PDA

View Full Version : Cats and Chlorine - weird reaction!

Kirsten
02-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Strange!! For a while now, I'm using a cleaner for my bathroom which contains some Chlorine, and for some reason, my cats react strongly to that scent.

It's not that they're getting in contact with the cleaner itself (I'm usually very careful about that), but they're going after my hands after I have used it. It seems to drive them mad, especially Luna.

She would press her nose and mouth against my hand, bites and eventually does that scratching thingy with her hind legs. She hasn't acted like that since the days of her kittenhood, unless I'm using that cleaner. Isn't that weird?

Has anyone noticed the same?

Kirsten

BigB_Kittys
02-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Rocky acts aggressively whenever my mom uses Rub A535 or Absorbine Junior for her muscle sores. The scent makes him start to give head butts eventually leading to biting. As, for the chlorine, my neighbour's cat Taffy will rub himself all over an area that had it applied. Funny how certain odours will make them react.

Brian

catnapper
02-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Allen LOVES when my hands smell like bleach! He goes NUTS trying to rub on my hand, licks and nips my hands too. Harry reacts as well, but not as strongly.

rg_girlca
02-07-2005, 04:05 PM
My Katie girl goes nuts over the Blue Ice that I use for sore muscles and Sades goes crazy with the smell of bleach.

They react the same way when they have catnip.

catmandu
02-08-2005, 08:52 AM
The Found Cats go crazy,over I cant beleive its not Butter,and they will steal,the lid,and play,with it long after it has been licked claen,CATS!!!!