PDA

View Full Version : Lizzie & Robbie to whitecoats :-(

sirrahbed
02-08-2005, 09:31 AM
I left Lizzie & Robbie at the vet at 7:30am to have their neuter and spay. They were supposed to go to surgery at 9 or 9:30. That means they are probably being worked on, or maybe even done by now:rolleyes: After all my kitties, you'd think I would not worry!! I was not even going to post about - it - no big deal...
I can call after 12 to check on them and they can come home after 4pm. I miss my babies:(
Please say a prayer that everything goes well and no problems. I keep worrying - especially about Robbie. He is my momma's boy and I want him home with me:rolleyes:

catnapper
02-08-2005, 09:33 AM
Good luck you two precious babies! I know they'll be fine! Harry, Abby, and Katrina were all recently done and everyone is just fine! Still you feel compelled to worry even though you KNOW they'll be fine! {{{HUGS}}}

sirrahbed
02-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Emily is visibly worried about her babies!!! She has not eaten and keeps wandering around the house looking for them!!! She has checked everywhere and keeps sniffing the little fleece condom bed they like. I had taken it to the laundry rooom to wash but then decided they might like it with their scent...This is pathetic. She takes her mommy role seriously. I wish you guys could see her:rolleyes:

She is making ME nervous!! I hope she does not mess with Lizzie's stitches. I think I will have to keep BOTH of them away from the stitches.

catlover4ever
02-08-2005, 09:36 AM
I'm sure the babies will be just fine....but it's amazing how much we worry about them when they are gone.

{{{hugs}}}---Meg

Laura's Babies
02-08-2005, 09:46 AM
One thing we all seem to forget that ANY surgery is serious business... THAT is why we all worry and I will be pacing the floor with you until they come home... I don't care if you have 50 of these babies, when one of them is out of the house, it leaves a void that only that one can fill.

So sweet that Emily is concered that her "babies" are not there, don't you hate it when they miss the one that is gone and are so pitiful? Chester always walks through the house, calling for the girls when I take them to Kevlins and once he realizes they are gone, he stick to me like glue. He really misses them and he is the BIG GUY of the bunch. Shower Emily with all the extra attention she can handle until they get back.

catnapper
02-08-2005, 09:50 AM
Could you ask the vet for surgical glue instead of tradtional stitches? Tell them you are worried your other cat will groom them out. It might not be too late to have them do that.

chrangharris
02-08-2005, 10:23 AM
How sweet of Emily to look for her babies! We are praying for Robbie and Lizzie!!

Killearn Kitties
02-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Good luck babies! I'm sure you will be fine and come back safe and sound.

Debbie, Is that a lampshade Robbie is wearing on his head in your new signature? :D

sirrahbed
02-08-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties

Debbie, Is that a lampshade Robbie is wearing on his head in your new signature? :D

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/crazy/071.gif I never noticed that!!! Funny Karen! Yup - my baby Robbie with a lampshade on his head - lighted up, too:D

jazzcat
02-08-2005, 11:06 AM
Aww, hopefully they are out and already awake preparing to come home in a few hours. I'll be watching for updates Debbie.

DogLover9501
02-08-2005, 11:13 AM
Debbie, I've been thinking about Lizzie & Robbie all morning, as I read in another post of yours that today was spay/neuter day!

It's definatly a big deal, and we all still worry every time, if we have 1 cat or 10 cats! The waiting is horrible too ;)

I'll keep them in my thoughts, there better be some pictures when you get your babies back home to you :D

christa
02-08-2005, 11:16 AM
I'm nervous for you! I hope they did alright!

Count yourself lucky that you don't have to leave them over night! My vet is keeping Brodie for 2 nights and it's already killing me! And he doesn't go until next Monday!

:(

Keep us posted!

gini
02-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Worry warts...........all of us. But you just can't help it when you love your fur babies so much.

They are our family too.......and we want them well, healthy and full of the devil - normal.

I know Lizzie and Robbie will be fine............but we will all sit here and worry with you!

Feel better?

molucass
02-08-2005, 11:49 AM
Good luck to your sweet kitties! I know they will do fine. :)

luckies4me
02-08-2005, 12:15 PM
I know how you feel! Freckles went to the vets last night and is in surgery right now being spayed. I hope all goes well. It's fine to worry. :p

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Try not to worry to much; I am sure they will be fine :)

NoahsMommy
02-08-2005, 03:16 PM
Any updates on your super cute little patients??

I'm sure everything went fine and they both won over the vet staff with their complete cuteness. :)

Kiss and headbumpies to them when they get home. Gently, of course. ;)

Emily...you are a doll!! :)

jazzcat
02-08-2005, 03:25 PM
Anxiously awaiting an update...

:)

catnapper
02-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Its 4:30 now... where is Debbie and the babies?

christa
02-08-2005, 04:31 PM
I wanna hear some news!!! Where's Debbie???

DEBBIE??? WHERE ARE YOU???

I wanna know how those babies did!

(anxiously waiting . . . )

sirrahbed
02-08-2005, 04:42 PM
Hi and THANK YOU for helping me worry:rolleyes: I know I had lots of help. Chris and I picked up the babies at 45 minutes ago and I've been home about a half hour now.

Emily HISSED at Lizzie first thing and now Lizzie is hiding under the bed:( She won't come out and we can't reach her (king bed) I guess she smells funny - I NEVER saw Emily hiss before:eek:

Robbie is being a velcro snuggle baby and is all over me. He does cry out now and then though - weird?? He will sit down, get up and then cry. Then plays again. Guess things are sore:(

I am just so glad they did not spend the night. I thought I was past the worry thing but do it the same as all the other furkids and skinkids. I guess it is my specialty.

Anyway - THANKYOU again for the worry buddies:D Cass - hope all went well with Freckles.

OH! I forgot to tell you about their weights:eek: Lizzie is 5 pounds-4 ounces and Robbie is 7 pounds-14 ounces - just short of 8 pounds. :eek: I knew he was big, but that is about the same as Eliot now.

OK I am off to talk to Liz under the bed. Back later to catch up with the news of the day.:)

sirrahbed
02-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
I'm sure everything went fine and they both won over the vet staff with their complete cuteness. :)

When I picked them up. they told me "that Robbie is a stinker isn't he?" and I am NO - he is my GOOD one!!! They said no, Lizzie was such a doll but Robbie fussed at everyone who came near - hollered about everything:rolleyes: He is not usually vocal about anything. Hmmmpf!!

Lizzie probably won them over with her looks. Figures!

Robbie is NO STINKER:eek: He just prefers his momma:D

jazzcat
02-08-2005, 05:45 PM
I'm so glad they are back home with you now.

WOW - almost 8 pounds!:eek: :eek: :eek: He's huge!

You should do some comparison photos so we can get an idea of how big they all are. Take a picture of each of your cats beside a can of soup or something common we all know the size of.

Robbie the nawtee one, LOL.

kimlovescats
02-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Just now seeing this thread as hubby was home again today and we went out gallavanting! So glad to hear "our" babies did so well with their snips and tucks! Give them both kissies from their foster mommy!!!;)

catnapper
02-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Whew, glad to hear they are home. Lizzie, come out from under that bed NOW young lady!

How old are they now? I lost count! :D

christa
02-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Oh good! I'm so glad to hear that they're back and doing well. Poor Lizzie . . . just let her hide . . . she's been through a lot today! And Robbie crying reminds me of Brodie . . . I figure he'll be like that when I bring him home . . . he's already like that a lot . . . crys to be held! :rolleyes:

rg_girlca
02-08-2005, 10:49 PM
I'm glad to hear that all went well and the babies are back home.
It's normal for Emily to hiss. Nasty old vet smells will do it everytime. Hopefully tomorrow she will be back to being mama to the kiddies again.:D

Laura's Babies
02-08-2005, 11:00 PM
Awwwww, the babies are home.. I have checked in off and on since noon, worried about Miss Beautiful Eyes and Little (er-ugh... BIG little) Snuggle buddie. Glad they are home and almost back to normal...

shais_mom
02-08-2005, 11:55 PM
I am glad they came thru so well!!!
Gentle hugs to both of them!

krazyaboutkatz
02-09-2005, 12:39 AM
I'm glad that everything went well and I hope that they both recover quickly.:) It sure sounds like Robbie is going to be a very large boy.:eek:

gini
02-09-2005, 01:37 AM
I know that when I took Annie and Emma in to be spayed I worried so much about them both.

Even though they were so happy to be home, you could just tell they weren't feeling their best.

What got to me especialy were the "looks" I got..........Mom, what have you done?

But I was comforted that they were soon back to normal and demanding as ever. I also knew that no more unwanted kittens would be born.........as they had. I had done the right thing.

I know that soon the news from Lizzie and Robbie will be as though nothing has happened.

All will be forgiven and forgotten and it will be LET THE PLAY BEGIN!

My hat is off to another good Mom!