PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday, my girls.. *with pics*

GoldenRetrLuver
02-08-2005, 11:29 PM
I hope you guys don't mind if I post this a little early. Molly's 4th Birthday is tomorrow, February 9th, and Daisy's 3rd Birthday is the next day, on February 10th.

-------

My beautiful girls.. I wish it were possible to find words that describe how much both of you mean to me, but it just isn't.

You have both taught me so much.. from the responsibility and commitment that comes with owning a dog, to just how easily it is to fall in love with one (or should I say in this case, two).

Molly, my sweet, sweet Collie girl. You sure had a rough start in life, but I promise you that you will never, ever end up in that kind of situation again. Most of you know the story of how Molly came to be in my life, so I won't repeat myself. Every time I gaze into those loyal, loving eyes of yours, I know that each "issue" we've had to help you overcome was worth it. You were the first puppy that I had the pleasure of raising, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. You may not be the best bred dog, be the friendliest, or be "show quality", but I love you with all my heart and wouldn't trade you for the world.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/FaKiNgReAliTy/f5424782.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/FaKiNgReAliTy/f540a281.jpg

Daisy, my precious little girl. My angel. My life. My "perfect dog". You are everything that I could have ever possibly asked for in a dog and much, much more. You've seen me in my happiest times, as well as my worst times. You've always been a shoulder to cry on, and someone to lick away my tears. When I've had a bad day, all I have to do is spend a moment with you playing fetch, or snuggling up on the couch and I forget why I was even sad or upset in the first place. You've made the teen years for me so much more easier to bare and get through. I've enjoyed teaching you the many tricks you've come to know, as well as watching you grow up from an adorable, curious puppy, to the gorgeous, intelligent dog you've become. You're my best friend, and I can honestly, truthfully say that I don't know what I would do without you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/FaKiNgReAliTy/Daisypupp0003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/FaKiNgReAliTy/f5aa5fe1.jpg

I wrote this poem a few years ago and dedicated it to them, and it's a little cheesy, but I thought I'd share it with you guys anyway.

The day you walked into my life,
You became very special to me,
It's like all time had stopped for us,
I had forgotten how to breathe.

You were such a playful puppy,
As happy as can be,
I just knew right from the start,
How precious you would be to me.

You comfort me through sad times,
Just like a friend would do,
Every night I thank God,
For bringing me to you.

Years go by but that doesn't change a thing,
It just makes my love for you grow stronger,
And appreciate what life brings.

It's true you’re getting older,
But things will stay the same,
In my heart there is a place for you,
That will never break nor fade.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/FaKiNgReAliTy/Daisymollypuppy0002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/FaKiNgReAliTy/fa3d816a.jpg

I love you so, so much my girls, and I hope to have you both for many, many more years to come. Happy Birthday, sweethearts.

Shelteez2
02-08-2005, 11:30 PM
Well it's about time you posted some pics! ;) :p

Happy Whelp-Day girls.

wolfsoul
02-08-2005, 11:37 PM
Happy birthday!

Nice pics and poem. :)

Corinna
02-08-2005, 11:47 PM
Happy Birthday girls . We all know that wordless feeling.

Glacier
02-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Happy Birthday pretty girls!

popcornbird
02-08-2005, 11:51 PM
What a sweet, touching thread!!!! May you be blessed with many MANY more wonderful years with your two special girls, who obviously mean more than the world to you. They're both beautiful, and amongst the most beautiful dogs I've ever 'known'.

vinjashira
02-09-2005, 04:45 AM
Happy Birthday Molly and Daisy! :)

chocolatepuppy
02-09-2005, 04:59 AM
Happy Birthday Molly and Daisy! You're such beautiful girls. Hope you both have great ones! :D

PJ's Mom
02-09-2005, 11:22 AM
Happy Birthday, girls! :)

K9soul
02-09-2005, 11:25 AM
Beautiful poem, not cheesy at all! Happy birthday, beautiful precious sweet girls. It's hard to find the words to say how special you both are, but your Mom did a wonderful job of it.

Julie, please give both those girls hugs and kisses from me. I'd love to see more pictures of them too :)

tatsxxx11
02-09-2005, 11:50 AM
Oh Julie...I got all teary reading your beautiful poem, your heartfelt, loving tribute to your beloved furkids! As Jess has said, the deep, unconditional love we hold in our hearts for our furkids, the joy they bring to our lives, is hard to express adequately, but you did a great job Julie:) Now on to the congrats....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL MOLLY AND DAISY!:):):) Sandra, Star and Cody send you lots of big, warm hugs, happy tail wags and slurpy licks!:D Enjoy your special day, ladies!:)

DogLover9501
02-09-2005, 12:24 PM
Happy Birthday, Beautiful Girls!!!!!

Julie, the poem is beautiful!
Please give Molly and Daisy a big hug and kiss for me :)

pitc9
02-09-2005, 12:54 PM
What a lovely touching post about your sweet girls.
I'm sure they are every bit as glad to have you as you are to have them.

I hope you three spend lots of time together cuddling and smooching for their birthday's!!!

ParNone
02-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Happy B-day Molly and Daisy!! Tell your mom, she did a great job on your tributes.

If there's cake, Oz, Gully and Murph said to save'em a piece. Murph wants an end piece with lots of frosting. ;)

Par...

luvofallhorses
02-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Happy birthday gorgeous girls :D

petslover
02-09-2005, 02:37 PM
aww. That was sweet..

Happy Birthday!! I hope ya'll gets lot of goodies and cough cough pictures lol!!!

Dixieland Dancer
02-09-2005, 02:46 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLS! You are both blessed to be in such a loving home with a mom who expresses her love for you so very eloquently!

Enjoy your special day(s)!

LuckiLab03
02-09-2005, 02:53 PM
Happy beautiful beautiful girls! Hope you enjoy your birthdays! :)

Buddy Blaze Lover
02-09-2005, 03:20 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOLLY AND DAISY!! ;) You two have grown up into such beautiful ladies! I know your mom loves you a lot, and you girls deserve the best!:)

GoldenRetrLuver
02-09-2005, 07:22 PM
Aw, thanks everyone. :)

Yep, we'll be having "cake", and they'll also be opening a few presents. Pictures will hopefully be posted sometime soon.

Kfamr
02-09-2005, 07:29 PM
Happy Birthday to two beauties! :)

flamepony12
02-09-2005, 07:53 PM
what a nice poem! Both of them have grown into such gorgeous girls.

♥Happy birthday, Molly and Daisy!!♥
:D

bluekat
02-09-2005, 08:28 PM
Happy Birthday Molly & Daisy!!:D Hope you two get spoiled rotten today:p Hehe

GoldenRetrLuver
02-11-2005, 07:13 PM
Thank you guys!

New pictures will hopefully be posted sometime this weekend. :)

manda_moo87
02-11-2005, 07:34 PM
What a beautiful thread, and gosh are those puppy pictures sweet. :) Happy Birthday Molly & Daisy!

RobiLee
02-11-2005, 07:44 PM
Ohhh, I missed this. :o I'm so sorry Molly and Daisy.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TWO VERY GORGEOUS GIRLS!!!!

Molly and Daisy, I hope you both had very special days with lots of love. I'm so glad that you both are a part of Pet Talk.

Hugs and Kisses....Robin :)

P.S. Can't wait to see the pics!

shais_mom
02-12-2005, 12:23 AM
Happy Birthday sweeties!

wolfie
02-12-2005, 07:54 AM
Happy birthday girls!