PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please :(:(:(

dogs_4_me
02-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Please pray for my dad, he is in the hospital tonight. My mom is giving me any details for some reason and so I don't know to much, please pray for him. I dont know what I would do with out him:(

Karen
02-07-2005, 10:21 PM
We'll add your dad to our prayers.

gini
02-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Of course, you have my prayers. I will pray that it is nothing serious and you will soon have your Dad back home again with you.

luvofallhorses
02-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Of course he'll be added to my prayer list.(((((BIG HUGS))))))

slick
02-07-2005, 10:56 PM
Dogz, I'm so sorry to hear the news. Please know that you and your family are in my prayers. I know how special Dad's can be. Do you live close by? Can you go and see him? Please, please keep us updated.

hugs
slick xo

dogs_4_me
02-07-2005, 11:08 PM
well he is out of the hospital now but he needs to go back tomorrow morning. They think he may be diabetic :( He also has recently developed a cut on his elbow that is now infected and the infection has spread. I dont know anything else, i just talked to him briefly :(

krazyaboutkatz
02-07-2005, 11:11 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care.

gini
02-07-2005, 11:12 PM
This is now not such alarming news. Your pups have probably been feeling your stress..........can you go give them a good tummy rub and a few ear scritches? It would do you a world of good too.

We will continue to say prayers for your Dad though.

mei
02-07-2005, 11:19 PM
He will in my prayer and hold him will better soon

Corinna
02-07-2005, 11:35 PM
Prayers from Montana.

slick
02-07-2005, 11:38 PM
Very distressing indeed, however, be assured that diabetes can be controlled though a number of options. A friend of mine recently went into hospital at Christmastime with what we thought was the flu and it ended up as Type 2 diabetes. He's now totally under control and feeling great and has more energy than before.

As for the infection, I hope that antibiotics will do the trick. More prayers on the way and I'll be watching for a positive update. Hang in there Dogz. We are here for you 24/7.

slick
xo

slleipnir
02-07-2005, 11:51 PM
My bro has diabetes, and he is doing fine. quoted from a website "Finding out you have diabetes is scary. But don't panic. Diabetes is serious, but people with diabetes can live long, healthy, happy lives." besides, I believe older people sometimes get the 'less' serious type where it can be controlled by pills and such...

Anyway, I hope it's nothing at all. Prayers will be sent from my way

dogs_4_me
02-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Well we now found out he has cellulitis, which is a form of flesh eating disease :eek: :(

Lexi_Lover
02-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Oh no! I hope your father gets better! Prayers are coming I promise! :(

PJ's Mom
02-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Eek! :eek:

Hopefully they caught it in time and he'll be just fine soon. :)

tatsxxx11
02-08-2005, 02:27 PM
Both condtions are very treatable, though I know how scary it is to learn your Dad is sick for any reason! You're dealing with a lot of news right now, and I'm sure your feeling confused and scared so make sure you take care of yourself too...and go to your Mom for talk and reassuarance and of course, the furry ones who are our best consolers:) Keeping your entire family in my prayers. Hugs to you! Please keep us updated. Love, Sandra

luvofallhorses
02-08-2005, 02:45 PM
:eek: I hope they catch it early..*hugs*

aly
02-08-2005, 02:48 PM
My prayers are with your dad and your family. I know how scary medical problems can be.

I have diabetes so if he is diagnosed with it, please feel free to email or pm me with any questions at all.

petslover
02-08-2005, 03:13 PM
I Hope everything goes okay with him. Good Luck and he is in my prayers.

AbbyMom
02-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Special prayers for your dad tonight.

shutterbug0303
02-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Oh, I'm so super sorry to hear of this. I am not familiar with the disease. Hopefully it is totally treatable and your dad will be in tip-top shape in no-time. Prayers lifted <><

Soapets
02-08-2005, 08:57 PM
Hi. He is in my prayers, also, and I am in a ChristCare group at my church that meets Sunday evenings every-other-week, and we offer prayers for prayer requests, so I will include him in our prayers this week as well. I am familiar with Cellulitis, and it can be successfully treated with antibiotics usually. Sometimes the person who has it has to be hospitalized for IV antibiotics until it starts responding. Diabetes might complicate it, and vice-versa, but things should work out with good doctors, and PRAYERS, etc.

I think it is probably a lot scarier for you when no-one tells you what is going on, than when you are included and are told about things. At least if you are aware of what is going on you can understand it a little better, and/or know what to pray for, etc.

How old are you---do you still live at home with your parents? Does your mom think you're too young to be told what's going on, etc.? Maybe you can talk to her, and tell her it scares you more when you aren't included in the discussion than if you are told what is happening, so you don't have to wonder, and worry about the worst, etc. Maybe that would help her understand why it would be better to let you in on things a little more. I bet she would be proud of you for asking for prayers, too. I know I would be if you were my daughter!

Take care, and know you aren't alone...... there are LOTS of people out here praying for your dad, and for you, and for your mom too! Hang in there......

dogs_4_me
02-09-2005, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Soapets
[B]
I think it is probably a lot scarier for you when no-one tells you what is going on, than when you are included and are told about things. At least if you are aware of what is going on you can understand it a little better, and/or know what to pray for, etc.

Yes, I think it is alot worse when she doesn't tell me things as well. Even when she did mention some details she totally down played the situation which is really frustrating.

[B] do you still live at home with your parents? Does your mom think you're too young to be told what's going on, etc.? Maybe you can talk to her, and tell her it scares you more when you aren't included in the discussion than if you are told what is happening, so you don't have to wonder, and worry about the worst, etc. Maybe that would help her understand why it would be better to let you in on things a little more. I bet she would be proud of you for asking for prayers, too. I know I would be if you were my daughter[QUOTE]

Yes I still live at home and I guess my mom was just trying to protect me :rolleyes: I didn't even attempt to talk to her, she was complelty drunk for the rest of the night anyhow :rolleyes: :mad: :(

slick
02-09-2005, 06:46 PM
she was complelty drunk for the rest of the night anyhow
This disturbs me, hon. I don't want to pry but I hope you are "safe" in that environment.

More prayers coming out to you and your Dad.

dogs_4_me
02-09-2005, 06:54 PM
slick, thanks for your concern however I am safe in this environment and it's her choice. I've tried talking to her about this but not much came out of it.

rizzy
02-09-2005, 07:04 PM
I am praying for your dad, and that everything goes well! Please keep us updated.

cookieluver7
02-09-2005, 07:12 PM
Lauren,

I'm sorry your dad is in the hospital and I will be praying for him. I also hope that your mom will let you know what's going on. It's harder to not know things and wonder what's going on than it is to know what's really happening. If you ever need to talk to somebody, please pm me or e-mail me. {{{HUGS}}}