PDA

View Full Version : Re: Cat Won't come out from Under the Chair

cat___Lover
11-11-2001, 10:54 PM
I was asked for more info about the cat.

She is 6 mos old and was a barn cat. She was from a litter born in the spring, & the mother was there along with the rest of the cats born of her litter and kittens from a more recent litter. From what I understand she didn't have a good relationship with the owners husband.

When held she seems fine. She doesn't struggle to get out of my arms or anything. I am lucky enough to be able to offer her a very quiet house. She does venture out occasionally but the slightest noise or movement sends her scurrying back under the chair. If I even so much as look in her direction and she notices she runs. As long as she doesn't think I notice her she will come out.

I have tried to play with yarn with her to get her to come out. She is absolutely not interested.

My first concern was that she was going to starve herself to death, but at least that doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.

As long as I know that all it will take for her is some time, I can give her that. I feel better that she is eating now

thanks for the advice
Michelle

:)

cat___Lover
11-11-2001, 11:00 PM
P.S.

I was thinking of getting a second cat for company for her... any thoughts?

Michelle

Former User
11-12-2001, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by cat owner:
<STRONG>P.S.

I was thinking of getting a second cat for company for her... any thoughts?

Michelle</STRONG>

Yeah, she might like the company or not, really hard to say. But at least she could play with the other cat since she doesn't seem to want to play with you (yet, I'm sure the time will come, be patient!).
Let us know what you decide ok.