PDA

View Full Version : Vent about a girl at my school

luvofallhorses
02-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Okay, here is the story:

I asked my Science teacher,Mr. Malougney pronounced(Mal-ok-ney) if I could go to my(health class that I used to have)to get my poster that I made at the beginning of the year. Anyways,I went to go get it and this girl Megan says to her friend referring to me : "Is that a boy or a girl??" You want to know how ticked off I was about that?? I was completely fuming! I hate my hair and regret that I EVER cut it! I don't look like a boy, now would a boy wear girl clothes? Obviously not. Anyways back to the story..I went into my math class and that same girl was there and looked at me and whispered something to her friend.This all happened on Thursday with the first rude comment and Friday with the other one and now today with the second one. I just walked into my prep period and she says"Ewwww, GROSS!" :mad: I just want this all to stop. For 1) I don't look like a boy,everyone knows that and the last thing she had no right to say both of those things the "Is that a boy/girl?"(she could've said it to her friend without me hearing it) and did NOT need to say"Ewww, GROSS!!!" ugh I am just really upset right now. Thanks for letting me vent about this.

Krista

CamCamPup33
02-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Don't let her get to you! :)

The more she sees you mad about it, the more she'll say things about you.. I've had SO many people say things about me when i was younger, but i never let it bother me and it stopped eventually, because they got bored of not being able to get to me. Hope that advice helped.

slleipnir
02-07-2005, 03:29 PM
I'd just smile at her or laugh or something. I was always made fun of through jr high for being shy. Probably cause I'd just get miserable over it and not say anything and I'm sure they could tell I was hurt by it. Kids can be down right cruel. Just ignore her. You know it's not true, she just has nothing better to do.

Corinna
02-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Must be one of those transplants not born here in Montana. Tell her go home and live here little fantasy else where. I really get tired of the newbies here in the state grumbling about how we do things here Yes we are different here Thank God. Sorry about the rant but I know how you feel. Had that a lot in school tom boy and all .

carole
02-07-2005, 03:44 PM
Krista I am sorry to hear of your troubles, girl's like her alway's exist in every generation, and they are just plain mean and catty., that is how they get their kicks, try to ignore her, as that is what she is after , your reaction, if it gets worse i would chat to the school counsellor about it, great that you came here and vented with us, because it is not good all bottled up inside, we are here to help anytime, know that.

I sure hope she stops this immature, childish horrible behaviour and gets on with her life, and leaves you well alone.

catnapper
02-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Can you say something to the teacher, or prinicpal? In my kids' school, if comments are made like this, the kids all report it because there are some serious problems about this type of behavior. If you report it and the beahvior continues and the school does not step in to intervene, then you should to go to the police and press charges of harassment. You do NOT have to listen to this type of garbage from anyone!

Queen of Poop
02-07-2005, 03:52 PM
I'd call it harrassment. Document it and track it. Do not feed it. When the remarks are made let them roll off your back like water on a duck, but keep track of them in a notebook as that will be your evidence should you need to pursue it further. Likely she is jealous because you are so wonderful. Take heart, there are cruel people in this world, they're not worth your time.

luvofallhorses
02-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Can you say something to the teacher, or prinicpal? In my kids' school, if comments are made like this, the kids all report it because there are some serious problems about this type of behavior. If you report it and the beahvior continues and the school does not step in to intervene, then you should to go to the police and press charges of harassment. You do NOT have to listen to this type of garbage from anyone!

I can tomorrow, catnapper. I just hope they do something about it, they have helped me in the past from past students who teased me.So I will keep you all updated. :)

caseysmom
02-07-2005, 04:28 PM
I absolutely HATE this kind of thing. I tell my girls if you here this kind of stuff going on and you don't defend the person you are just as guilty of the person making the comments.

My daughter says at her middle school the kids say things to this deaf boy because he can't hear...my daughter gets really mad at them! I wonder what these kids are taught at home?

carole
02-07-2005, 04:49 PM
I remember my daughter telling me about a boy in her class who on the way home from school was harrassing a girl in her class, this little girl has deformed hands, not sure if she was born that way or has bad juvenile arthritis, he obviously was teasing her, I am proud to say Melissa gave him a piece of her mind, and then she reported him to the teacher the next day, I am glad she was not too scared to step in and be called a tell -tale, because often that is what happens and these type of bullies get away with it.

Infact that is what this girl is a bully, so donot be afraid to report her and get this stopped, good luck sweetie.

My Peanuts
02-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Some people need to grow up. That has to be one of the most immature things I have ever heard. I think people think that they will be popular for making fun of other people. I was a pretty popular person in high school and the only reason I brought that up is because I was nice to everyone regardless of my social click.

Another thing, my brother is gay and he had a tough time when he was in high school. There was one guy that picked on him who used to work with me. This guy is also friend's with my boyfriend's brother so I see him often. So anyway, this guy apologized to my brother and told him that he still thinks about the names he called him 12 years ago (when they were in high school) and he feels really bad still. My brother didn't even remember that this guy ever called him anything. My point is that when this girl gets older she will have to live with the evil things she called people when she was young and stupid. Don't let it bother you because one day it will probably bother the hell out of her.

MaryJae
02-07-2005, 05:04 PM
How old is this girl? If she's a Freshman or a Sophmore, then I'd understand why she pulls jokes on people...it's because she's immature. If she's younger than you, then don't worry about it. I admit that I joked around when I was that age because I thought it was fun, but when I think of it now, it was really immature. As kids get older, they start understanding things more so just don't let her get to you.

If someone jokes someone at my school, there's always someone that backs that person up making the person saying bad things look bad. Even the "popular" people will back you up because if you joke someone, nobody will take you seriously in anything unless you were just playing around(everyone will know when you're just kidding). It's really immature and she'll eventually grow out of it. If she won't leave you alone, then just tell her off.

KYS
02-07-2005, 06:26 PM
I agree, it is called harrassment.
What grade are you both in?

luvofallhorses
02-07-2005, 06:34 PM
she is like a freshman/sophmore and I am a senior

MariaM
02-07-2005, 06:47 PM
Those things suck! Really, I know how mad it gets you. That happened to me a couple years ago. It got really bad. But now I have changed alot and really could care less what people say about me. I'm pretty happy with who I am, so it doesn't bother me when people say things about me.

I suppose it's like this. You have to be happy with who you are. If you aren't, (not saying you are or aren't) then just work on changing a bit and being happy. If you ARE happy with who you are, then who cares what they say?

Back when I was bothered a lot I wasn't happy at all. It was partly because of that, but now, I am just really happy with who I am, so things people say about me usually just bounce right off, or, I take them as a compliment!

:p

Toby's my baby
02-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Ugg... I hate when people harrass others! I am sorry you have to go through this. I went through it a lot last year, people called me really bad names, that I dont want to post on here. And it all stoped this year. But, last year they also harrassed my sister and Emma (dogz) calling them Anarexic sp) and stuff. It really annoyed me. It has all stoped now except people do still tease Emma sometimes. They call her a punk and stuff, just because she got black etnies... ugg.... people:rolleyes:

bluekat
02-07-2005, 09:27 PM
I know how you feel..I used to get teased sometimes at school too, when people would just say the most immature things:rolleyes: Its always the so-called "popular" people. They like to make fun of others and think they're so cool doing it. And usually, its only the friends of them who laugh along. Whenever I see people make fun of others, I get really mad because I can think of lots of things to say back to them too. Its not like they're perfect like they think they are.

Just try to ignore them and try not to let them get to you...hopefully one day they will realize how immature they have been and stop.

joycenalex
02-08-2005, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by carole ...Infact that is what this girl is a bully, so donot be afraid to report her and get this stopped, good luck sweetie. [/B] . since she's an underclass member, she might be trying to gain status by bullying an upperclass member, what ever HER reasons for being a bully, they're HER reasons and not your issue, and they are HER deficiencies as a human, not yours. you need to take moves to protect yourself . telling your counselor/principal/advisor is good, start keeping a journal of what happens. you can learn steps to protect yourself from bullies/mean girls and get some life skills, cause sadly bullies are everywhere. good luck, joyce

moosmom
02-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Loveofallhorses,

I used to get teased ALOT in school. I found the best way thing to do is walk away and ignore them. If they don't get a reaction from you, they'll realize it's a waste of time.

People can be cruel. It's a sad fact. But my parents always told me the best defense is silence.

Hang in there honey!! ;)

sirrahved
02-08-2005, 07:38 PM
((((((((luvofallhorses)))))))))) We love you here, and that's all that matters! You can laugh at your 10 year when she's still doing nothing and you are a success!