PDA

View Full Version : what is your favourite pancake?

vinjashira
02-07-2005, 07:01 AM
this tuesday is pancake tuesday!!! :D
Do you generally have pancake on pancake tuesday?
just wondering what your favourite pancake is.. mine is raspberry and apple :p

Laura's Babies
02-07-2005, 09:33 AM
I never meet a pancake I didn't like! I like mine just loaded with squeeze Parkay and Mrs. Buttersworth syrup...MMmmmmmmmm! I make pancakes EVERY morning on the boat for my crew.

RobiLee
02-07-2005, 09:41 AM
I've never had any kind of pancakes except with lots of syrup and butter. I love them but I don't eat them very often.

Making me hungry now ;)

Lillycat
02-07-2005, 10:07 AM
he he he......funny you should ask......less than a mile down the street from where i live......they are building a brand new IHOP......the sign now reads....opening soon........johanna and i (and jonah, of course) cannot wait........pancakes after church EVERY SUNDAY!!!!! ......(I, also, love most kinds of pancakes!)

aly
02-07-2005, 10:10 AM
I don't eat pancakes very often, but I love them with peanut butter and fresh bananas, yum.

sirrahbed
02-07-2005, 11:23 AM
I never heard of pancake tuesday - but *any* day is good for pancakes:p
I LOVE pecan pancakes - lots of chunks in the batter and sprinkled on top. Waffle House makes good ones. Then, butter and syrup of course!! I also think pancakes taste best made with buttermilk:D

If anyone keeps a sourdough starter or amish bread starter going - that also makes GREAT pancakes!! Just use it on feeding day as the liguid in your recipe.

cali
02-07-2005, 11:38 AM
never heard of pancake tuesday lol but my fav pancake is finnish pancakes!(similer to buttermilk crepes, but use sour milk instead of butter milk, the more sour the milk the better they tast lol) lol if you use very sour milk and there is lots of smoke in the kitchen while you are making them they will taste REALLY good. :p

Logan
02-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Just plain, with Butter and Syrup...........will have to make pancakes tomorrow morning for breakfast! My daughter will be thrilled!!! :)

vinjashira
02-07-2005, 11:45 AM
for those who has no idea what pancake tuesday is, here is something I quote from http://www.littlefallschurch.org/Lent2005Pancake.shtml

The Tuesday before Lent is celebrated across the world in a variety of ways. This holiday is also known as Mardi Gras (literally "fat Tuesday" in French), Carnival (from the Latin for "farewell to the flesh"), Fasnacht (the Germanic "night of the fast"), and Shrove Tuesday. The latter name comes from the word "shriven." To shrive someone, in old-fashioned English, is to hear his acknowledgment of his sins, to assure him of God's forgiveness, and to give him appropriate spiritual advice.

On Shrove Tuesday, many Christians make a special point of self-examination, of considering what wrongs they need to repent, and what amendments of life or areas of spiritual growth they especially need to ask God's help in dealing with.

For centuries, Christians have celebrated Shrove Tuesday with a pancake feast. Why pancakes? The idea is to use up all the fats and other dairy products before the beginning of Lent, when such ingredients were traditionally forbidden according to the dietary rules once observed during the forty days of Lent. Since pancakes are a standard way of using up fat, the day is also called Pancake Tuesday.

Logan
02-07-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by aly
I don't eat pancakes very often, but I love them with peanut butter and fresh bananas, yum.

That's a new one, Aly, but one I'm thinking that my step kids would love because they love peanut butter on bagles and toast.......don't know about the bananas, though. Sounds good to me!!! Peanut butter and bananas are wonderful together!!

Logan

sirrahved
02-07-2005, 12:30 PM
My grandma's recipe, hands down! Hers is from an old cook book... like old, cook on a woodstove old. So yummy! I haven't found a better one anywhere.

aly
02-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Logan
That's a new one, Aly, but one I'm thinking that my step kids would love because they love peanut butter on bagles and toast.......don't know about the bananas, though. Sounds good to me!!! Peanut butter and bananas are wonderful together!!

Logan

It is great! I also love peanut butter and syrup on french toast. It seems normal to me because my crazy dad has been giving it to me since I was young. I do get strange looks sometimes about it though!

I put syrup on the pancakes with the banana and peanut butter too, but not too much. I spread the peanut butter a little thin too, and load it with bananas.

slick
02-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Don't do pancakes myself...I'm a savory kinda gal!

tatsxxx11
02-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Us Scandinavians celebrate Shrove Tuesday, but instead of pancakes, we make "Semlor," or Shrove Tuesday buns. The buns are sort of like hot cross buns, but better, not as spongy and filled with almond paste (marzipan) then served in a deep dish with hot milk poured over them, then whipped creme then powdered sugar:D As a kid, I loved to wait till they were all soggy then squish all the "stuff" together:D Us Swedes eat "pancakes" all the time, but they are more like sweetened crepes, paper thin and soooo buttery, sprinkled with sugar and filled with jam then rolled up. Yum!:) IHOP serves a pretty good version of them, but they're not "Mom's!":)

BitsyNaceyDog
02-07-2005, 04:31 PM
my favorite pancakes are peach pancakes from Cracker Barrel.

KYS
02-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Chocolate chip pancakes with whip cream on top.

RICHARD
02-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Wait a second.

Every gal complains about gaining weight, yet everyone has no complaints about celebrating Fat Tuesday?????:confused:

popcornbird
02-07-2005, 07:24 PM
I've never heard of Pancake Tuesday...but I 'love' pancakes. I love IHOP's blueberry pancakes. In fact, I love all of IHOP's pancakes. I love IHOP. :D

GoldenRetrLuver
02-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Bleh.. I HATE pancakes. :o Always have, always will.

vinjashira
02-08-2005, 01:28 AM
Happy Pancake Tuesday everyone!!! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-08-2005, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
Bleh.. I HATE pancakes. :o Always have, always will.

You would NOT hate my homemade ones! They are VERY thin, almost paperthin, and OH SO YUMMIE!!!!!
If anyone want my special old Flemish recipe, I will post it!

catnapper
02-08-2005, 06:39 AM
LOL.. last night's dinner was pancakes. Shold have saved it for tonight! Just plain buttermilk with maple syrup. I'm a simple kind of gal!

catnapper
02-08-2005, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
You would NOT hate my homemade ones! They are VERY thin, almost paperthin, and OH SO YUMMIE!!!!!
If anyone want my special old Flemish recipe, I will post it!
No! the thicker and fluffier the better! Hubby makes the paperthin ones and has to make special thick ones for me. :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-08-2005, 08:07 AM
Somebody asked for the recipe via e-mail! So, here we go:

200 g flour
1/2 l milk
2 eggs
2 Tsp oil

mix, and start!! It is soooo easy! The ingredients are in metric... I hope that's no problem (you can convert if you like!)

davidpizzica
02-08-2005, 09:51 AM
I used to LOVE pancakes, but now that I'm diabetc I'm not allowed to have them! However my most favorite pancakes were potato pancakes! especially the way my mother made them. She was lithuanian and really knew how to make them.

CamCamPup33
02-08-2005, 09:54 AM
I loooove 'plain' pancakes with butter and syrup..

But for an occasional treat, chocolate chip pancakes are good! :p

jenfer
02-08-2005, 11:53 AM
plain, i guess. i don't usually have pancakes.