PDA

View Full Version : Sad News for the Pet Talk Community

Pages : [1] 2

Karen
02-09-2005, 09:33 AM
It is with great sadness that I inform you of a death within the Pet Talk family. "Jonza," real name John Fowlie, beloved husband of "Randi" Hofman and beloved human of orange cat Fister, passed away Tuesday morning after a brief sudden illness. He was surrounded by family and loved ones. He was 65.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Randi and their families at this time.

Edwina's Secretary
02-09-2005, 09:36 AM
We have lost a pillar.

and his life partner of over 25 years, Randi, along with Fister and Pjevs are left to carrying on without this wonderful, funny, kind, thoughtful, loving and intelligent man.

Godspeed John….rest in peace… Mini, Josephine, Batman and all the childhood cats named Tom have surely been to welcome you to the Rainbow Bridge by now.

aguu
02-09-2005, 09:40 AM
I am at a loss for words.
I am so sorry for your loss Randi.
Godspeed John. You will be missed.
This place will never be the same without John's wonderful stories.

ratchet22
02-09-2005, 09:41 AM
My condolences to the family and freinds.....May he rest in peace!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-09-2005, 09:41 AM
:(

Randi, know that we are here for you and will do whatever we can to help, even though we are many many miles away.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your families at this most difficult time.

Rest in Peace John. :( You and your wonderful stories will be dearly missed here at PT. :(

Bullboxer
02-09-2005, 09:42 AM
My condolences to the family.

popcornbird
02-09-2005, 09:43 AM
Words fail me right now...I'm in complete shock. :( Jonza was a wonderful member of PT, and will be missed sorely. I'm finding it hard to believe he has left us, and through the tears in my eyes, Randi, I want you to know that we will all be here for you during this very painful and difficult time.

My heartfelt condolences to you, Randi, to Fister, and to your entire family.

{{{hugs}}}

:( :(

Cinder & Smoke

GodSpeed to the Bridge, Dear Friend.

I'm gonna miss you!

{{{HUGS}}}, Randi.

/s/ :(, :( Phred

Christiansmommy
I am so very sorry, Randi. Hugs and sympathy to you and your family. :(

koxka
02-09-2005, 09:44 AM
Too sad, too sad....:(

John was a wonderful person with a great sense of humor.
He was also the love of my friend Randi and that was enough for me.

Randi, you know you have a friend on me. I'm here for you for whatever or whenever you need me. My home is wide open to you.

Hugs my friend,I'm crying with you :(

Rest in peace John! :(

christa
02-09-2005, 09:44 AM
So sorry, Randi, for your loss.

Prayers for you during this difficult time . . .

lbaker
02-09-2005, 09:50 AM
I can't even see to write now. My tears are too thick.
Laurie

lizbud
02-09-2005, 09:50 AM
This is incredibly sad news.:( Randi, I am so very sorry to hear this.:( Jonza was a intelligent, sensitive, and caring man. He will
be greatly missed. Rest In Peace dear John.:( Thank you for
letting us get to know you.

PJ's Mom
02-09-2005, 09:51 AM
RIP. :(

Cataholic
02-09-2005, 09:52 AM
Oh, God. I am in total shock. Dearest Randi, my most solemn condolances on the loss of John. He was one of the neatest people I have had the pleasure to learn from. His posts, his wit, his Fisterisms. Words cannot express the sorrow I know you are experiencing. He treasured you, I know, as you did him. I can only keep you close in my heart.

Love,
Johanna

slick
02-09-2005, 09:55 AM
:( :( Words cannot express our saddness at this time.

John, I never knew you well, but so enjoyed reading your posts and stories. Don't fret...we will look after Randi for you and I know that you will watch over her for all eternity. While you are up there, maybe you could give some scritchies to all the RB pets so that their Mommy's and Daddy's left behind will know they are OK.

Randi, please take comfort in knowing that your friends are here for you whenever you need/want them. Take a break from Pet Talk if you have to and please look after yourself and dear Fister.

We love you.
{{{HUGS}}}
slick xoxo

micki76
02-09-2005, 09:55 AM
Randi, I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. :( I can't imagine your pain. :(

Rest in Peace John. :(

anna_66
02-09-2005, 09:56 AM
We have all lost a beloved friend and member of this community.

I didn't really know John all that well, but whenever I'd read one of his posts it would always make me smile.

GodSpeed to the Bridge John

Anna & Family

K9soul
02-09-2005, 09:56 AM
Tears filled my eyes before even opening this thread because I knew there would be a terrible loss, and it is :(. I'm speechless because words are so incredibly inadequate. Randi, know that many of us share in your grief and tears across thousands of miles join yours to fall in mourning. Go with God John. :(

GraciesMommy
02-09-2005, 09:59 AM
I am so sorry to hear this. May God Bless the family he leaves behind and many friends who will miss him.

gini
02-09-2005, 10:01 AM
I sit here looking at the blank page and have been sitting here for a few moments.

How do you put into the proper words the enormity of our loss?

John, Jonza.............so well known and loved by us all.

Randi, my heart simply breaks for you.

Randi, we are all here for you - we will ALWAYS be here for you.
To say we send you support and love and hugs across the miles, doesn't seem enough. But for now, that is all we can do.

Randi, you may be shocked to realize that you have homes all over the world that are wide open to you. My home is one of them.

So until I can extend that love and give that hug in person, just know that I care so much about you and I grieve along with you.

Gini

Samantha Puppy
02-09-2005, 10:01 AM
Oh my... I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that thoughts and prayers are pouring out from every corner of the earth for you, Randi, and for John. Rest in peace, John.

DogLover9501
02-09-2005, 10:07 AM
Im so sorry for your loss...

RIP John :(

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-09-2005, 10:10 AM
Oh no Randi, NOT John...:( :( :( . I can hardly see what I am typing, this is just so terrible...! Dear Randi, you must be at total loss right now. I feel so sorry for you. I had NO idea that John was sick or so; it must have happened fast:eek: . One of my biggest wishes is that he didn't feel to much pain, and also that you were able to say goodbye to your sweet hubby.
I will write you a letter.

Rest in peace, dear John. You will be missed terribly here at PettalkTons of hugs to you dear Randi, and to sweet Fister and Pjevs.

http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20474%20rainbow_bridge.gif

Laura's Babies
02-09-2005, 10:16 AM
I did not know John and I do not know you Randi, but I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words that can comfort you right now but you know there are a great bunch of people here on PT that are praying for you and that will be here for you. You will be in all our thoughts and prayers on this sad occasion.

lovemyshiba
02-09-2005, 10:20 AM
Dear Randi,

I'm incredibly sorry to hear of the loss of your sweet husband. I cannot even imagine the pain you feel. May John Rest In Peace, and may time heal the broken heart you must have right now.

Emily

ramanth
02-09-2005, 10:22 AM
:( :( :( I am in shock. I don't know what to say. :(

Oh Randi, I am so sorry. *HUGS* We will miss him. Many hugs to to you and Fister.

RIP John.

Denyce
02-09-2005, 10:24 AM
I am shocked and saddened and the world has lost a bright light in Jonza. My heartfelt condolences to you Randi. I am so so sorry for your loss.

Denyce

Glacier
02-09-2005, 10:30 AM
My deepest sympathies to his family.

Logan
02-09-2005, 10:30 AM
My heart has been heavy, Randi, since receiving word of your loss. Your John was a bright, thought provoking and delightfully funny man, who we all sparred with at times and loved all the same. What a joyful 25 years the two of you must have had together.

You and Fister are in my every thought and prayer, today, and will remain there. :( We are right here for you when the time is right.

God Bless you, Randi.

Logan

kt_luvs_kitties
02-09-2005, 10:34 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, Randi. May John rest in peace.
I hope you can find the strength to move forward, and know that you have many people you can talk to and many people who love you. I will be praying for you and your family. *HUGS* Katie and kitties

sasvermont
02-09-2005, 10:34 AM
Oh my gosh.

Randi, you will surely let us know what we might do to make your burden a little lighter, if that is possible. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

We will see you later, John.

Ever so fondly,
Sas and her campers

moosmom
02-09-2005, 10:35 AM
Randi,

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. John was a wonderful man who was loved by all.

RIP John. :(

mei
02-09-2005, 10:40 AM
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Kristl
02-09-2005, 10:43 AM
I am terribly sorry. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends.

Corinna
02-09-2005, 10:44 AM
Randi, I sent a Bug hug to you and prayers for you and your family. Abig chunk of this community has left us. But I know he'd up in heaven playing with all our rainbow kids . God Bless you to give you the strength to get through the next few months to do what needs doing.

aly
02-09-2005, 10:55 AM
I am so sorry. I am sitting here sobbing uncontrollably because it just doesn't seem fair that he was taken from this earth too early. The only comfort I can seek is that he was needed in a much more important place. His kindness and intelligence shone through each one of his posts. I can only imagine how special he was in person. I always loved hearing his thoughts, because they always meant something and provoked thought.

I am so sorry, Randi :( Words just can't express it. :(

RICHARD
02-09-2005, 11:02 AM
Godspeed and rest easy.

jenfer
02-09-2005, 11:04 AM
I am sorry for your lost. :(

Rest in peace, John.

kimlovescats
02-09-2005, 11:05 AM
Dear Heavenly Father,

I pray at this time that you will place your loving arms around Randi and comfort her during this sad and difficult time. Dear Lord, we thank you and praise you for the love that she and John were able to share for these years, and for letting those of us here at Pet Talk also be able to love John along with her. We know that your perfect will has been done in this situation, and we pray that you will watch over Randi and provide for her.

In Jesus' Name I ask these things,
Amen

:( (((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

catfamily
02-09-2005, 11:09 AM
I'm so very sorry for you and your family's loss.He will be missed by many and obviously had many people who loved him dearly.This is such very sad news.I hope you get the comfort and support you will need and all of us are here for you as well.:(

krazyaboutkatz
02-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Randi, I'm in total shock right now and so sorry to hear this terrible news.:( I always enjoyed reading all of John's posts and will always remember the humurous ways that he looked at things. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Fister. Please remember that we're all here for you for emotional support. RIP dear John and please take care Randi.{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Jods
02-09-2005, 11:22 AM
Randi,
I'm so sorry to hear about John. RIP :( He will be missed.

molucass
02-09-2005, 11:22 AM
My condolences to the family during this difficult time..
You will be in my thoughts.

mruffruff
02-09-2005, 11:27 AM
I am very saddened by the loss of our good friend, John. I never met him, but I always enjoyed his posts. His stories were wonderful. He will be missed.

Randi, I know it will be a big hole in your life. Please take comfort in knowing John was loved and appreciated. Come here when you can.

Mary

NoahsMommy
02-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Oh my God. If I'm in this much shock, I cannot begin to understand how you feel, Randi.

I'm so sorry. I don't know want to say other than my heart is aching for you and this tremendous loss.

I'm so sorry. :( :( :( :( :( :( The world has indeed lost one of its good ones.

Please take care and know that we're here for you.

Love, Kelly

Cinder & Smoke
02-09-2005, 11:46 AM
From John's Birthday - June 27, 2004...

Originally posted by jonza

We decided that, in honor of the day we would
take a picture of me HOLDING Fister.

http://img67.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/jf.jpg

How silly of us to think that that would be straight forward.

Please excuse the result, Fister may be quite tame now,
but he definitely still doesn't like being lifted,
as you can probably see from my strained expression
(he was gone 2 seconds later).
And that wasn't the first attempt!
Oh well, at least it seldom leads to bloodshed nowadays.

Fister can't understand what all the fuss is about,
I mean, it's only another soppy old human after all...

"ONLY another soppy old human..."

But one So Loved by so many...

A Treasure lost...

Rest In Peace, John ~ We *miss* ya!!

:

smokey the elder
02-09-2005, 11:48 AM
Randi, I'm so sorry for your loss of John.

Hugs to you and Fister.

Love,

Alice

lynnestankard
02-09-2005, 11:50 AM
I don't believe it - I feel so shocked. I'm weeping all over the keyboard and wondering how on earth your going to cope Randi.

Your dearly beloved hubby is going to be missed so much on this site - his slightly off the wall humour brought millions of laughs over the years. So now we just share our tears with you.

I pray you have the strength to go forward.
He was one special man who will not be forgotten - he's got a very special place within my heart - as have you.

RIP dear John - a new star to shine in our night sky.

{{{{Hugs}}} across the miles Randi xxxxx

Love Lynne xoxo

jazzcat
02-09-2005, 11:53 AM
Randi, I am so sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

John, you will be very much missed.

davidpizzica
02-09-2005, 11:54 AM
Randi, I'm crying as I type this. My deepest condolences to out to you and your entire family. I have not answered many of his posts, but he was an intellegent, thoughtful caring man and I'll miss his insight on Pet Talk. R.I.P. Jonza, You will be greatly missed.

Fox-Gal
02-09-2005, 11:55 AM
For some sorrows there are no words, only shoulders to lean on, hands to hold on to and hugs to comfort you as best they can.

Reaching out to you in Sympathy and Love the only way I can, but know that if I could my shoulder, hands and my hugs would be there for you if I only could.

I'll leave you with the words my mother taught me.

Without the pain of a lose, means you have never experience the Gift of love. Cry for your loss and then Thank God for the wonderful gift of Love he has given to you. For you where blessed, by God.

(((((HUGS))))))

slick
02-09-2005, 11:56 AM
I just have to chime in here one more time.

I've just gone through this thread and read all of your caring posts and it reminds me that we should NEVER, EVER underestimate the power of love and friendship.

Randi, with our help and the love of family and friends you have at home, you WILL get through this and in some strange way, the rest of us will be helping each other cope, because your loss is our loss.

....and the circle continues...

sirrahbed
02-09-2005, 11:57 AM
:( Such sad news for PetTalk.

Randi - my nightmare is losing my lifetime love!! I can't begin to imagine what you are going through...so I will just leave you some ((((HUGS))) and many tears.:(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-09-2005, 12:01 PM
More to help us remember....

Here are just a few of the many wonderful, entertaining posts from John. In these he is writing about his beloved Fister, who was a stray and who John was determined to win over and bring in the house. John and Randi succeeded in luring him into the house, but from then on it was Fister who ruled the roost, much to John's delightful dismay.

Fister’s Journey – The House of Cages (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20296)

Fister’s Journey – the noble art of scratching (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21375)

Fister’s Journey – More news from the frontline (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21710)

Fister’s Journey – Picking up bad habits (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26811)

Fister’s Journey – The Art of Cat Speak & Cat Think (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29333)

Fister’s Journey – A CHEEKY MONKEY! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29512)

We all never failed to delight in the "Fister Tales" and couldn't wait for him to post another. However, these are only a few of his earlier threads. He has many many more posts to his credit, and I know there are quite a few of you who enjoyed bantering with him in the Dog House.

dukedogsmom
02-09-2005, 12:21 PM
I really am so stunned I don't know what to say so I can only imagine how you are feeling. I hope we can be of great comfort in the times ahead. We are all here for you to lean on, if you need to. PM me if you ever need to talk.

popcornbird
02-09-2005, 12:27 PM
His last post on PT...a joke about lawyers. Jonza always had a way to keep us smiling here on PT.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70630

When we lose one of our own, its gets us thinking more than ever. To witness the reality of death only brings the reality of life before a person's eyes. Life is so temporary...so short. Its amazing how much we worry about our lives in this world, when in the end, we're all going to pack our bags and return to God, leaving each and everything we had in this world behind us. While we sit here and grieve, I feel its also a time for us to reflect on the reality of life, the value of our loved ones, and a time for us to do all we can to bring comfort to Randi during this time of pain and sadness. Hugs to you all. Our memories of Jonza will never fade.

catlover4ever
02-09-2005, 12:29 PM
Randi, my deepest sympathies. I am at a loss for words. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
:( (((hugs)))

R.I.P. John and Godspeed

AbbyMom
02-09-2005, 12:31 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, Randi. RIP Jonza. I will miss your posts. Randi...we're always here for you.

wolflady
02-09-2005, 12:31 PM
:( :( :( Gosh, this is incredibly sad news. I too, am at a loss for words.
John was a great member of this community and had a creative way of telling stories, especially about Fister. :)
He will be forever missed, but never forgotten.

Just reading through all of these posts put my tears over the edge and they spilled onto my deks here at work :(

Randi, the warmth and support of this community is powerful, so please know that all of us at Pet Talk are here for you.
Love,
Karen

Cincy'sMom
02-09-2005, 12:32 PM
I don't usually check into PT during the day, but something told me I needed to. Randi, I am so sorry for you loss. John was such a wonderful part of our community and will be terribly missed. I can not imagine what you are feeling and words are truly escaping me.

Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers at this most difficult time.

Sevens
02-09-2005, 12:33 PM
My condolences to the family. Rest in Peace John.:( :( :(

Dixieland Dancer
02-09-2005, 12:36 PM
My deepest sympathies. John will be missed. :(

joanofark
02-09-2005, 12:36 PM
:( How Sad. I'm so Sorry, Randi... My thoughts and Prayers will be with you and your Family.:(

RIP:(

cali
02-09-2005, 12:37 PM
o my gosh, I am so sorry :( RIP John

Lilith Cherry
I am so very sorry to hear about your loss Randi. prayers and good thoughts go with you ... John will be very missed.

CalliesMom
:( :( :( :( :( I did not know John very well but greatly enjoyed his posts. He will be missed.

tatsxxx11
02-09-2005, 12:48 PM
Oh Randi, dear, sweet Randi:(:(:( However can be adequately express our sorrow for your immeasureable loss? I don't think that we can:( As Fox Gal has said, for some sorrows, there are simply no words:(:(:( Sadly, all most of us can do friend, is reach out to you across the miles and send to you our heartfelt sympathies, our strength, our support and our love. We are here for you always.

And we do love you Randi, just as we loved your beloved John, your soulmate and best friend. We are all the better for having known him, and we knew only but a bit of the fine man he was, the man that you knew and shared your life with.

I don't think I ever met a man who was truer to himself, than John. You always knew how John felt, no holds barred. He shared with us an honest and pure passion that blew across Pet Talk like a breath of fresh air, provoking us, making us think, challenging us. What a bright, intelligent, passionate man he was and much to our delight, his insights were always tempered with his amazing wit and humor and oh, those Fister tales:)

That is how I will remember John. As a kind and caring man of great depth who lived his life with passion, honesty and total devotion to his family and friends. How we will miss you Jonza.

We love you Randi and we are here for you, always.
Love, Sandra

CountryWolf07
02-09-2005, 12:50 PM
Oh my gosh, I have no idea what to say. You will be in my prayers & thoughts.. RIP John

LorraineO
02-09-2005, 12:54 PM
My deepest sympathies in your time of sorrow.......

momoffuzzyfaces
02-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Tears are flowing so hard. I hope this will make sense.
John will be greatly missed. I loved his Fister stories.
I admired him greatly. Be at peace, dear friend!

Randi, my heart is breaking for you. We are here for you should you need us, even if it is someone to cry with. Some hurts just go too deep for words.

Who would have thought, we would come to love people we never met in person, through a place called Pet Talk?

Prayers are with you and your family.

BitsyNaceyDog
02-09-2005, 01:08 PM
My condolences to Randi and the rest of his family and friends.

Pam
02-09-2005, 01:08 PM
Dear Randi,
I can't begin to know the tremendous loss you are feeling now but I have a small idea because Pet Talk is feeling a loss as well. His thoughtful, provocative and humorous posts remain, and maybe someday when it is not so painful you might want to visit them again as now they will seem more precious than ever. I am sending big (((Hugs))) to you and Fister.
Love, Pam

Catsnclay
02-09-2005, 01:09 PM
I am so sorry to hear this Randi. Please take care of yourself and as you can see we are all here for you.

Our thoughts & Prayers are with you and your family right now.

cubby31682
02-09-2005, 01:10 PM
I don't know what to say except that I am sorry for your loss. We are all here for you.

Katie:(

petslover
02-09-2005, 01:26 PM
When I saw the title of the thread I knew something was wrong. I am very sorry for the loss. God Bless. RIP John. :(

zippy-kat
02-09-2005, 01:28 PM
Randi, Pjevs, Fister...

As many others have said, words seem so inadequate now.

The brilliance, intelligence, and *love* that Jonza exuded is not gone. Among the archives rest some of the most thoughtful, challenging, and humorous comments ever to grace the boards of pet talk.

We are left with a tremendous ache and know that it is so dim in comparison to what you must be feeling. Please lean on friends, family, and each other for comfort. Of course we will be here to support you, too.

My heart goes out to you. :(

Rest peacefully, John, rest peacefully.

finn's mom
02-09-2005, 01:35 PM
I always enjoyed Jonza's posts, and, I'm sorry to hear this news. :(

My Peanuts
02-09-2005, 01:59 PM
What terrible news. :( My condolences to John’s family. :(

Tina
02-09-2005, 02:01 PM
I'm so sorry Randi:( My condolences to you and your family.

RIP John:(

catland
02-09-2005, 02:06 PM
Randi - I'm so sorry for your loss. The outpouring of grief and love on this thread pretty much explains it all. The stories of Fister, as told by you and John, are certainly the cornerstone of the good that is PetTalk.

John challenged our politics and our (American's) world view. But his challenges always stemmed from a deep curiosity and desire to understand how others think.

Rest in peace John - you will be missed.

Prairie Purrs
02-09-2005, 02:13 PM
I am so very sorry. We have lost a brilliant, clever, honest, and caring voice on Pet Talk. Randi's loss is immeasurable.

Miss Meow
Randi, I'm so sorry.

We are all so much richer for having known John in our own ways. His personality, passion and spark came through in every word he wrote for us.

What a sad day for us all. Our condolences to you, Randi, please know that we'll have you in our thoughts.

{{{hugs}}}

Nicole and Shane

Vio&Juni
Yesterday, after I found out the dreadful news, crying my eyes out, I searched for all his threads and read and thought about him. I watched all the pictures I had with him. Such a great person! Having met him in person, it hurt even more. I have no words to describe how I feel. I can't even imagine how you feel, Randi.

Rest in Peace, John. :(

catcrazylady
02-09-2005, 02:17 PM
I am stunned and incredibly saddened.:( :( :(
There are no words that can express how deeply this loss will be felt.
Please Randi, know that we are all thinking of you and prayers, good thoughts, warmest condolences, and tons of {{{{HUGS}}}} are being sent your way.

May God bless you and ease the pain in your heart.

GodSpeed Jonza for you are now in a much better place.

delidog
02-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Oh Dearest Randi,

I did not know that John was sick...

My Most Heartfelt Sympathy

I am at a loss for words right now....

John is a beautiful,talented soul...

Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers....

Nicole

jenluckenbach
02-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Dearest Randi, I could not even read to the bottom of the first page, let alone the 5 pages to follow.........too many tears. I can not even imagine the grief you have right now, but I pray for you to have strength. This is a very sad day. I am so sorry. :(

luvofallhorses
02-09-2005, 02:29 PM
:( :( RIP I am so sorry for your loss:( :(

Uabassoon
02-09-2005, 02:32 PM
I've been reading this and hadn't commented yet just because I simply didn't know what to say. I still am left speechless.

He was such a wonderful man, smart, witty, kind and so many other wonderful things. Randi my heart reaches out to you, I can't even begin to imagine your pain.

Aspen and Misty
02-09-2005, 02:54 PM
How very sad to hear of the loss of a member. A piece of the pet talk community has been taken to heaven with this dear soul and he will be dearly missed, by those who knew him in RL and those of us who affectionately know him as Jonza.

And in the passing of one, millions weep.

Ashley :(

carole
02-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Jonza (John) you will alway's be remembered here with love, you were the most honest, generous, warm hearted soul I have had the pleasure and honour to know, you will remain in my thoughts forever.

Randi I cannot express enough how I feel for your sorrow, I just hope in time you will beable to read these post's and they will help bring you some comfort, my sincerest sympathy to you and all of your family.

Jonza we will all miss you so very much, our heart's are heavy today and we simply cannot believe what has happened, RIP dear Jonza, you memory will live on at PT,and you will be forever in our hearts.

An incredibly sad time for us all here today, words alone just cannot express our feelings, it feels like things will never ever be the same again.:( You have left a huge void here John, and it hurts terribly.

Grace
02-09-2005, 03:00 PM
So very sorry to hear this news.

Buddy Blaze Lover
02-09-2005, 03:02 PM
Oh I am SO sorry for the passing of John, Randi!! This is quite a shock!! I can't express my sadness to you...I am just SO sorry! God bless.:(

wolfsoul
02-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Wow, this must be the first time we've lost one of the good members of PT. :(

I didn't really know him..and yet I'm feeling so sad right now. Randi, I'm so sorry for your loss. Please remember that John will always be with you and with us here on Pet Talk.

ChrisH
02-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Oh, Randi, I am so, so, sorry to hear this sad news of the loss of your John. :( As a widow I know a little of how you are feeling and my heart goes out to you.
Please know that I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Rest in Peace, John, you will be missed by many.

Chris

robinh
02-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Randi

I did not know John well, but wanted you to know of my heartfelt condolences at his loss.

Meows3999
02-09-2005, 03:29 PM
So sorry for your loss. God Bless you Randi. Rest in Peace John

Kfamr
02-09-2005, 03:42 PM
I cannot even find words.

Very sad and shocking news. :(

bluekat
02-09-2005, 03:49 PM
I'm in shock, I don't really know what to say..:(

Randi, just remember we're all here for you..{{{hugs}}}

Tiah
02-09-2005, 03:58 PM
RIP John. :(

Cookiebaker
02-09-2005, 03:59 PM
Randi, I am so very sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers at this difficult time, and hope that you find peace and comfort.

Rest in peace, Jonza, you will be sorely missed.

nibblets
02-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Jonza will be greatly missed by the PT community.
My heart goes out to Randi, Fister and all who were close to John.

captain
02-09-2005, 04:29 PM
I did not get to the Cat side much, but when I did I always read the adventures of Fister ................ :D.
Your sense of humour was fantastic, and I loved reading your many other posts too .....

John - god speed - I know there are several RB PT pets waiting there for you ....

Randi - {{{hugs}}} across the miles.

RedHedd
02-09-2005, 04:33 PM
I'm in shock and deeply saddened at the loss of our Jonza. :( Condolences to his family - both skin and fur.

RubyMutt
02-09-2005, 04:41 PM
What shocking and horrible news :(

(((HUGS))) to you Randi, and all the other PTers, it's obvious this will be hard for many of you :(

RIP Jonza :(

Killearn Kitties
02-09-2005, 04:41 PM
What a sad day for Pet Talk. John was a wonderful, witty caring man and he really expressed himself well in print. He put over his own feelings with thought and compassion and his Fister stories were just superb.

I admired John through his writing and I'm desperately sorry that I never met him. I would have liked to very much.

We can't make things better by our words, Randi, we can only be there for you. And we are.

Please take care.

Karen xx

Sudilar
02-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Words cannot express how sorry I am for your great loss. When John crossed over, I am sure he stopped at RB to give our PT departed ones a pat on the head.
My heart goes out to you, Randi. Find comfort in Fister for you both loved John with all your hearts.
Hugs.

Dan Holder
02-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Hopefully, seeing so many postings will be some small comfort to the family at such a sad time. Much sympathy, and best wishes.

Felicia's Mom
02-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Randi, I am so sorry for your loss. May God Bless.

emily_the_spoiled
02-09-2005, 05:05 PM
Randi,

I can not begin to fathom the depth of your loss. Please know that John, yourself, Fister, and Pjevs are well loved here. Although John is no longer with us on this plane of existence, he remains here in spirit as part of our community and will never be forgotten.

Please accept my deepest sympathies

RIP John :( :(

Cheryl

chocolatepuppy
02-09-2005, 05:11 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. Rest in Peace John.

Lillycat
02-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Randi, my heart goes out to you. Prayers to you and yours in this great loss.

primabella
02-09-2005, 05:24 PM
:( :(

I am so very sorry. Your family will be in my prayers.

RIP John. You will be missed.

vinjashira
02-09-2005, 06:17 PM
so sorry for your loss :(

GoldenRetrLuver
02-09-2005, 06:20 PM
Oh my gosh. :(:(:(

I don't know what to say.. I'm so, so sorry for your loss.

R.I.P. John.. you will be missed.

Logan
02-09-2005, 06:28 PM
Randi, I just paused to think of those at the Rainbow Bridge......my Heaven........that were there to greet your John. The people that I know and remember include 4 loving grandparents, Daddy Joe, GG, Nannie and Papa. The pet memory I have that stands out the most is a precious letter that my Papa sent to us when he was "babysitting" some puppies we had with our bird dog. He diagramed it all for us with pictures and sent it to our destination. I still have a copy of that letter on my desk. My Papa and the others are right there with John.
I know that John also greeted the pets of everyone associated with Pet Talk who has lost a pet. Don't you know that the cats, dogs, birds, guinea pigs, hamsters, everyone was right there waiting on him? I'm sure that my Kaycee, ShrimpBoat, Phoebe, Tigger and others were. Tigger will remind John of his Fister......such similar personalities!!!!

Randi, we love you, and are obviously holding you and John in our every thought.

Logan

tatsxxx11
02-09-2005, 06:34 PM
For sure, my father and brother who just left for Heaven a few weeks ago, are welcoming John wth open arms. They both were great animals lovers as was your John. I'm thinking of you Randi and lighting a candle tonight for John and all of our beloved family members and pets. Love, Sandra

sammy101
02-09-2005, 06:37 PM
omg im so sorry for your loss:( I'll be thinking of your Randi.{{{Hugs}}}

RIP John:(

Freckles
02-09-2005, 06:39 PM
John's passing is such sad news and he will be missed.

When Jonza posted a thread, I always read it because I knew it would be important.

Randi, please believe we all love and truly support you. :(

tikeyas_mom
02-09-2005, 06:51 PM
i am shocked to hear this!! what sad news... :(

my condolences....

:( :( :(

rizzy
02-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Oh my, I am so sorry to hear this.:( Rest in peace, John. I will be praying for you Randi.

cookieluver7
02-09-2005, 07:14 PM
I will be sure to pray for his family. May you rest in peace, John. And thank you Karen, for letting us know what has happened. This is terrible news, but thank you. :( :( :(

flamepony12
02-09-2005, 07:34 PM
Oh My Gosh. :(:( I just saw this, and it took my breath away. :( May John rest in peace. Prayers and good thoughts go out to his beloved family. :(

KYS
02-09-2005, 07:49 PM
I can not come up with the words to say
how I feel. I am so very sorry to hear such
sad news.

Much sympathy and prayers for the family.

(((HUGS)))

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-09-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Randi, I just paused to think of those at the Rainbow Bridge......my Heaven........that were there to greet your John. You're right, Logan, and you brought a small smile to my face. Why? Because I know John now got to meet Tubby! I never thought that would ever happen just because of the vast miles between us. But now it's a reality. <weak smile>

manda_moo87
02-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Randi, I am so sorry for your loss of John. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. :(

rg_girlca
02-09-2005, 08:20 PM
Randi, you have my deepest sympathies on the loss of your beloved husband John.

I didn't know you that well, but I truly enjoyed reading about Fister's Journeys.

Rest in Peace John, as you will be sadly missed but never forgotten.

swimma253
02-09-2005, 08:30 PM
Oh No. :( My deepest sympathies to you Randi.

RIP John.

slleipnir
02-09-2005, 08:48 PM
Wow, I don't know what to say at all. I was so shocked to see this :( I'm so sorry for the loss of John :(:( I wish I had something comforting to say :(

delidog
02-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Alright,

I have Re-Grouped myself...after hearing of this Tragedy

Randi,
I know that there are no words I can speak now that will make YOU feel better......However,There are Worlds of things that I can say for John!!!

What a Beautiful Photographer!!!

I OWN ALL the Albums that JOHN did the Photography on!!
John Fowlie was Such a Talent!!!
John Shot So Many Amazing Photos!!

I KNOW HOW Much that John means to You Dearest Randi!!!

You ARE Both in My Thoughts and Prayers....Godspeed,Dear John

May You Rest in Peace
Dearest John Fowlie

QueenScoopalot
02-09-2005, 09:30 PM
I'm so terribly sorry for everyone's loss. I don't know what else to say, but may peace, and good memories be with you and yours. :(
Many (((( HUGS))) coming your way Randi.

slick
02-09-2005, 09:47 PM
I OWN ALL the Albums that JOHN did the Photography on!!
For those of us who didn't know John very well, can you give us some insight as to what albums he worked on? I'm curious to know.

Uniqueviking
02-09-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss, Randi. My condolences to you and the family :(

catnapper
02-09-2005, 09:49 PM
How utterly devastating. :( John was a loving and special member of PT and we all feel your loss. {{{HUGS}}}

delidog
02-09-2005, 10:01 PM
Dearest Slick,

I know that John & Randi would be Proud!!!

John Photograhed pics that got made into albums years ago...John was Brilliant!!!

His covers were Ten Years After!!! Do You Remember Cricklewood Green???There was his Kitty at the time...On the cover!!! ;)
w/Alvin Lee!!

Need I say More???

slick
02-09-2005, 10:12 PM
Sorry Delidog, none of that sounds familiar but then again....I live a pretty sheltered life. Maybe I'll do a search on the Internet for them.

slick
02-09-2005, 10:16 PM
http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/drg500/g576/g57601r9k0d.jpg

You mean this???

Sorry, but I'm really clueless when it comes to music.

delidog
02-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Yes,Slick!
Thats' the one!!

slick
02-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Delidog: can you please post the names of all the albums that you have? I'd really like to see all of them and I'm sure others would too. Let's celebrate John's life by showing off this treasured work!!

delidog
02-09-2005, 10:25 PM
Slick:

Yes. I Will

Might take a little time

AS You found

Cricklewood Green
a Space in Time
Live at Fillmore east
Rock N Roll all over the World

Let me find some more!!

I will post more as I find them!!!!

doggylovr6
02-09-2005, 10:35 PM
My condolences to your family. RIP play hard at the RB

sittingprettier
02-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Sorry to hear of a loss like this. It makes all the troubles I have had today seem selfish and small.
I am going to hug my dogs and hubby and say a small prayer.

HUGS TO RANDI and all.

Rottieluver45
02-09-2005, 10:54 PM
I'm sorry to hear about this!! Jonza was a great member of PT and he'll always be remebered.

RIP John

sasha the cat
02-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Our heartfelt condolences to the Fowlie-Hofman families on the passing of John Fowlie.

Dear Randi,

Please accept our deepest condolences on the loss of your beloved husband. May the memories of John be a blessing and comfort to you.

One thing is sure: Memories of our beloved and precious family members are the jewels in the treasure chest of our hearts. They are with us all the days of our lives. John was blessed to have his loved ones with him at the time of his death.

We met John through our Pet Talk family. Through his words in our forum, we know the world has lost a very good man.

Fister, you will miss your Paw-Paw very much. Sweet pussycat, we tell humans they will see their darling pets on the other side of Rainbow's Bridge. It goes both ways, dear Fister. One day you will cross Rainbow's Bridge and John will be there waiting for you.

Ha-Makom yenahem ethem b'tokh sha'ar aveilei Tzion v'Yerushalayim.

Susan Dykhuis and Murray Gold
and our little girl, Sasha the Cat

shais_mom
02-09-2005, 11:27 PM
Please accept my deepest condolences and Sympathy Randi.
You and you're family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love
Staci, Keegan, Kylie and Kloe.

BCBlondie
02-09-2005, 11:36 PM
:( :( I don't know what to say... :(

*HUGS to you and your family, Randi*

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-10-2005, 06:58 AM
Someone posted a picture here of John and Fister. I made something with it. I hope you like this, Randi :)

http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/john%20and%20fister.jpg

chrangharris
02-10-2005, 07:28 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss. We are praying for you and your family during this time.

trayi52
02-10-2005, 08:14 AM
I am very saddened by the news of the loss of one of our favorite Pt'ers. Randi, I pray God will comfort you and your family in this time of loss and give you the strength you need to get through this time.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family right now.

John, may you rest in peace.

Willie:(

catmandu
02-10-2005, 08:27 AM
This is a very sad day,as John,was a Pillar,on Pet talk,and condolences,are coming from the Found Cats,and myself.and The Pet Talker angels,are gathering,now,to welcomde John,to the Rainbow Bridge,where the Pets will have a Wonderful New Guardian.

Rachel
02-10-2005, 09:11 AM
I picture John sitting on a grassy knoll of a meadow next to a brook at the RB, surrounded by the animals waiting for their humans, keeping them company and regaling them with stories about the Pet Talkers he had come to know. Somehow all our RB kids find out about John and rush to join him and get their share of his attention. Kind and caring, he sees that all are specially treated to fun and games, pets and hugs. John, our very own ambassador to the RB.

Losing John from our community is sad enough. Knowing the pain that Randi is experiencing is more than I can wrap my mind around. There have been such thoughtful comments in this thread that there is not much more I can add, other than I am so, so sorry.

I intend on going back to read the threads of John's which I have missed. He will not be forgotten at Pet Talk.

Albea
02-10-2005, 09:19 AM
Dear Randi,
I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. All of us who got to know John through his postings will fondly remember him for his wit and kindness.
My most sincere condolences, you are in my thoughts.

Barbara
02-10-2005, 09:35 AM
Since Sara called me yesterday I am at a loss of words.
Dear dear Randi, I am so terribly sorry. I still cannot imagine to speak of John in the past. I am so happy I met him not just online but also in real life and Siegmar and I had been looking forward to meet him more often. He was a gentleman in the true sense.

Randi I cannot think of what it means for you and Fister. I hope I can be of a little help.

Love and one thousand hugs.

Barbara and Siegmar

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-10-2005, 09:41 AM
I got an email from Randi this morning and she wanted me to relay it to you all.

Thank you Debbie! I can't tell you how I feel ..... John is the only one I need to comfort me, he was the BEST at that in such situations.

His son and I are going to talk to the undertaker this afternoon, we had a 2 hour talk with the priest yesterday. He is very special, a kind of an old hippie type - very calm. I felt better when we left.

The service will be on monday at 13.00 - Charlie's Bar after. His sister and BIL will be coming on sunday from England, I'm trying to help them find a decent place to stay. They're prepared to stay for a week.

I need to sort out flowers and so many things and which psalms.

The phone has been ringing constantly, I have problems breathing. I don't think I know anyone in the world who had so many friends as John. People from 30 years ago still contact him, he was so helpful to everybody.

Fister misses him bad, he still lays on his duvet on his undershirt. I try to comfort him. yeserday we played with his favourite ball of wool. :)

<edit>

At the moment is good getting mails from everybody.

<edit>

love,
Randi

And also, a clarification on the timing. It's so hard because of the time change to figure out what happened when, but Randi says:

Just to let you know, Debbie, I saw karen's thread. John died tuesday morning around 10.00. His pulse went down quickly - to 18, and they turned the machine off. I will tell more later to the ones who want to know.

He was breathing partly monday night, with help from the machine.

Love,
randi

So she has seen the thread but I'm not sure how much time she had to read it in it's entirety. As you can see, she is quite busy, and seems to be coping as well as can be expected, and poor Fister already misses his dad. :(

Randi, when you get around to reading this, know again that we are here for you and will do whatever we can to help. I wish we could all be there in person....

{{{hugs}}}

NoahsMommy
02-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
I wish we could all be there in person....
Oh Debbie, I wish we could be there too. Randi needs a huge group hug. :(

Thanks so much for letting us know how she is. I've been thinking about her since the moment I read this thread.

(((HUGS for Randi)))

slick
02-10-2005, 10:57 AM
Thank you for sharing Randi's email with us, Debbie.

{{{HUGS}}} Randi....you and your family will be in my daily prayers.

wolflady
02-10-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
... I've been thinking about her since the moment I read this thread.

Me too

{{{{{Randi}}}}}

Karen
02-10-2005, 11:18 AM
Oh, Randi, we love you, and will be here for you when things settle down again. Poor Fister, missing his Daddy, tell him he's not alone, okay? I'll go edit my original post to correct the timing.

slick
02-10-2005, 11:55 AM
I'm wondering......

Was there an organization or a charity that John was passionate about? I'd like to make a donation in his memory.

kimlovescats
02-10-2005, 12:23 PM
Karen, I had thought about the possibility of a day or even a 'moment' (few hours) of silence on Pet Talk in honor of John. This would mean NO POSTING ... which for most of us would be a great sacrifice, and therefore a special time to reflect on our departed friend. Just a thought.

Kim

Cinder & Smoke
02-10-2005, 12:38 PM
<edited>

We're sending a Pet Talk Arrangement to Randi's Howze...
So Randi and John's Family know we're WITH them in Spirit during their grief, even though we can't be there in person.

We'll "sign" the card from ALL of us... so no one is left out.

Later on, when Randi can make some suggestions, folks may make a Memorial Contribution in John's memory to a fovorite charity or Pet-related organization.

Debbie (T&P's Mom) has a NEW THREAD in General that
offers a way for Folks to participate in a Memorial Gift.
Please Visit >>>
"For John/Randi" (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71260)

/s/ Phred

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-10-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by slick
I'm wondering......

Was there an organization or a charity that John was passionate about? I'd like to make a donation in his memory.

Slick, when I emailed Randi back I asked her for specifics about the funeral and such, so I'm hoping she sends this type of information also. Usually the family will specify that they would like donations sent to XXXX charity in lieu of flowers being sent.

I'll let you know if/when I get the info.

Karen
02-10-2005, 12:47 PM
I do like the idea of a dish garden, as long as it included non-toxic to cats plants. Maybe with a little ceramic kitty in it? Florists sometimes have those ...

Edwina's Secretary was also going to inquire about Randi's wishes for memorial donations, Deb.

Albea
02-10-2005, 12:55 PM
Phred,
as usual you have come up with a wonderful idea. Count me in to participate in any memorial that you and some other PTalkers decide is the right one to send our love to Randi and celebrate John's life.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-10-2005, 01:24 PM
Phred!!! Your PM box is full!!! I just ordered flowers and started a new thread in General so as not to bog this one down!!!

Waaaaiiiiittt!!!

wolf_Q
02-10-2005, 01:35 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. :( {{{hugs}}} to Randi

Kiia
02-10-2005, 01:45 PM
I am so sorry to hear this, my condlences to you and your family. <<hugs>>

kitten645
02-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Dearest Randi and Fister,
I have no words Grief is the price we pay for love.
Dear Fister, know that your Paw Paw is never far from you and one day we will all be together. I can only imagine John being surrounded by so many kitties to make his journey easier. I know my Gigi and Jersey are there for him.
We are all better for having known him.
Kitten

ramanth
02-10-2005, 02:01 PM
Thanks for sharing the email Debbie. It's still so hard to believe... :(

Bari_d
02-10-2005, 02:15 PM
My deepest sympathy to Randi and family.

Bari

lynnestankard
02-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Thanks you Debbie for sharing the email from Randi.
I don't know what happened - does anyone?
I'm still in a state of shock - as we all are.

Missing you John xxx

{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}} to you Randi - and the furries xxxx
Lynne

Cincy'sMom
02-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Thanks Debbie and Phred for taking control and figuring out how we can all contribute. Please let me know if I can be of help.

wolfie
02-10-2005, 03:51 PM
I am so sorry. :(

davidpizzica
02-10-2005, 04:18 PM
Debbie, thank you for sharing that e-mail with the rest of us. It sounds like Randi is coping the best that she can. Big guy like me, I'm still tearing up! (I can tear up at the end of Bambi!) Randi, all of the big {{{{HUGS}}}} in the world!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Randi sent me this link with a note that this is where the service will be held and then John will be cremated. They live "down the road to the leftin the picture"

Hellig Kors Kirke (http://www.dis-danmark.dk/kirkeimg/view_kirke.asp?KirkeID=2201)

I believe this is the address

Hellig Kors Kirke
Kapelvej 38,
2200 København N

Don't know what this is....the pastor/priest maybe....?
Sognepræst Erik Bock
Hans Tausensgade 2
2200 København N

She gave also gave me a phone number, but I don't know whose it is so I won't post it and then this, which I believe is the time of the service?

træffes kl 11-12, undt. fre., ons. till. kl.18-19

Anyone know how to read Danish? Where's UniqueViking? ;)

BigCharles
02-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Sorry for your loss. Go with God, John.

catlady1945
02-10-2005, 10:32 PM
How very sad. Condolences to the family.

rosethecopycat
02-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Sincere condolences to all the family. And comfort for Fister, who misses him so.:(

Fett
02-11-2005, 12:33 AM
Sorry to hear of this. :( May he rest in peace.

LoudLou
02-11-2005, 05:01 AM
Words seem so inadequate for such a tremendous loss. My heart goes out to you, Randi, Fister & Family.

In this world we sometimes find great writers, great storytellers... they become our friends through the written word. You, John, were an exceptional writer, a captivating storyteller, and a great friend.... There are no words to describe how much you will be missed, but thank you for leaving behind your words of wisdom and humor... You will live on in our hearts and we'll treasure them always.

Katie - LOUD Louie & The Beans

RobiLee
02-11-2005, 07:56 AM
I have been here several times and haven't been able to post. I just feel like I can't find the right words and I still can't. This is so very very sad.

My deepest sympathies go out to Randi and the rest of John's family. I wish I had some words to comfort you all. You are all in my thoughts.

Rest In Peace, John.

Robin :(

Karen
02-11-2005, 11:44 AM
It is always hard to know what to say, but we do the best we can to offer comfort to Randi and the whole community who will miss him.

Kirsten
02-11-2005, 02:51 PM
OMG!!!! (I worked all week and wasn't online, so I did not see this earlier)

OMG, ((((Randi)))) :( :( :(

Kirsten

Medusa
02-11-2005, 04:08 PM
I'm very sorry to read about this. Blessings to all.

M

PayItForward
02-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Randi, my heart goes out to you. :(

As much as we'll miss John/jonza wonderful posts on this board, it is nothing compared to the loss you are suffering.

{{{Hugs}}} to you, I am thinking of you at this very sad time :(

iloverat
02-11-2005, 06:47 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your John's passing. May you find some strength and comfort in the outpouring of love from your friends and family in this most difficult time. God is with you always...

With sincerest sympathies - Bobbi

auggie
02-11-2005, 07:31 PM
I’m in total shock.:(
Jonza just posted a funny joke about a week ago and I always enjoyed his posts.
Randy, my heart goes out to you.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Vermontcat
02-11-2005, 09:36 PM
I'm sorry that I haven't been online for a couple of days so I am just seeing this now.
I'm so sorry to hear about John/Jonza.:(
His posts on Pet Talk were some of the best.
Hugs to you Randi and to Fister too.

AmberLee
02-12-2005, 12:08 AM
{{{Randi and family}}}

Last night I was driving home from a meeting and saw a shooting star ... they are pretty rare around here because of all the light pollution. I was thinking of John/Jonza and how much excitement his presence is bringing to the Rainbow Bridge...

schteve_d
02-12-2005, 02:44 AM
I am not sure if it is appropiate to post or not as I am pretty new here and never had a chance to get to know John (Jonza) but it is pretty clear from all the posts that this was a caring and influential member of this "community". My sincerest regards to you, Randi, and anyone else here touched by John.

K & L
02-12-2005, 11:16 AM
I'm just now seeing this and want to express my deepest sympathies. I'm so sorry to read this.

*LabLoverKEB*
02-12-2005, 12:37 PM
This IS sad news for the Pet Talk community.

:( :( :( I will keep John and his famly in my thoughts, and in my prayers. this is just awful... what a shame. Rest in Peace, John.

persianmom
02-12-2005, 12:50 PM
You and your family are in my prayers :( :( :( :(

Russian Blue
02-12-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
............ As many others have said, words seem so inadequate now.

The brilliance, intelligence, and *love* that Jonza exuded is not gone. Among the archives rest some of the most thoughtful, challenging, and humorous comments ever to grace the boards of pet talk.

We are left with a tremendous ache and know that it is so dim in comparison to what you must be feeling. Please lean on friends, family, and each other for comfort. Of course we will be here to support you, too.

My heart goes out to you. :(

Rest peacefully, John, rest peacefully.

Zippy-Kat summed up the thoughts and feelings well of the PT community. I couldn't have said it better.

I'm so sorry for your loss!

BastetsMum
02-12-2005, 06:37 PM
My sincerest condolences to you and your Randi.

Beautiful forms
as I walk along the seashore
gulls call to distract
as the wind blows
shells have washed upon the shore
gently rolling in the sand
empty of life

I pick one up
and hold it close to my ear
and there is only wind
filling my head
no answers
to where the life has gone
waves break
and the sand shifts beneath my feet

Karen
02-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Schteve, it's perfectly okay for you to post here, I am sure Randi will appreciate it.

I'm just bumping this into "Active Topics" again, because some people may not have seen this.

Nomilynn
02-12-2005, 10:06 PM
I have come back to this thread several times, but after opening it I was at a loss for words, and had to close it again feeling even more contemplative.

I always perked up at the sight of a new "John post." They were always so thought proking. He also had one of the most beautiful commands of the English language I ever had the privilege of reading.

He will truly be missed. For his thoughts, intelligence, wisdom, courtesy and humour.

Hugs to you Randi, and RIP John :(

Kater
02-12-2005, 10:56 PM
As was the case with Naomi and others, I have had difficulty finding words with which to respond to this tragedy. I am in complete shock. :( I enjoyed each and every post of John's that I had the pleasure of reading. He was obviously a very articulate, funny and compassionate man. Now I will go back into the Pet Talk archives and find those posts that I may have missed.

I sent him a private message once in response to a political thread he started in the Dog House. His eloquence and candor affected me so much that I took some political action I may not have otherwise had the courage to do. He was very inspirational and impacted my life as a result. He closed his message with "all the best in a mad world." Now he is beyond this world and its madness and in a much better place.

I offer my deepest condolences to Randi, Fister, your families, and all those who knew and loved this remarkable man. You are all in my prayers.

Karen
02-13-2005, 05:39 PM
Bumping this up one more time for weekend folks.

DJFyrewolf36
02-13-2005, 08:14 PM
I find myself at a loss for words...

I haven't been here too much as of late but the time I've been here I've come to love John's stories and his great sense of humor.

RIP John. You will be missed as a pillar of this community

SANDY FROST
02-13-2005, 11:37 PM
Randi. I'm so sorry for your loss. 65 so young of an age to lose a family member.
I feel for your loss. If you need to cry,laugh or what ever do it. I loss both parents within 4 months of each other. For me crying and talking about it to other people helped me. It has been 7 years since they passed away and I still get junk mail with there name on it. Hang in there.
Sandy Frost:( :)

Cinder & Smoke
02-14-2005, 03:10 AM
As I write this,
it's 10:00 AM in Copenhagen, Denmark...

Soon it will be time for John's Service...

Please <pause> a moment to remember our Dear Friend John...

And say a short Prayer for John, and Randi.

I'm honored to have known you, John...

May God grant you Eternal Rest and Peace,
and Comfort for Randi.

<Amen>

/s/ :( Phred

delidog
02-14-2005, 06:19 AM
Prayer for John

tatsxxx11
02-14-2005, 09:23 AM
Rest in peace, dear John. Randi, all my love to you dear friend. You and John and the entire family are always in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Sandra

jenluckenbach
02-14-2005, 09:31 AM
Just some more {{{{HUGS}}} and thoughts and prayers for Randi.

slick
02-14-2005, 09:49 AM
I sent Randi an email last night loaded with prayers to help her get through this difficult day.

RIP John...you will always be here in spirit.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-14-2005, 10:12 AM
John, I didn't know you that well, mostly because I didn't visit the Dog House that much, but I did love your Fister Tales immensely. I know you were a very special man and I know you will be missed greatly, not only by Randi, Fister and your family, but by your other "family," the Pet Talk family.

Godspeed, John. :(

Randi, know that we are with you as you go through this. Im standing right next to you right now, holding your hand and ready with hugs whenever you need them. :(

Karen
02-14-2005, 10:57 AM
Rest in peace, Sir. Moment of silence for you.

krazyaboutkatz
02-14-2005, 11:02 AM
Randi, I just wanted you to know that you're in my thoughts and prayers today. Please take care.
RIP John.:(

Edwina's Secretary
02-14-2005, 11:03 AM
How appropriate.... on this day devoted to love....a man who loved all creatures and all mankind....and who was so greatly loved in return...

Logan
02-14-2005, 11:05 AM
Couldn't say it better than that, Sara.

We love you, John. And we love you too, Randi and Fister. :)

Andie
02-14-2005, 01:36 PM
I was going to start a thread to complain about being alone on Valentine's Day but I really can't say anything. I didn't know John but I do know that he will be missed. My prayers go out to you Randi

EssTer
02-14-2005, 01:43 PM
OMG.. I just saw it.. I´m really sorry to hear this :(
RIP :( :( :(

Barbara
02-14-2005, 03:00 PM
John and Randi- being at so very different places- my thoughts have been with you not only today but every day since I heard.....

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-15-2005, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
John and Randi- being at so very different places- my thoughts have been with you not only today but every day since I heard.....

Same feelings here... :( :(

*ABYCAT* Alice
02-15-2005, 05:14 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. All my hugs for you, Randi.

Linda York
02-15-2005, 08:13 PM
:( Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends.

Kona & Oreo's mom
02-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Randi, I am so sorry for your loss. I enjoyed so much reading John's stories of Fister's journey into your lives. My condolences and prayers are with you.

Andrea

MULTICATMOM
02-16-2005, 08:08 PM
DEAR RANDI, WORDS SEEM SO INADAQUATE:( :(
LOTS OF (((HUGS))) & PRAYERS FOR YOU AND THE FAMILY.

lizzielou742
02-16-2005, 08:33 PM
Oh, wow. I can't believe I missed this thread. Jonza/John was such an intelligent person. I always enjoyed his political conversation in the Dog House. His opinions and insights always made me think.

This is a shock. :(

mspepper
02-16-2005, 09:57 PM
My condolences to you and your family

patty pepper and dude

kaoK'okung
02-17-2005, 12:14 AM
my condolences....my cats, Zippy and Shy, (and I), pray for you and your family...

todd
02-17-2005, 02:09 AM
My condolences to the family

amoore
02-17-2005, 08:27 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers for your family.
http://img144.exs.cx/img144/8934/avatarpreciouspetsannth6wj.jpg:(

Harmanie
02-17-2005, 04:45 PM
I am so sorry...hugs for you and prayers is all that I can do. I diddn't know John but from what I read, he sounded incredible. I am so sorry for your loss.

snowyowlcat
02-18-2005, 12:57 AM
Oh......such a loss of a warm, crazy, imaginative individual with endless talent and dreams, passing so much on to so many. The stories could not be created by anybody else, they are so amazing.

The loss is great but the memories will be strong, forever. My heart goes out to Randi for your loss. How it would be wonderful to create a book from all of his writings, to carry on the torch so few had, that wonderful imagination. ....

God Bless.

Randi
02-19-2005, 07:33 AM
Dear all!

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for this thread and for the wonderful flowers you sent for John’s funeral – and the beautiful basket of flowers to my home. I have read the messages little by little, they have helped me a lot during these past weeks, and also the e-mails you sent. I’m sure your thoughts and well wishes have made it a little easier.

I have not yet been able to respond, I’m feeling totally drained, and I miss John SO much!! It has been so very hard having to decide how to do all the things so fast. I wanted to it all the right way. These past weeks have been a nightmare!

John had SO many friends, people from 20-30 years ago still contacted him, he was always there to lend his friends things and had time for chat. I don’t think there is anyboby who was loved more, and by everyone.

His son and I have been very busy arranging all the things concerning church, undertaker and a spot for John at the graveyard. The priest we chose is 2 years younger than John and an “old hippie” We talked the first time for 2 hours in his home next to the church. I felt a little better after that. John and I used to cycle past this church quite often, we didn’t like the outside that much, but inside, it was beautiful. John used to like to visit Cathedrals in Spain and liked that kind of music.

When we went to find a spot for him on the graveyard across the road, we had a few rows to choose in between, and as I had almost decided, I went around to look once more. Then I saw the name of a very good friend of ours, on a gravestone, who died 3 years ago and the one next to it was free, so we chose that. He will be next to his old friend. I did put a little something in his pocket, which I’m sure he wanted to have with him.

John’s sister & BIL came over from England also, it was nice to talk and just be together.

Fister misses John a lot too, he just can’t understand it. I have put John’s undershirt on his duvet as he usually lays on, but he keeps looking for him when he hears a sound from outside. In the evenings, he sit and look at his pillow. I’m trying to cope as best as I can for his sake, trying to play more and cuddle, but he doesn’t come up in bed during the night much.

John told me that a few days before he died, Fister came under his duvet that morning 3 times, while he was reading the newspaper – he usually only came up once.

I’m trying to keep things as normal here as possible, I can’t handle any changes right now. I watch the same programmes on TV,,John and I used to, and having Fister in bed next to me, helps a little.

Thank again for all your support, I can’t tell you how much it means to me!

delidog
02-19-2005, 07:45 AM
Oh Randi,
I am glad that you finally responded...
I've been so worried....

Please know that You have a Friend who is Thinking and Praying for you & Dear Fister and Pjeves

I know that John is watching out for you too....

Big Hugs,Dearest Randi!!!

gini
02-19-2005, 11:22 AM
Oh dear Randi.............it is so good to hear from you.

You are well loved here.

Cinder & Smoke
02-19-2005, 11:58 AM
HI, Randi!!

*BIG* {{{HUGS}}}!! ;)

We're here with you - visit whenever you need some comfort...

Here's a <*Skritch*> for Fister.

With Love,

s/s Phred & the FurKids

Karen
02-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Oh, Randi, we are so glad to hear from you again. The decisions that need to be made can be completely overwheling, and I am glad that you are getting through it all.

One day at a time, and we will be here for you each and every one of them. I am glad that, even if Fister doesn't quite understand, he at least has you there to help him, and be his human.

The burial place you picked seems perfect, near a church you both loved, and next to a dear friend. It couldn't be any better than that.

I am glad friends and family were able to gather and help you, and we'll be here for you!

slick
02-19-2005, 12:30 PM
Randi....reading your post has brought tears to my eyes. I'm hurting so much for you and Fister right now...I just wish I could take your pain away. :( :(

I am glad, though, that you have the love and support of family and friends around you. Even though we are so far away from you, just know that our healing vibes and prayers are on their way to you.

Hang on Randi...I know it's going to be a rough ride ahead but you will never be alone.

[[[HUGS]]] and much love
slick xoxoxoxoxoxo

Vio&Juni
02-19-2005, 02:29 PM
Randi, I am glad to hear from you.

I know it's a hard time ahead, but whenever you need us, we're here.

Give some kisses to Fister.

HUGS

kaoK'okung
02-19-2005, 11:28 PM
randi...i'm so sorry...i lost my mom at 63 and my brother at 38, and it was so hard, it still is, there isn't a day that goes by(i'm having trouble typing this, i'm crying so hard) that i don't think of them, memories and photos help a lot and let there be a little comfort in the fact that you now have an angel on your side...i wait tables and when ever i see the number 63(mom) and 38(bro) i think they are with me and it's strange, but i see those numbers an aweful lot...godbless you and fister, have faith and hang in there....

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-20-2005, 11:38 AM
Oh Randi, I'm so glad you responded. I know it's hard, but even just this little gesture of reaching out will help you. Please come back often and feel all the love flowing through these posts to you.

{{{hugs}}}

krazyaboutkatz
02-20-2005, 12:10 PM
Randi, It's so nice to hear from you. I know that you're still devastated and it will be a long time until you feel better but just remember that we all love you here so please come back and post when you can. Please take care and give Fister some extra scritches for me.
{{{{HUGS}}}}http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/smileyhug.gif

Killearn Kitties
02-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Randi, I'ts so wonderful to hear from you. I know that you are going through hell right now but know that we are all here for you. Lots of us know how you feel. We will be here for you whenever you feel like it!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-20-2005, 04:52 PM
(((HUGS))) Randi
It was so good to see you post. We are here for you whenever you need us!

jazzcat
02-22-2005, 10:52 PM
Randi, it's great to see your post.

Know that we are all thinking of you.

NoahsMommy
02-24-2005, 10:55 AM
Randi,

It really is great to see you post. While we've all missed you, our thoughts, prayers and hearts are with you.

Please take care.

((((HUGS)))),
Kelly xoxo

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-25-2005, 06:31 AM
Oh Randi, I am so happy to see you back on PT!! We all missed you so much!! I know you are going through a difficult period now, and I keep you in my prayers!
Lots of hugs for you and for sweety Fister!!

hugs from Inka & Maya too
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/sisters2.jpg

Randi
02-27-2005, 09:05 AM
I have read all of your post and I can’t tell you how much it means to me. MOFF, you are right, some hurts just go too deep for words. :( I miss John terribly!!!

John and I was sometimes talking and joking about when the time came to go, we’d want to go together. Perhaps a very quick plane crash, preferably going BACK from a holiday - and of course, with Fister being taken care of.

The things you have written about John is SO true, it seems that a lot of you got to know him pretty well. He was all of these things - and more. I am thankful to have spent 25 years with him, he was the love of my life, my soulmate and my very best friend. I have learned so much from him! I hope I will find the strengh to go on in his spirit.

Yes, John had a humorous way of looking at things, he was so kind, thoughtful, loving, understanding, honest, generous, warmhearted, funny, sensitive and intelligent man, and he was thought provoking too. He cared a lot about his friends, and loved to make people laugh.

John was also very talented. In his younger days, he worked as a Photographer and made quite a few album covers. The Ten Years After ones are probably the best known. In later years, he worked on his Mac doing maps and illustrations, he was proud of being part of The National Danish Encyclopedia, which he worked on for about 10 years.

I’m not sure John knew that he was so popular here, but I find it a comfort that so many appreciated his posts. I know his stories will be missed here, but I hope he has had an influence on people here - I do believe he has!

Originally posted by Kater
His eloquence and candor affected me so much that I took some political action I may not have otherwise had the courage to do. He was very inspirational and impacted my life as a result.

I forgot to tell you, in the church at the ceremony, an old friend of ours, who we met in 79, played a beautiful song on his guitar for John, “All Across the Universe” by The Beatles.

I have got some photos from John’s grave, and I will post one I took of him not so long ago.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Grave/Johnsgrav2196.jpg
I have later put the PT bouquet with all the flags in in the top left corner.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Grave/ForJohnsgrave198.jpg

There were not room for all the flowers on the grave, so the rest were put on the lawn nearby.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/John/John.jpg

Btw, I found a post on his desktop, I think he intended to post, perhaps I should post it?

delidog
02-27-2005, 09:17 AM
Randi,
What a Beautiful 25 years you shared with John...
Yes,his Talent will never go unrecognized...
It sounds like a beautiful service for John....Across the Universe is a Wonderfully Chosen Song for him....

I know the road ahead is difficult,but again Please Know how many Friends and Supporters you have Here alone...
And Dear Fister is a Great show of Love that you need now...

John will hold a Huge Part of your Heart Forever....
And he will be looking out for You and Dear Fister

We are Here for You,Dearest Randi.....

Big Hugs for You Randi!!

Please PM or e-mail me if theres' anything I can do...

Nicole

slick
02-27-2005, 09:47 AM
Randi,
It warms my heart to see you posting again. I know the pain is still very real; I wish to God I could take it all away.

Wow, 25 wonderful years together; how lucky you were to find a friend, a soulmate and a life-partner all combined into one beautiful person. May your happy memories bring you comfort.

Thank you for posting pictures of the flowers. What a wonderful and loving service it must have been and I just love that picture of him. Funny, I look at his face and all I can see is gentleness. I sure wished I'd known him better.

Big hugs to you and kisses and headbumpies to Fister. I pray that the words we put down here will give you strength in the days to come.

With love always
slick
xoxo

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-27-2005, 10:35 AM
The flowers are beautiful, Randi!! Thanks for posting a picture of those! Also thanks for this great picture of John.... :) !

Randi, about that tread you found, I am sure that eveybody on PT would appreciate John's last thread so very much! So, if you feel ready for it, please go ahead posting it.

http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20973%20Huge_hug.gif

ps. Randi, I hope you saw and liked the picture I made wit John & Fister on it?

kaoK'okung
02-27-2005, 12:25 PM
randi, the flowers are so beautiful!!!!....i really wish that i had had a chance to have known john, with all of the posts that i have read, i know that he truly was a very special and wonderful human being....i do know how hard it is to cope with the loss of someone so close to you, it is very hard, but with the help of fister, friends and family you will get through this randi...after my mother and brother passed away, my sisters took flowers from the funeral and dried and pressed them and put them in a picture frame, also they took some of my mom's and brother's favorite sweaters and made pillows out of them, and these things i really cherish now...i hope this helps to ease some of your pain, hang in there randi...

momoffuzzyfaces
03-03-2005, 01:28 PM
I love that picture of John!
Thanks for sharing him with us.

To everyone who wants to look: Randi posted a thread on cat general that John had on his computer. It will make your heart smile! ;)

ramanth
03-04-2005, 02:14 PM
*HUGS*

What beautiful flowers. And thank you for sharing that picture of John.

Josh4Colts
03-05-2005, 11:03 AM
that is sad

bluekat
03-05-2005, 07:52 PM
Oh Randi, the flowers are just beautiful!!:) {{hugs}} Thank you for sharing the pictures with us.