PDA

View Full Version : I need computer help!!! >.<

BCBlondie
02-06-2005, 08:50 PM
When installing new hardware (like, a DVD/CD rom drive), do I need to install the software first? And, would the new hardware go in the top or bottom slot of the cd/dvd location in the optical drive... because I put it in the second (bottom) slot... and I haven't installed the disk yet... I've trying to but the software won't install... Now I'm thinking maybe I should have installed it before I put the new hardware in? Should I take it out, replace it with the old one, put my computer back together, install the software, and then go back and install the new hardware again?? Or should I uninstall the old hardware that was at the location, and then install the new one??

I'm so lost.. I'm good with computers when it comes to graphics and websites and stuff... but when it comes to the actual stuff you touch, I'm totally lost!! *cries*

slleipnir
02-06-2005, 11:43 PM
I'm not really sure..but it would usually tell you how to install it...Like, I had something once and it told me to install the software first

BCBlondie
02-07-2005, 12:42 AM
It didn't say anything... It DID come with a software but it didn't say anything about installing it before or after or anything... The only directions it gave were how to put the hardware into the whatever...

Good news: I figured it out!!! :D I had done it right the first time, but I didn't know I had to switch the stupid little jumper from MA to CS. :p It works now though.. Woohooooo!! :D