PDA

View Full Version : We're Home From The Shows!!!

LuvGold00
02-06-2005, 06:10 PM
We had such a good time this weekend and the girls did SO wonderful... Made me very proud!

So I don't have to type everything out again, visit my website for all the details and pictures!!!:cool:
http://www.sunkissedgoldens.com

*Kara

chocolatepuppy
02-06-2005, 06:13 PM
Yay Luna and Shimmer! Great job, I bet you all had fun too! Your Goldens are just beautiful Kara. :)

RobiLee
02-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Congratulations!!! What an exciting day for you and your pups!

Well done.

Robin :)

Shelteez2
02-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Hey congrats! Beautiful pics.... :)

I was wondering, when you get a chance, if you could post why you are breeding Starr, so that people who don't fully understand the difference between byb's (even those with good intentions) and responsible breeders. That way they could read the proper reasons and see why some of us get offended when others want to breed their dogs. Did that make any sense? LOL

Anyways, congrats again. Looking forward to seeing more pics as those two grow up and fill out and continue their show careers. :D

Lexi_Lover
02-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Wow! Thats excellent Kara! See, I told you that your amazing goldens would do awesome! :D Gorgeous dogs, how could they not win?!? ;) Very professionaly groomed, did you do it yourself?

LuvGold00
02-06-2005, 06:40 PM
Lexi_Lover -
Yes, I groomed them myself.. It was a very exciting day for me and the girls, they just loved it.

Shelteez2 -

Why am I breeding Starr? I am breeding Starr because as a child she was so amazing (and she still is :)), and learned so quickly, she loved every minute of training and even though she didn't love conformation showing, she excels in so many other events! Therefore, I am breeding her because she is a wonderful example of the breed, and the male I have chosen to breed her with compliments her wonderfully. ALL of my puppies are sold on spay/neuter contracts, unless they are bought for show. Show pups are sold on co-ownerships unless I know the person well, or I know they are active in the show ring.
Also, if I may add, Starr and the male she is being bred with both have the following clearances: Hips, Elbows, Heart, Eye (done every 12 months), Thyroid... And Starr also has Brucella checked before each litter. It is my firm opinion that no one should breed without these clearances, and as I breeder, I am here to voice that opinion and help better no only the breed, but the public.
:)

Vette
02-06-2005, 06:44 PM
Oh wow! thats the first time ive been to your webpage. i love the graphics and pictuers. :D very nice dogs!

Shelteez2
02-06-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by SunKissedGoldens

Shelteez2 -

Why am I breeding Starr? I am breeding Starr because as a child she was so amazing (and she still is :)), and learned so quickly, she loved every minute of training and even though she didn't love conformation showing, she excels in so many other events! Therefore, I am breeding her because she is a wonderful example of the breed, and the male I have chosen to breed her with compliments her wonderfully. ALL of my puppies are sold on spay/neuter contracts, unless they are bought for show. Show pups are sold on co-ownerships unless I know the person well, or I know they are active in the show ring.
Also, if I may add, Starr and the male she is being bred with both have the following clearances: Hips, Elbows, Heart, Eye (done every 12 months), Thyroid... And Starr also has Brucella checked before each litter. It is my firm opinion that no one should breed without these clearances, and as I breeder, I am here to voice that opinion and help better no only the breed, but the public.
:) [/B]

Thanks! That's the kind of info other people need to see....:)

Do you do any competitive performance events with Starr?

I have a friend who has a golden and she shows him in conformation as well as training him for obedience, and some gun dog thing?? :)

Corinna
02-06-2005, 08:13 PM
Yeah!! on all counts. Beautiful kids and show buddies. Makes me almost miss the ring. But I don't miss the stress and politics.

LuvGold00
02-06-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
Do you do any competitive performance events with Starr?

From when Starr was 6 months old until she was about 1 1/2 she did conformation showing... She didn't really care for it, the atmosphere was just not her style. So from when she was 1 1/2 until she was 2 she was a lap dog ;)... Then when she was 2 I bred her, since then she has been working with Obedience and has attended a few shows with her Son, testing the waters to see how she did in the show atmosphere again. I'm looking into maybe getting her CGC title (Canine Good Citizenship) because my overall goal is to have all my dogs titled in some way... But we will she what Starr wants to do, afterall she is 4 years old and is pretty use to being the Queen! :cool: