PDA

View Full Version : Magazines!

lizzielou742
02-07-2005, 01:58 PM
I LOVE magazines! Does anyone else buy them constantly like me? I have subscriptions, actually, which is a good thing, because I would buy them all off the rack anyway, so I guess I'm sort of saving money. I am so addicted.

I'm currently subscribed to:
InStyle (my favorite)
Cosmopolitan
Marie Claire
Vogue
Self

And I'd love to buy subscriptions to - if my boyfriend would let me:
Health
Fitness
Cooking Light
US Weekly (this is an expensive one)

With all the magazines I get, plus three subscriptions he gets, our mailbox is always overflowing! I'm such a dork! :D

The Cat Factory
02-07-2005, 02:02 PM
I am not subscribed to anything, but I always buy Nintendo Power, GameSpy, Electronic Gaming Monthly, all video game magazines :)

PJ's Mom
02-07-2005, 02:02 PM
I subscribe to Dog Fancy. :D

Buddy Blaze Lover
02-07-2005, 03:16 PM
I don't read many magazines, but I love the Blood-Horse magazines a lot!! I varies from there...:) Hey Lizzie Lou, it's good to have you back! I haven't seen you post for a while!;)

Lillycat
02-07-2005, 05:37 PM
i love to read.......and i love magazines.....they serve a good purpose for the "short" read or just to laze around and look through.......not about deep concentration........i mostly subscribe to home magazines (i.e. country living types.)...i also love martha stewart and real simple....real simple is probably my favorite of its type....and tho i love cooking light....i seem to get most of my recipes online anymore if i dont already have what i need

Tollers-n-Dobes
02-07-2005, 05:38 PM
lol The only magazines I ever really read are the Dogs in Canada ones....

Shelteez2
02-07-2005, 06:08 PM
I have a subscription to Dogs In Canada, only because it comes free with my CKC membership. I do enjoy it though.

I also buy Cosmo every month. I should just get a subscription, it would probably be cheaper...LOL

MariaM
02-07-2005, 06:56 PM
I have only ever bought one magazine in my entire life. They are too expensive for me. :o

chrissycat21
02-07-2005, 07:01 PM
I subscribe to some magazines. A lot I share with my sisters, though:

American Girl (for my sister, but it comes in my name since my mom renewed a b day gift from years ago)

NG Kids (same as above)

Girls Life

Teen Vogue (Accidental but they're sending it for free!)

Young Rider (Probably my favorite!)

Thats all I can think of now!

moosmom
02-07-2005, 07:14 PM
I LOVE Cat Fancy. It's the only magazine I read front to back! I also like People. But I'm too cheap to buy it so I get it from my SIL after she's finished reading it. :D

Twisterdog
02-07-2005, 08:38 PM
I read magazines all the time. I read one for an hour every day while I'm on the eliptical trainer at the gym.

I subscribe currently to National Geographic and Good Housekeeping. I used to get Cosmopolitan, but I haven't gotten one for a while, so I guess I let my subscription run out.

I used to get Aquarium Fish, Volkswagen Trends and Dog Fancy. My son was selling magazines for a school fundraiser, so I bought those three. Wasn't too thrilled, though, so I won't be renewing any of them.

I also buy the cheesy ones sometimes at the grocery store, if I see one with something interesting on the cover while I'm waiting in line. I am the impulse-buyer they put magazines in the check-out lines for, that's for sure. Sometimes I will buy People or Women's World like this.

catnapper
02-07-2005, 08:42 PM
I can't remember the last magazine I bought. I used to read them all the time, but after a while, all the articles were the same, and nothing new was to be said.

NoahsMommy
02-07-2005, 09:21 PM
I subscribe to Allure, Glamour, and Women's Fitness. David gets Sports Illustrated.

:)

lizzielou742
02-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
I read magazines all the time. I read one for an hour every day while I'm on the eliptical trainer at the gym.

That's what I do too, except while I'm on the treadmill. Sometimes, if I spot a new one I just have to have while I'm on my lunch break, I will sneak it into work and read at my desk!!! Good thing my boss only comes in twice a week. ;)

Buddy Blaze Lover - thanks for your words!! I have been super busy (new workout schedule, preparing to move, etc), but I should be able to post some pictures of Tito & Sophie maybe this week. :D

I love People, too. Probably the only magazine I don't like is Entertainment Weekly - who wants to read nothing but movie and book reviews? I don't see enough movies or read enough books to be interested in that one. :p

wolfsoul
02-07-2005, 10:25 PM
I buy the Dogs in Canada Annuals. I love all dog magazines, but usually don't buy any others. I did buy a DogWorld because it had an article about catahoulas. Sometimes I'll get the Dog USAs too. Every once in a while I will get Cosmo, Woman's World, or YM.

EssTer
02-08-2005, 12:42 PM
I buy often Dog Fancy.. And sometimes I read Cosmo, when I get it from my mom :D

Corinna
02-08-2005, 12:52 PM
I think hubby gets every wooddorking mag around. I get spinoff and pick up every once in a while a quilting mag.

christa
02-08-2005, 01:18 PM
I have subscriptions to:

Shape
Cosmo
Muscle & Fitness HERS
Taste of Home
Taste of Home Cooking Light

Hmm . . . I think that's all :)