PDA

View Full Version : I cannot believe this is happening...

Tonya
02-07-2005, 07:16 PM
As you all know my son Jaden has severe asthma and allergies. Well, out of the blue, he got very sick yesterday. I took him to a different doctor then usual because I needed the soonest appointment possible. I explained to her that I will probably be having a baby this week, so I needed to get him on antibiotics as soon as possible. She told me that she wants to give his body a few weeks to fight it off first. I explained calmly that I understand her point of view, but I know my son. Once he gets sick, if it isn't taken care of ASAP, it winds up lasting for several months. And on top of that, if we don't get rid of this illness, he won't be able to see his baby brother. She wouldn't budge.

So we left with nothing. AND then, my friend calls, who has been spending alot of time over here lately and tells me that she has pneumonia. OMFG! We are especially in deep doo doo if Jaden has pneumonia. So, we're going back to the Dr. tomorrow to test him.

As far as the baby goes...I got the ultrasound today. His estimated weight is currently 8 lbs 3 oz. Estimated birth weight 9.5 lbs. I see the doctor Wednesday to review the ultrasound results and see about inducing.

moosmom
02-07-2005, 07:32 PM
Hang in there Tonya!! How about going to a walk-in clinic for Jaden? At least they'll be able to prescribe something for his problem. Sometimes doctors are such a$$holes. You're sick NOW. Why do they make you wait 2 weeks for an appointment. It just baffles me!

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-08-2005, 03:06 AM
OMG, that is so irresponsible of that doctor :mad: !! Cannot he/she that this is different from other cases? I would go to emergency too! Thay HAVE TO take Jaden then!!!

Good luck with giving birth, Tonya!!

catnapper
02-08-2005, 06:37 AM
OMG... surely she sees you are ready to have a baby and responsible doctors know you have to make sure the new baby won't be exposed to germs.

I can't believe Tyler isn't here yet! Good luck tonya!

Tonya
02-08-2005, 11:24 AM
I just looked at him this morning and the blood vessels in his eyes are all popped. They're all red! Why would that be? His appointment is in an hour and a half, but it's bugging me. :(

Karen
02-08-2005, 11:31 AM
That can be from coughing, the extra strain. It's not serious, it sometimes just happens, and it will heal.

Hang in there, Tonya. A month from now this will all be a distant memory.

popcornbird
02-08-2005, 12:44 PM
Poor Jaden! Poor you!!! Prayers that everything turns out just fine. Best of luck with Tyler's delivery too.