PDA

View Full Version : Reputable Bully breeder in Canada

sammy101
02-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Just wondering if anyone know's of any reputable Bull Terrier breeders in Canada?? Preferably in B.C &/or Alberta.Yes,i am planning on getting a Bully when i get out of the house.Theyre very rare to find in shelters,but i would rather rescue than buy one.But i would like to know of some good breeders.
i found this breeder,and they sound wonderful.Tell me what you think.
http://www.itsmysite.com/cgi-bin/itsmy/go.exe?page=11&domain=1&webdir=kem

wolfsoul
02-08-2005, 03:23 PM
The only other breeder I know of in BC besides the one you just mentioned is Bullistic Bull terriers. They are un Surrey. Here is their email. [email protected]

Jynnelle has emailed them once before, and personally, I wouldn't buy a pup from them. Their pups are $1000 and you aren't allowed to spay/neuter the dog because it will be co-owned. If at any time the breeders wish to use your dog for breeding, they will do just that.

There is another breeder in Westbank, Lookin Kennels, but I have called the breeder and talked to her on the phone before. I would defainatly not buy from her. Her dogs are not health certified. I asked "Do they have their hips certified?" She says, "Oh no, that is for German shepherds." "Do they have their CERF?" "Their what?" "Their eyes.." "No, that is for shar peis." "Their BAER?" "What?" "Are their ears certified?!" "No, we don't have any ear problems. That test is for dalmatians and australian shepherds." Riiight. She said that she feeds them different foods all the time -- right then, they were on President's Choice. So I assuem she feeds them whatever is on sale or cheapest. And she said that her dogs do not participate in any conformation or sports, and she only has one female. Her son owns the male. The female was also too young to be bred at the time. So I'd stay away from them!

Vette
02-08-2005, 03:35 PM
I dont have any real advise.. but have you tried petfinder.com ? ive heard good things about them.

wolfsoul
02-08-2005, 03:45 PM
Here is HugABull (http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/BC101.html), a rescue in Vancouver. The specialize in bully breeds, and they sometimes get bull terriers. Infact they have a bull terrier up for adoption right now. Too bad you aren't out of the house already, hm? ;) lol.

http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/BC101/BC101.3764956-1-x.jpg
http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/BC101/BC101.3764956-2-x.jpg

sammy101
02-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Vette
I dont have any real advise.. but have you tried petfinder.com ? ive heard good things about them.

Yup!i Look on there all the time!:)

and what gorgoues boy!!:D He's adorable!!I would rather rescue than buy a pup.Hopefully,they'll have a gorgeous boy/girl when i decide to get my Bully!!:D

Bullistic
02-03-2006, 01:35 PM
The only other breeder I know of in BC besides the one you just mentioned is Bullistic Bull terriers. They are un Surrey. Here is their email. [email protected]

Jynnelle has emailed them once before, and personally, I wouldn't buy a pup from them. Their pups are $1000 and you aren't allowed to spay/neuter the dog because it will be co-owned. If at any time the breeders wish to use your dog for breeding, they will do just that.

There is another breeder in Westbank, Lookin Kennels, but I have called the breeder and talked to her on the phone before. I would defainatly not buy from her.

Found this wonderful site today, and just happened to see the post about us. But...I would like to clarify something here. I do NOT sell all pups on a breeding contract. I will sell on a co-ownership until such time a pup sold as a pet is spayed or neutered! I will not sell to anyone wanting to just breed. We place pups VERY carefully. And we breed even more carefully!!! We research pedigree's, health tests, etc. We look for the best stud for the bitch we want to breed at the time.

Just as a case in point...we had a litter last fall, in which there were 3 girls. Now...we bred our girl to a UK import that lives in LA, and we had a nice litter. However...the 3 girls in that litter were ok...but not what I would consider exceptional, so all 3 sold as pets. NEVER to be bred, as stated in the contracts (that also have health guarantees)! If there is a bitch in a litter that is exceptional...she will only be placed in a show/breeding home.

As for the breeder in Westbank...I believe she has given up!!! Great news as far as I'm concerned, because I have spoken with this woman a few times, and your right...she really does not get it!

Irene Morden
Bullistic Bull Terriers Perm Reg'd

buttercup132
02-03-2006, 01:56 PM
We have been trying to find a reputable Bully breeder for a LONG time and havn't really had any luck. Were not getting another dog though until well..my other guys have passed on. We were actually going to buy one a couple years back without my dad knowing for his birthday..but we never did.I also live in Canada it's hard. :eek: There was one in the paper for sale! I always look in the classified section just to see the pets there and saw that it also said in brackets (not banned) :rolleyes: I dont even think they are banned where I live anyways..wich is GOOD!!!

Alysser
02-03-2006, 02:28 PM
I don't really like the fact that they put prices first thing.

Bullistic
02-03-2006, 02:31 PM
We have been trying to find a reputable Bully breeder for a LONG time and havn't really had any luck. Were not getting another dog though until well..my other guys have passed on. We were actually going to buy one a couple years back without my dad knowing for his birthday..but we never did.I also live in Canada it's hard. :eek: There was one in the paper for sale! I always look in the classified section just to see the pets there and saw that it also said in brackets (not banned) :rolleyes: I dont even think they are banned where I live anyways..wich is GOOD!!!

A good place to start is contacting the CKC for breeders. Another place is contacting the Bull Terrier Club of America at www.btca.com. Also do a google search for the Bull Terrier Club of Canada. Another is going to some shows, talking to the terrier people there to see if they know of any breeders in your area. There are not many breeders in Canada, or the US, and we tend to be protective, so don't really get out there. We have been recently talking among us breeders, and many of us feel that the only way to fight puppy brokers, or mills is to do some advertising, get web pages going etc.

There was recently someone running ads in the local papers here...a puppy broker!!! So I ran an ad showing a pic of a bully and just saying that for further info on the breed to contact us. This puppy broker was involved in many different breeds, but one was the bull terrier.

Most BSL does not include the bull terrier, although some places do include it. In the lower mainland Coquitlam includes the Bt and they are to be muzzled!!! This is an old by law that needs to be updated.

If you'd like info on breeders in your area, let me know.
Irene Morden

lute
02-03-2006, 04:58 PM
how much longer until you move out of the house? i know you've wanted a bull terrier just as bad as i wanted a great dane. :)

sammy101
02-03-2006, 05:29 PM
lol i was really surprised to see this :eek: I would prefer to rescue but they arent too popular is rescues/shelters.I have 2 more years of highschool,and plus university,so i still have a while to go.I doubt there will be a chance i'll get a bull when i'm still home,but you never know.My parents know i want a bully,and they like them but i think 3 is too much for us.These 2 are quite a handfull,lol.
Bullistic,thankyou for posting.I'm still looking into breeders,and hopefully some will have older dogs to be adopted out.

animal_rescue
02-03-2006, 05:36 PM
I'll ask a friend, she has two Bullys and lives in Canada.

Bullistic
02-03-2006, 08:08 PM
If you go to www.btca.com you'll see a link for the bull terrier rescue organization. It's important to know that alot of times if it's a case of a rescue they may want them placed in a one dog family home. It all depends on the dogs themselves, and of course the owners as to how they would all get along. We have 6 bullies...they get along well...but we have had a couple of very minor "arguements". Never anything that has gone beyond alot of noise...so no broken skin.

Also keep checking some of the other rescue sites, like the previous mentioned Hugabulls. I've worked with them on a several occasions and they are great!

Irene Morden