart feels so heavy and I would really like to sit on that cyber couch, staring into that warm cyber fire, surrounded by real friends and wonderful people.

I've been fretting over my husband losing his job and after today it seems such a small thing. I gave him a hug and told him how lucky we really are. A job can be replaced but people can't.

If you all don't mind I would like to join in and share the warmth of the fire and friends while they remember a wonderful member of PT.

jenluckenbach
02-09-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
I
I've been fretting over my husband losing his job and after today it seems such a small thing. I gave him a hug and told him how lucky we really are. A job can be replaced but people can't.

me too, Lisa. But what a tiny problem it is when the alternative problems could be SO much worse. I hugged Charlie a few extra times when he got home tonight.

RedHedd
02-09-2005, 04:47 PM
Amazing how the bar is a cyber bar, the drinks are cyber drinks, the fire is a cyber fire and even the couch is a cyber couch, but the friendships and feelings are as real as it gets. :( I'll drink to that .... a cyber drink in memory of Jonza.

Killearn Kitties
02-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Yup, he was indeed a "creative force" here on Pet Talk and will be hugely missed. Can I squeeze on that settee by the fire please? I've brought my own Kleenex.

Shall I put on my blues CD that Randi and John sent me? It seems appropriate.

Corinna
02-09-2005, 04:57 PM
I'm here not great with words always but I give great neck and shoulder rubs .
Welcome to you new arrivals to Dicks place to day I think it should be called Johns.

Samantha Puppy
02-09-2005, 05:02 PM
Hope you guys don't mind me wading in here either... I've never posted in a Thursday thread before.

Randi, I know life won't ever be quite the same again but I hope you know that you can come find solace from the hurt amongst your friends here.

I didn't know John like some of you did, but I do know that he was a well-respected, well-liked member of Pet Talk and that he will be very missed. As others have said, I hope he did not suffer. Godspeed, jonza.

To John.

gini
02-09-2005, 05:11 PM
A warm welcome to all of the newcomers that have dropped by Thursdays. Now, maybe you can all understand why it even exists. We have fun here - we care a great deal - we give comfort if needed - or poke fun at you if you are getting too serious. As Corinna says, a good neck and back rub if you are too stressed.

Most of all this is a place to just STOP.

Stop what you are doing - give life a rest for a while - have a cyber drink of your choice and relax.

Randi, I have found an excellent bottle of Rombauer Zinfandel - 2003 - smooth - soothing - you are going to love it. Sit down, oh, I know, the couch looks crowded, but there is always room on it for a few more.

Let's share this bottle and toast Jonza..........................with great memories and affection.

slick
02-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Amazing how the bar is a cyber bar, the drinks are cyber drinks, the fire is a cyber fire and even the couch is a cyber couch, but the friendships and feelings are as real as it gets.
Debbie.....you have such a way with words and that's so true. That's why I never talk to anyone about Pet Talk. They just wouldn't understand how much we care about one another, without even meeting.

or poke fun at you if you are getting too serious
That's what life is all about. Laughter is contagious and there's nothing better than laughing at yourself and having others laugh along with you. Life just gets way to serious sometimes.

Shall I put on my blues CD that Randi and John sent me? It seems appropriate.
Good idea Karen, but let's not get to morbid. I'm sure John wouldn't like that at all.

Pop the wine open Gini and let's give a toast to a wonderful man and to our friend Randi who needs all the help she can get right now.

One last thought.....don't ever take anything for granted. Seize the moment and if you care about someone, tell them.

See??? I, do have a serious side... :eek: ;)

aly
02-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
I've never posted in a Thursday thread before, but wanted to toast to John.

Same with me.

Thank you for making this opportunity to remember the good times. I think it will help me heal. I've been affected greatly by his passing. He was just a wonderful person, so evident from his posts.

I had a similar experience as Jessica. On Tuesday morning, I had horrible visions and thoughts of someone dying. I thought it would be my grandmother and I was bawling and worrying. When I opened PT today and saw that thread from Karen, my heart sunk to my feet and I did not want to open it. When I did open it, I felt like throwing up because I was so utterly sad.

I am holding Randi in my thoughts constantly. I hope she is coping.

I think even for those that didn't know John, just looking back on his posts will show his wonderful character. We can all take this opportunity to live our own lives to the fullest, because we never know what will be around the corner. In John's honor, I will make the most of my life, not take things for granted, , and also be sure to have a good time. I'm sure thats what he would have wanted.

Cincy'sMom
02-09-2005, 06:00 PM
I haven't been much of a regular at Thursdays, but wanted to stop by today and offer a toast to John.

I played my Ten Years After CD at work today, when I read the news. If I remember correctly he did many of their album cover artwork/photography and it seemed like the thing to do....

dukedogsmom
02-09-2005, 06:16 PM
For those you of wanting extra comfort, I've brought a bunch of my crocheted blankets. You can wrap yourself up by the fire. I think I'll just have a hot chocolate in honor of John.

popcornbird
02-09-2005, 06:43 PM

I've never really posted in 'Thurdays' either, but when I read this quote of your's, Debbie, I had to come in...just to agree. I don't think anyone outside of Pet Talk would ever understand the feelings we have for each other here. Though most of us have never met in person, and most of the silly things we do together are all 'virtual', the feelings and friendships are certainly as real as it gets. That's because people we meet online 'are' real people, and 'are' real friends. People wouldn't understand how we could feel so strongly about folks we've never met, but the fact is, each and every one of us on PT knows that feeling. Losing someone from PT is no different than losing someone you're close to in person. That's just the way things are.

Three years ago, if someone told me people on the internet would mean so much to me, I would've laughed and said, "Whatever." Now...I totally understand it. Because I feel no one would understand, I too, keep quiet about PT in my daily life. Its something I keep to myself, because I don't think I'd be able to explain, and get people to understand and listen.

This girl doesn't drink alcohol, so if you don't mind, I'd like a Jamba Juice please. ;)

catland
02-09-2005, 06:54 PM
nice to see you PCB. One Jamba Juice - done.

I was reading one of John's "Fister" threads and I noticed what his signature was at the bottom of his post....

"Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be obtained through understanding. " - Albert Einstein

<snif> - this sure sums up Jonza at pettalk.

lbaker
02-09-2005, 07:05 PM
Move over people, let me in, scutch over on the cushions by the fire. I hardly remember my Dad and my Grandparents. My husband died several years ago and my Mom several months ago. But this hit me hard. I can't even speak.

RICHARD
02-09-2005, 07:08 PM
I am smiling right now because I was thinking if it was a good idea for me to start this thread.

And I think it was.

I started to second guess myself and then thought that the other threads are for Randi - this thread is for us....

We are all taken back because of the news.

I think he'd be pleasantly pleased that everyone has gathered in this spot to console each other.

---------------------------------

There were times that I traded barbed posts with Jonza-I really came to admire him and I think we both came to realize that we were OK with each others views.

I often used the term "dude" in my replies to him and I think this was a little "poke in the ribs".

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=65741&highlight=dude

Dude, You Rock!;)

-----------------------------

I suck as a bartender today....

DDM, Hot chocolate?

DONE!

slick
02-09-2005, 07:09 PM
Val, can I please have one of those blankies for Laurie? Thanks.

Here Laurie, put your feet up, Sis. You've come to the right place. Here's a BM, just like the bartender in Seattle made it. Little shrimpies, and all. Hugs to you my friend. :)

PCB, how nice it is to see you here along with the other "lurkers".

Now that some of you have seen what Thursdays is all about, hopefully you will drop by more often, that is, if you can stand the silliness.

captain
02-09-2005, 07:33 PM
Morning,

Please may I have a double barman ........ anything with Vodka will do.

May I put a CD on?
Just to play one song in Jonza's honour?
*press*

*open*
*place*
Robbie Williams - Angels plays softly in the background.

RIP John.
HUGS to Randi ....

KYS
02-09-2005, 07:53 PM
For once I am speachless,
I'll just hang out with you all for a bit,
chill out and reminise.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-09-2005, 07:54 PM
*sniff*
Aw, Captain, that's beautiful!

Oh, Mario, are you sad too, sweetie? I know you loved John too.
Come crawl up beside me on the sofa. I'll cover you with a blankie and read you a story. How about one about Fister?
You want the one about Fister being a cheeky monkey, eh?
Somehow, I'm not surprised. :)
Snuggle close now. Ready?

slick
02-09-2005, 08:08 PM
Shhhh, look Connie, Mario is asleep. Isn't that sweet??? You'd better not move otherwise he'll wake up.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Shhhh, look Connie, Mario is asleep. Isn't that sweet??? You'd better not move otherwise he'll wake up. He's so cute when he sleeps. How can one cute little monkey get into so much trouble?
I'll do my best not to wake him. He gets downright cranky when he gets woke up before he is finished sleeping.:D

davidpizzica
02-09-2005, 08:15 PM
When I read the post about Jonza's passing, I had the same reaction as when I was told of my own father's passing. I feel that he was the spiritual father of PT and will leave a hole in the heart of everyone here. I went to Ash wednesday services tonight and said a silent prayer for Randi and Jonza. I can use a coffee and a blanket

Edwina's Secretary
02-09-2005, 08:15 PM
I'd like to share a photo with you guys. This one...right here next to my computer...not that one of Shirley...the other one....see Vio, Barbara, Siegmar, me and Don...and there's John and Randi at the end of the table.

And here's another photo I pulled out today....that's John telling a funny story...isn't it great? Doesn't it capture his character?

oh my.......

momoffuzzyfaces
02-09-2005, 08:24 PM
I just noticed we set a new record for the most people on PT. 118 at 3:07(?) today.
I think everyone wants to support Randi and say bye to Jonza!
I think lots of us don't want to be alone today either. I know I sure don't.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-09-2005, 08:32 PM
I almost forgot: David, grab your coffee and a blankie and come over here by the fire. Edwina's secretary is showing some pictures of John. Just don't wake Mario or you'll have to sing him back to sleep.

gini
02-09-2005, 08:42 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p19bd503957c3579794e00e0d61ac225b/faf74bdd.jpg

Sara, did you mean this picture?

No, I realize this isn't the one you mean, but I couldn't find it.

davidpizzica
02-09-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
I almost forgot: David, grab your coffee and a blankie and come over here by the fire. Edwina's secretary is showing some pictures of John. Just don't wake Mario or you'll have to sing him back to sleep. Connie, I'll be very quiet. Poor Mario looks about as worn out as the rest of us.

Edwina's Secretary
02-09-2005, 08:59 PM
Here's another good one...

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=4289042887&idx=12

This is the one next to my computer...
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=4289042887&idx=1

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=4289042887&idx=19

Telling stories...
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=4289042887&idx=19

Corinna
02-09-2005, 10:50 PM
Thanks for sharing that picture I had never seen it. I loved his Fister threads .

Edwina's Secretary
02-09-2005, 11:37 PM
Why won't the pictures show that I want??????:( :( :( I want to show you John...not the ..... ferris wheel....:( :mad: :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-09-2005, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Why won't the pictures show that I want??????:( :( :( I want to show you John...not the ..... ferris wheel....:( :mad: :(

For some reason pictures don't show up in the Dog House. I'll try and repost the pictures you mean.

Here is the whole gang with John at the end of the table and Randi to HIS left.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p11a8b12ae92b4b950933b3c957a290a6/fb01c6c8.jpg

I'm assuming this is the one next to your computer.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/pd99eafad182e1f03f3847f7cd6ba2bc0/fb0060bf.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p46da7050bd73e3855a5ff5313916ddce/fb0060b5.jpg

And this is telling stories.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/pe0a64a607964d95363bf2c9cd79c8032/faf487e5.jpg

And a good one of Randi.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p49b3d90106cc2543d4ab2be787c949bc/faf4d215.jpg

You will still have to click on the image file name and I'm not sure but you might have to log in. I'm not sure because I'm already logged in so they work for me.

Thanks for sharing the pictures Sara. Looks like you all had a wonderful time and John was really enjoying himself.

ramanth
02-10-2005, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Sara, I loved seeing the pictures again. How lucky you are to have met him in person.

I think I'll have one of those hot chocolates while I warm myself by the fire.

slick
02-10-2005, 09:23 AM
Good morning Kim! Here's your hot chocolate and there are some mini-marshies on the bar if you feel like them.

Gosh, it's sure good to see all the newcomers here; all getting together for one common goal....to support Randi and share in John's memory. This is what our community is all about.

I'll go and put on some fresh coffee and a new batch of Bailey's. Got to get in practice for July. :D

Debbie....what on earth were you doing up so late last night??:eek:

Thanks for the link to the pictures. I've got a crappy monitor here at home so will have a better look at them when I get to work.

K9soul
02-10-2005, 09:29 AM
Good morning everyone. May I have a cup of that hot cocoa with the marshmallows? I spent a lot of time yesterday evening reading the Fister threads and reading through other threads of John's. I had mostly read the DH ones before, but the more I read the more amazed and impressed I am with his beautiful, intelligent soul. We are so fortunate to have gotten even a glimpse of such a special human being.

davidpizzica
02-10-2005, 09:40 AM
Good morning, everyone. Slick, that fire still feels good. I can use a hot chocolate with marshmallows. As I'm typing this Daisy is curled into a ball beside me, sleeping.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-10-2005, 09:51 AM
Debbie....what on earth were you doing up so late last night??:eek:

Don't ask. Randi just lost the love of her life even though it's the last thing she wanted, and I'm ready to kick the so called love of my life in the *ss! :mad: Sorry, not really, but yes really. Those who say men don't experience PMS are full of baloney! :rolleyes: And school wasn't coopering much either, so needless to say I'm tired and cranky today myself. :rolleyes: :p :D So nobody better get in my way today - you here?! :p ;) :D At least Peanut and CJ were being little love bugs. :D

Anyway, I got an email from Randi this morning and posted it to the Announcement thread on page 11. I'm not quite up to reposting the entire thing here, so just go there and see it (see, guess I am cranky). :rolleyes:

She seems to be coping as well as can be expected under the circumstances and seems to have family and friends to help her with all the arrangements.

Now, can I puh-leeze have a coffee and Baileys - heavy on the Baileys.....like real heavy? Thanks. Kimmy, move on over, I need to sit and relax for a bit and blow off some of this steam. :o

slick
02-10-2005, 09:52 AM
David and K9, hot chocolate, DONE! Would someone please tell Mario to stop shoving those mini-marshmallows up his nose!

For the newcomers, Richard doesn't usually check in until later so sometimes I try my best to fill in. Have patience. Thanks.

Coffee and a full bottle of Baileys for my friend over here. DONE! Hee Hee, that's why I live alone, and always will.

Guess I'd better go make some more. Just think Debbie in a few short months you'll be drinking my Baileys for real. That should put a smile on your face. Feel better!

gini
02-10-2005, 09:52 AM
Good morning everyone.

Hot Cocoa and marshmallows..........mmm.......that does sound good.

Not too good for the hips, but just great for the soul. Ah, well, you cannot take care of everything all at once now, can you?

I am still trying to wake up, so I will go sit by the fire for a while.
(which will probably put me back to sleep).

K9soul
02-10-2005, 09:57 AM
You're doing a wonderful job Slick. This hot cocoa really hits the spot :)

slick
02-10-2005, 09:59 AM
GOOD MORNING GINI!!!!! HEE HEE...DID THAT WAKE YOU UP?
You just wait until "morning after the night before" !!! Here's your cocoa and never mind the hips for once. :D :D

Thanks K9.....I try, I really do.

ramanth
02-10-2005, 10:31 AM
Morning! :)

Kimmy, move on over, I need to sit and relax for a bit and blow off some of this steam. :o
You got it. :)

Sorry it's not a good day. Andy and I have been at odds off and on this past week.

But YAY about Peanut and CJ. :D

Corinna
02-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Good morning all Here is some of my world famaous bacon queiche. I'll take a diet lime coke please, I also brought Mario a little snack (here guy take these cherries out side please) I'm off to read the letter from Randi .Back after wards.

catland
02-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Some of that Bailey's and coffee sounds good right about now. It is heartwarming to see so many new faces - I'm glad that Thursday's doesn't live up to it's reputation.;)

wolflady
02-10-2005, 10:54 AM
OMG, thank you Sara for sharing the pics and Debbie for posting them for me to see. :)
After seeing this news yesterday, it really got me to thinking about the things and people in my life and how I really am blessed. I have to hug everyone just a little tighter and tell them that I love them :(

Slick, a cuppa 'joe with some of that Bailey's would be great.

Corinna
02-10-2005, 11:16 AM
How very thoughtful for Randi to think of us in her time of need. Thanks for posting it.
Hey Thursdays are about life so we get crazy now and then ,but think about it we are all on computers and not out really doing the things we do in cyper space. Its the hearth of home in our little community.
Is there room on the couch today.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Corinna
Is there room on the couch today.

:D :D Guess the Baileys is working 'cause I'm feeling a bit better (or maybe is it that I haven't talked to Terry since about 7:30 this morning? ;) :rolleyes: :D )

Anyway, Corinna, this part of your post made me smile and picture....you know how in the cartoons arms just seem to get rubbery and stretch as far as needed? Well, that's what the couch is doing here. When you're picturing it yourself, don't forget to add the silly sound effects. ;)

I'll take a nice big coke, easy ice for now. No more Baileys for now or I'll be falling asleep on this comfy couch and taking up waaayyy too much space as I sprawl out. ;)

Cincy'sMom
02-10-2005, 11:26 AM
Is it too late for that coffe and Bailey's? I know it is afternoon here, but it still sounds good!

RICHARD
02-10-2005, 11:49 AM
Hi everyone.

I know you will all laugh at me but.....

Sometimes I get the feeling that the world goes thru these little spells where things don't 'flow'.

There is something in the "Force" that doesn't seem right.

Star Wars fans know what I am talking about.
:eek:

I am really busy today.

T&P&CJ
Yes, us guys have PMS-Why do you gals get a pass for a few days a month?;)

It's easier for you women. You don't get the urge to beat the crap out of each other- But then again, going out for a beer after a good brawl is something to look forward to!!

and thanks for taking over Slick!!!

I'll pop in and out..

DONE!

K9soul
02-10-2005, 11:52 AM
It's easier for you women. You don't get the urge to beat the crap out of each other

Don't be so sure.. LOL. :D

RICHARD
02-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by K9soul
Don't be so sure.. LOL. :D

Hair pulling don't count.;)

slick
02-10-2005, 12:00 PM
and thanks for taking over Slick!!!
You are welcome Richard, but I'm going to have to pass the torch over to Catland this morning (she's a better bartender than I'll ever be)....I've got some conference calls to participate in. I'll be back later.

Debbie, you know where I am if you need to vent. Hugs.

slick
xo

ramanth
02-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Star Wars fans know what I am talking about.
I hear ya loud and clear! ;)

catland
02-10-2005, 01:15 PM

You are welcome Richard, but I'm going to have to pass the torch over to Catland this morning (she's a better bartender than I'll ever be)....

oh-oh - the pressure is on now. :eek: My secret is pretty easy, I just open up the cabinet with the good stuff. Our profit margin is lower but you should see my tip jar.

RICHARD
02-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by catland
oh-oh - the pressure is on now. :eek: My secret is pretty easy, I just open up the cabinet with the good stuff. Our profit margin is lower but you should see my tip jar.

Peeking in to back you up...

You made me think about tipping with your comment about the tip jar.....

When I go out to a sit down place I always give the server an 'advice' tip with the monetary tip...

The tip??

Don't bet on the Dodgers this year.

DONE!

;) :D

slick
02-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Just checking in again. I've got about a 1/2 hour before I have to get back at it. Don't you just hate it when work interferes with Thursdays? Thanks for helping Catland, sorry to have dumped it on you at the last minute. Gee, I never even though about a tip jar?:confused:

Think I'll sit down by the fire with one of John's local beers. Mario, come and sit beside Auntie Slick. You looked so cute last night sleeping beside Connie. She must be a good story-teller.

catland
02-10-2005, 04:43 PM
No problem Slick. Its a little slow here today - everyone is in a reflective mood - they don't seem to be chatty which is perfectly understandable. I'm just cleaning up tables and pouring refills.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Well, I'm about to head home, so I think I'll take one for the road - or maybe two or three. ;)

Hope everyone has a good night, see you all tomorrow. :)

RICHARD
02-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Well, I'm about to head home, so I think I'll take one for the road - or maybe two or three. ;)

Hope everyone has a good night, see you all tomorrow. :)

Three for the road and four on the floor!

DONE!:D

Pit Chick
02-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Sorry I'm so late, I now have Thursday's off at work and my poor primative self doesn't have a computer at home :o .

I didn't know ya Jonza, but I hope you rest in peace. Watch over our critters at the RB for us folks still here. Hugs and condolances to you Randi, my prayers are with you.

(pooring out a little drink for Jonza)

Corinna
02-11-2005, 11:45 AM
Good morning all ! T&P I had the same thought as I said it .:D Thanks for the PM I feel better about it.
I'll guess I'll get my self a diet soda. Its a nice day here maybe we should go out on our deck and enjoy the day. Maybe send Randi good thoughts across the ocean.

davidpizzica
02-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Good morning all ! T&P I had the same thought as I said it .:D Thanks for the PM I feel better about it.
I'll guess I'll get my self a diet soda. Its a nice day here maybe we should go out on our deck and enjoy the day. Maybe send Randi good thoughts across the ocean. Corinna, that is an excellent idea and tribute. I'll also have a diet soda and we can go out on the deck.

RICHARD
02-11-2005, 12:39 PM
diet sodas all around.

DONE!

slick
02-11-2005, 01:08 PM
No diet soda for me thanks. I'll take something strong enough to get rid of my LES. A double slushy will do thank you very much.

lbaker
02-11-2005, 01:11 PM
How about a pitcher of slushies? If the pitcher is large enough I can join Slick in one - or two - or three - or four.
Stop the yapping and pour some more ;)

RICHARD
02-11-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
How about a pitcher of slushies? If the pitcher is large enough I can join Slick in one - or two - or three - or four.
Stop the yapping and pour some more ;)

Pour, pour, pitiful me
Pour, pour, pitiful me
all these girls won't let me be
Lord have mercy on me......

(apologies to Warren Zevon and Terri Clark):D

DONE!

slick
02-11-2005, 01:27 PM
If the pitcher is large enough I can join Slick in one Laurie, do they make a pitcher large enough for both you and me to fit into??:eek: :D

gini
02-11-2005, 01:39 PM
Sorry, there is no pitcher for you to use. I swiped it!! I am going to take my magic wand (I am also a genie you know!) and change it into one VERY LARGE pitcher of slushies.

Gather ye straws ladies (and gents) - let the party begin!

catcrazylady
02-11-2005, 01:47 PM
If I am still welcome on the couch I would sure enjoy the company.

Beginning of the week, hubby loses job of twenty years, middle of the week we lose a wonderful member of PT who leaves behind a very special grieving PT family member. End of week I have a lot of dental work done.
Now problem number one wasn't so bad when the tragic number two came along and number three was a piece of cake after one and two. Actually, the fact that half of my head was numb yesterday was a relief!
Due to severe mouth sensitivity I would love to have a warm cup of coffee please.

Thanks for letting me join in guys.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-11-2005, 01:50 PM
Pour, pour, pitiful me
Pour, pour, pitiful me
all these girls won't let me be
Lord have mercy on me......
Now you know you love all the attention!!!! :D

I need a super duper grandious Cherry Root Beer, please?
Not diet. I WANT SUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

RICHARD
02-11-2005, 02:18 PM
If I am still welcome on the couch I would sure enjoy the company.

Thanks for letting me join in guys.

lololol,
We don't issue memebership cards so you can come in any old time!!!

Warm coffee? DONE!

MOFF,

Super duper grandious cherry root beer.

DONE!

I think I twisted a finger typing that out....

;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Actually, the fact that half of my head was numb yesterday was a relief!

Sorry, Lisa, had to laugh at that. Around here our heads are usually numb from something other than dental novacain (or whatever they use). ;) :D

Come pull up a couch. Mario, sweetie, can you skootch over please? Oops, wait a minute Lisa, let me get a towel to put down so you don't get squished cherry juice off over you.

One warm cup of coffee for Lisa, and another log on the fire.

Slick & Laurie, I'm in on the pitcher with you, where's my straw? Can I have one of those swirly straw thingys so I can watch the slushie move up the straw? Getting mesmerized by that, along with the brain freeze that usually comes with drinking slushies too fast, is all I need to for a good head numbing experience. ;)

Oops, I see Richard already got you the coffee, so how's about a nice footstool to put your feet up on? Here you go....

Killearn Kitties
02-11-2005, 03:45 PM
No diet soda for me thanks. I'll take something strong enough to get rid of my LES. A double slushy will do thank you very much. Does that not make the LES worse?

Well never mind, you are obviously in good company. Can I have a straw for that pitcher of slushies please? I'll send good thoughts to Randi and dream of summer at the same time. :D

Hope your teeth are OK, Lisa!

davidpizzica
02-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Now you know you love all the attention!!!! :D

I need a super duper grandious Cherry Root Beer, please?
Not diet. I WANT SUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D Connie, the LAST thing I need is sugar! Boy, being a diabetic has it's drawbacks! Since it's cyber though, I'll have a slushie.

slick
02-11-2005, 03:51 PM
Does that not make the LES worse?
So true Karen, but this is a cyber bar and I'd like to think that those little green slushies take away the blues.

Me? I like the "bendie" straws......:D

Killearn Kitties
02-11-2005, 04:09 PM
OK you've sold me the bendy straws! I'll take two for my pitcher.

catland
02-11-2005, 04:15 PM
is there room for one more:D

slick
02-11-2005, 04:15 PM
Two bendy straws...DONE! One for each hand. ;)

Come on Julie...I see you lurking....your drink awaits you.

slick
02-11-2005, 04:16 PM
HA! I see we both posted at the same time. Take a seat and I'll be right back with another bendy straw for you....

Corinna
02-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Hey david no bailing out on the diet drinks with me!!!
CCC if it helps remeber we are going to soon have lots more of Gary and the found cats.,all becouse we all cared enough about him. We also found out hes a geek got it all hooked up by him self:D Sorry about hubbys job what sdoes he do maybe I will hear of some thing . Theres no place like here for word of mouth jobs. Hey maybe we should have a place for that.
Slick i found the bendy straws .

RICHARD
02-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Slick & Laurie, I'm in on the pitcher with you, where's my straw? Can I have one of those swirly straw thingys so I can watch the slushie move up the straw?

swirly straw? DONE!

KK,
Remember, You can have anything you want here....Straw and a dream of summer.

Should someone ask you, you tell them, "What LES?? That's the condensation from the slushie...."

;)

Catland,
There's always room here.

Slick,

I bought some day glo straws at the store the other day.....Looks like we'll have some for the BBQ!

DONE!!

Corinna
02-11-2005, 04:26 PM
I forgot to ask I missed how Gini became a genie. What thread did I miss?

slick
02-11-2005, 04:28 PM
I forgot to ask I missed how Gini became a genie. What thread did I miss?
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=71275
It was this one here, but the title's been fixed. At first it said "gini" instead of "genie".
Richard, I'll go shopping for the little crepe paper umbrellas. No drink is complete with out one. Good job on the glo straws.

Corinna
02-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Ok I saw it when it was Gini but thought it was in response to something else.(imagine how I could think that)

davidpizzica
02-11-2005, 04:40 PM
Hey david no bailing out on the diet drinks with me!!!
CCC if it helps remeber we are going to soon have lots more of Gary and the found cats.,all becouse we all cared enough about him. We also found out hes a geek got it all hooked up by him self:D Sorry about hubbys job what sdoes he do maybe I will hear of some thing . Theres no place like here for word of mouth jobs. Hey maybe we should have a place for that.
Slick i found the bendy straws . OOPS! I forgot! Change mine to a big diet Pepsi! With a bendy straw.

Corinna
02-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Thank you David.
Hey I just saw Gary has every thing up and running . Whaoo. Kirsten found the thread John did about the cat cruise I bawled like a baby remebering all of it. Those of you new here and havent seen it please read it you will understand, how and why we all loved him so.

gini
02-11-2005, 06:09 PM
Bendie straws? Next thing you know you will want Sponge Bob, Square Pants or a little Mermaid at the end of them.

Corinna
02-11-2005, 06:35 PM
No gini I have a Tigger crazy straw I'll be using it.

RICHARD
02-11-2005, 07:13 PM
No gini I have a Tigger crazy straw I'll be using it.

lololol,
Why do I want to see it... :D

Corinna
02-11-2005, 07:29 PM
I have eyeore too. My daughter thinks I haven't grown up so she gets me some of the strangest gifts.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-11-2005, 08:19 PM
:eek: BENDY STRAWS ARE RUNNING AMUCK!!!:eek:

delidog
02-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Hi All!!!

I know that it is Friday...and that I haven't been to Thursdays' Before,
But I was wondering if you wouldn't mind someone else that wanted to honor Johnza...
and help to support Dear Randi...

Randi,Johnza,Fister and I met on Pet Talk...and through their posts,we realized that we had much in common...being English,John...Loving Music...Particularly Blues....and of course our Pets...

One of my all time favorite bands/Guitar Players is Alvin Lee...of the Great Ten Years After...Turns out John was a good friend of Alvins'...and Johns Photos were used on their albums...SHHHHH and Cricklewood Green were 2...
As a matter of Fact...on Cricklewood Green their is a Kitty on the cover...That was Johns' Cat at the time....He Liked that...

John was such a Lover of Animals,Music,Language,Photography...and Life in General....
I want to Celebrate you,Dearest John...

and I want to Support Dearest Randi.....
You were partners for 25 or more Years...
My Heart goes out to You Randi!!!

But I would Like to pick up a Beer for John...and a Glass of Great Wine for Randi...(One at a Time, Please:) )

And Toast These Wonderful Pet Talk People!!!!

And Wish John Godspeed...
I know that he'll stop at the Rainbow Bridge and Pick up that Kitty on the cover of that album..and Take him with him on his Eternal Journey...

God Bless You John....
May You Rest in Peace

Nicole

Corinna
02-11-2005, 11:22 PM
salute as they say.

lbaker
02-12-2005, 05:03 PM
SALUTE, and the straws aren't the only ones that are bent this week :rolleyes: Alvin Lee was one of the most gifted musicians ever, along with Warren Zevon Richard.. and Tom Waits. Oh geez, don't get me started with music. Where is Jonza when I need him? Dang. Roooolll another one.. juuust like the other one... see you all on the back 40... :p

delidog
02-12-2005, 07:39 PM
LBaker...Don't get Me started!!! ;)

Tom Waites...Waltzing Matilda.....

momoffuzzyfaces
02-12-2005, 07:58 PM
I just ducked in for a cherry vanilla root beer.
Mario, are you all by yourself? Grab your beer and come over here and watch the second half of the NASCAR Budwiser shootout with me.

No, I don't think Richard would want you to drive a race car inside the bar. Not enough room. Maybe out back around the hot tub?
:D

slick
02-12-2005, 08:30 PM
Just popping in for a while. Feeling a little down tonight so I just want to curl up on the sofa and watch the flames in the fireplace and think about Randi.

gini
02-12-2005, 09:26 PM
Slide over Slick..........I will join you. Not up for much conversation tonight either.

Mario - what did MOFF tell you about racing the car in the bar?

Now be a good boy and come on over and sit by us...........
we will tell you a story...........