PDA

View Full Version : Abbi

robinh
02-06-2005, 08:02 PM
My friend, JoAnn (the shelter manager where I volunteer) lost her 10 lb yorkie Abbi today. We think one of the volunteers at shelter may have left the gate open and when JoAnn let her furkids out this morning they escaped out the gate. A truck coming barrelling down the road hit Abbi. JoAnn found her broken body in the road.

I drove JoAnn over to the pet cemetary to take care of Abbi. She's being cremated today and JoAnn will get her ashes back tomorrow. After we made arrangements, I brought JoAnn back to our house for the day so that she wouldn't be alone. We've cried so much today we both have a headache.

Abbi was a typical yorkie - an armpit pirahna. Really quite the character. JoAnn is so devastated.

Please pray for them both.

RIP Abbi - you will be missed.

Logan
02-07-2005, 07:30 AM
Oh, Robin, that is so sad. I can't imagine JoAnn's grief over this. I'm so glad you were able to be with her. :(

Karen
02-07-2005, 07:33 AM
Rest in barky bouncy peace, Abbi!

cyber-sibes
02-07-2005, 07:54 AM
Poor baby! I lost my sweet Rosie to a truck accident last year, it is so hard, they're gone in an instant, no warning! It was one of the worst days of my life.
Abbi, have a wonderful time at the Rainbow Bridge, lots of other beloved puppies will be there to greet you! **Prayers and hugs **

ramanth
02-07-2005, 10:24 AM
Poor things! :( RIP Abbi. :(

slick
02-07-2005, 10:31 AM
My thoughts are with JoAnn at this sad time. RIP Abbi and romp and play happy at the RB.

Carole S. Devereux
02-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Everything happens for a reason. What may seem like a horrible accident on the surface of things, may actually have been a spiritual message, if you can look deeper you will know it. What ever happens at death, (I have been told many times by animals I work with) no one is alone at the end. There are beautiful angels and spirits and devas, and light beings who come to help the being move on into a much less painful place. When its time to go, humans often try to negate the inevitable. But, when its time for animals to go, they go with a willing heart.

Read a communication with Cheeser, a cat who passed away two years ago to get an idea of what an animal thinks and feels from the other side of the Bridge.

http://www.animalinsights.com/Reading_With_Cheeser.html

K9soul
02-07-2005, 12:45 PM
What a tragic and heartbreaking loss. I cannot imagine the horror and grief of finding her broken little body in the road like that :(. Rest in peace, sweet Abbi, free from pain and whole again at the bridge. Your Momma will meet up with you again in paradise sweetheart. Thoughts and prayers go out for JoAnn as she faces this grief.

dogs_4_me
02-07-2005, 11:58 PM
Oh gosh :( how horrible, i cant even imagin going through that :( My prayers go out to Joann, she must be having such a hard time. RIP sweet Abbi, you will be missed down here :(

Sudilar
02-08-2005, 08:37 AM
What a nightmare that had to have been. RIP, Abbi. So sorry for your great loss.