PDA

View Full Version : Real men admit they LOVE cats

jenluckenbach
02-07-2005, 03:03 PM
I saw this on a t-shirt at the cat show over the weekend. I loved it, but I can now tell you that I am living it.......My charlie is so special I wanted to share with you what he did.

This morning I was informed that Charlie will be out of work as of March 10th. :( He has known for weeks, but did not tell me because he knew I would fret about the money to be spent on Rutherford's surgery. And he wanted to make sure Rutherford was taken care of. :) Charlie said that Rutherford is worth it, and and that he loves the kitties.

Gosh, if I never did anything right in my life, I did right by loving this man. :D

slick
02-07-2005, 03:12 PM
You are one lucky lady Jen. Don't ever take it for granted. Some of us are still waiting.......

Logan
02-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Jen, your Charlie is one special fellow. :) Bless his heart. I do hope that something even better will come along for him quickly.

Logan

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Oh Jen, your hubbie is really VERY special!!
I hope for Charlie that he will find another good job really soon!!

http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20973%20Huge_hug.gif
this hug is for both of you :)

ramanth
02-07-2005, 03:21 PM
Yay for men who love kitties. :D

catnapper
02-07-2005, 04:05 PM
Yes Jen, he is truly a keeper... one in a million! He'll find a job in no time and it'll be BETTER with a NICER boss. And you'll be wondering what took him so long to switch jobs :D

rg_girlca
02-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Does Charlie have any brothers, exactly like him?;)

I'm glad you have yourself one special guy there Jen.:)

Prayers on the way that Charlie finds another job real soon.

sirrahbed
02-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Oh Jen - that is such a sweet thing to hear about!! Charlie is just wonderful to do that!! I hope he finds a new job very quickly - where he will be happier than before!!

Hurray for men like this!! I have one too and he is such a blessing!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/smilies/heartbeat.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/smilies/heartbeat.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/smilies/heartbeat.gif

jenluckenbach
02-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Well, we won't be totally out on the street, he will be getting 20 hours work (more if we pray REAL hard) at a job that he has had VERY part time for many, many years. See, when he got this full time job (the one he is now losing) he did not quit his last job. He just drastically cut hours. They have agreed to give him enough hours for him to get benefits (health insurance is ALL I care about). So we will be hurting (as our every day expences already take up so much money that we never put any into savings) but we won't lose the house. Poor Charlie is 60 though, a difficult time to be finding work, and retirement is OUT of the question. We simply would not make it.

I must say, I am very scared right now. But things could be worse.

Laura's Babies
02-07-2005, 07:39 PM
Wow.... see why I am still single...... all the good ones are already taken!

That was such a sweet unselfish thing to do.

slick
02-07-2005, 07:56 PM
must say, I am very scared right now.
Big hugs to you and Charlie, Jen. I can understand why you feel that way. I'm staring 53 in the face and the thought of being unemployed sends chills up my spine.

Prayers on the way for you both.

moosmom
02-07-2005, 08:13 PM
Don't ever take it for granted. Some of us are still waiting.......

AMEN to that!!!

Hey Jen,

Does he have a single brother, cousin, uncle, grandfather available????? :D:D:D

Only kidding!!

My man, Davidp LOVES cats! That's all I need!!!

kimlovescats
02-07-2005, 08:32 PM
First of all, if you don't mind ... give Charlie a GREAT BIG HUG AND KISS from me!!! Secondly, know that I will be praying for your situation, and remember that God always provides!;)

(((HUGS)));)

iloverat
02-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Oh, what a sweet, thoughtful man you have there, Jen!!!!! Prayers are going out for a job deserving of this great fellow. Take care - Bobbi

krazyaboutkatz
02-07-2005, 11:44 PM
Charlie sure is a sweetheart and you're so lucky to have him in your life.:D I sure hope that Charlie's old job will work out nicely and be able to help you both financially. Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way. Please take care. {{{HUGS}}}

catcrazylady
02-08-2005, 06:45 AM
Jen, my chin hit the floor when I read about Charlie. My hubby lost his job of twenty years yesterday! We didn't see it coming and he had to actually leave yesterday. The second bad thing is I work for the same company and I'm praying that I don't get it next because then we will have nothing! I have been looking for work elsewhere but I was trying to be a little particular since I was working. I guess I'm going to have to let that go!
We don't have any savings either because we made enough to feed and care for the cats, pay the bills, and go out to dinner or a movie once in a while. There wasn't enough extra for us either.
Not only did hubby lose his paycheck but also benefits, retirement, life insurance, EVERYTHING!!!

I'm trying to remain positive though. I know that for every bad thing that happens something good will come from it. I have faith that this all happened for a reason and God has a plan for us. I'm hoping and praying that this just means hubby is going to find a better job and be happier in it. He is 54 years old and that scares him. He will be hitting the pavement today and going to the employment office as well.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to hijack your thread but I just wanted you to know that I know exactly how you feel. If you ever need to talk just let me know. I'm scared and I know you must be too.

PT people, Jen and I need your prayers please!

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-08-2005, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
PT people, Jen and I need your prayers please!

You can count on me, both of you!!!

jazzzytina
02-08-2005, 06:53 AM
You both are in my prayers. I am a firm believer that God does provide. Please keep us posted...you can send resumes my way if you want them done for free - I did one already for someone here at PT.

Just PM me for email.

BTW - Tad my darling husband loves cats and had 3 cats when I came to live w/him before we got married.

Killearn Kitties
02-08-2005, 07:03 AM
I'm sorry to hear about Charlie's job, Jen, but it's good that he has the other part-time one. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you both. I think you're right to keep him though, he obviously is a wonderful man! ;) :D

lbaker
02-08-2005, 08:22 AM
I've met Charlie, and believe me people.. it's not just cats and Jen that he loves and cares for. Remember when we met at the PA PT'ers meeting Jen? Who was the first one to give my BadgerBoy a bellyrub :D CHARLIE! You guys will be fine. Oh yeah, it will be a little tough for sure but there is strength in numbers and we are many and all behind you.

catmandu
02-08-2005, 08:25 AM
Charles,is a true Gentleman,and a Pet Guardian,that a lot of Pet talkers,could learn from,and we hope,and pray,that there is a good position,waiting,for a Good Man,to fill it.

jazzcat
02-08-2005, 11:24 AM
You are in my prayers.

Grace
02-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Jen, you and Charlie are in my prayers.

moosmom
02-08-2005, 07:31 PM
Jen and Lisa,

Prayers coming your way, guys! There is nothing more nerve wracking then to worry about whether you'll have your job or not. This economy under the BUSH administration surely sucks!!! And to think we've got another 4 years with this idiot. *sigh*

davidpizzica
02-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
Wow.... see why I am still single...... all the good ones are already taken!

That was such a sweet unselfish thing to do. Well, Laura's Babies, not ALL of them are taken! I'm still a bachelor! But I do like Moosmom alot! Jen I know what it is like to be out of work,and I pray that Charlie gets another job real soon.